Rated 3 out of 5 by Leifyboy Not for power chewer
It was destroyed in less than 5 minutes by my super power chewer GSD. I was hoping that it would be a rope substitute since he usually ends up eating the ropes. It seemed to be pretty flexible and durable enough when we played tug and I let him ngaw on it. When I turned around, I heard a snap sound and the thing was broken into two pieces - not sure how he did it. He looked surprised himself... So, if you have a power chewer, it won't survive.
August 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jack The perfect solution to our stick problem
We have a German shepherd who was wearing down his teeth chasing and collecting sticks in the backyard. We bought these soft yet tough sticks and it's been a perfect solution. We bought ten for him to chase and play with , he loves them!
November 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by JennyRMK Buyer Beware, but it's a pretty awesome toy
So, everyone who is not necessarily satisfied with this product generally is embarrassed about it's shape. Well, for one, look at the picture. Okay, so now look at your arm. Imagine something that looks like that, that is the size of your arm. If you're embarrassed, don't get it. If you don't care that it looks the way it does, I totally love this!
I have a large puppy, he's going on 6 months and he's over 40 lbs. I got him the medium one, which was plenty big enough. He loves this. The only bad parts were completely preference based.
1) You can't pick the color. Which can be bad luck... In our situation... It's pink. For a male dog. We have horrible luck receiving pink things, though, so we will live. We will have a girlfriend for him eventually.
2) Shy individuals might be embarrassed about it's shape. But, in my household, it's become more of a joke. We're aware it's a dog toy, and we are mature about it... (sometimes)
3) It is clunky and makes a lot of noise. We're used to that though, but throwing it outside is fun.
All of the positives:
1) It's lasted. My puppy is teething, and he loves just rubbing those twisty ridges on his gum. It is hard, and pretty durable as far as my chewers go. I would definitely recommend this for a puppy or anyone who enjoys more rubber/plastic textures.
2) It's easy to hold when playing tug-o-war. Unless your dog is a slobber machine, it is very easy to tug and play with. Even with slobber palms, you can maintain a firm grip.
3) It floats, so it is great for water-training dogs or dogs that like to play in the water. We recently had to put away our pool for autumn/fall, but I cannot wait to take him out to the lake and play a game of fetch in the water with it.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with it, and if you are unsure whether or not it is the toy for you, head out to a pet store and actually look at the product before ordering it. We seen these on our trips to the pet shop, and wanted one, but the price was way more affordable through here.
October 8, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katszo0 Safestix
My baby Rottweiler loves this toy and the larger ones can play with him too..without breaking this toy!!
Excellent for chewers!!!
May 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by CBJeep HUGE toy!
Ordered this in Medium for my 7 1/2 month old golden retriever. It arrived, and it's green. It's also HUGE! Definitely an outdoor only toy. It's thick, heavy duty, and will last a long, long time. The green shows up well in the grass. Loki likes it, and it is so much better, imho, than a regular stick.
April 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cindyweims2 Much Larger than they appear in pictures!!
Very well made but wish the came in a brighter color...we were shipped the blue which can be tough to find in the woods!! Definitely bigger than I expected but it will work well for my 2 weimaraners (it is big enough that they can use it together).
March 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Oakley Fun
my GSD loves this toy! It's tough and easy to clean.
January 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by JML11 Durable toy!
This exceeded expectations as it has withheld the jaws of two tough chewers fetching and tugging on it daily. At one point a 3rd dog at the park joined in because there is plenty of room for a few dogs to grab on. It's a great toy. It does say on the tag that it is NOT a chew toy, so we just use it outside for fetch as my dog would love to sit and chew it all day. Impressed and very happy with this product as a good interaction toy.
October 15, 2015