PetSafe Premier Gentle Leader Quick Release Black Dog Headcollar
|You Save:||$7.91 (41%)|
PetSafe Premier Gentle Leader Quick Release Black Dog Headcollar, Large
A dog’s natural instinct is to pull when tension is on the lead, even if they are choking. Because standard collars and harnesses create this tension when owners pull, the dog pulls in the opposite direction. Because the Gentle Leader Headcollar works like a halter, the dog’s head is gently moved in the direction the owner wants it to go. And where the head goes, the body will follow. Because of the placement of the nose loop, the dog immediately understands his/her place in the hierarchy. The dog considers the owner his/her leader.
- Stops pulling on the leash.
- Only have to compete with the strength of neck and head not all of the body
- Easy for anyone to walk big or strong dogs
- Safe to use on puppies as young as 8 weeks old
- Very little pressure applied to the dog’s muzzle and no pressure on the throat
- Can be sized to fit all dogs with an adjustable nose loop
- Option to convert the Headcollar to a regular collar if desired
- Eliminates uncomfortable pressure on the throat when pulling on a standard collar
- Because of the placement of the collar, the dog understands his place in the hierarchy and considers you his leader.
- Petite, under 5 lbs; snout 11 inches (Chihuahua, teacup and toy breeds, puppies)
- Small, 5-25 lbs; snout 12 inches(Beagle, Sheltie, Shihtzu)
- Medium, 25-60 lbs; snout 18 inches(Border Collie, Bulldog, Pug)
- Large, 60-130 lbs; snout 22 inches(Boxer, German Shepherd, Labrador Retriever)
- Extra Large over 130 lbs; snout 28 inches (Great Dane, Newfoundland, Saint Bernard)
Consider your dog's weight based on the chart below. Next, look at the shape of the dog’s head and snout. Breeds with long slender heads may take a smaller size than other dogs of the same weight. Breeds with wide muzzles may need a slightly larger size.