21st Century Essential Pet L-Lysine Amino Acid Support Soft Chews Cat Supplement, 100 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Chews contain the naturally-occurring amino acid L-Lysine.
- Supports immune and respiratory systems in your furry friend.
- Supplement has a delicious chicken flavor cats love.
- Intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
- Made with human-grade ingredients in an FDA registered facility.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Vetoquinol Enisyl-F Lysine Bites Chicken & Liver Flavored Soft Chews Immune Supplement for Cats, 6.35-oz bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- NOW Pets L-Lysine Immune System Support Cat Supplement, 8-oz jar$10.60Chewy Price$15.99List Price$10.07Autoship Price
- Optixcare L-Lysine Cat Chews, 60 count bag$13.88Chewy Price$27.98List Price$13.19Autoship Price
- VetriScience Vetri Lysine Plus Chicken Flavored Soft Chews Immune Supplement for Cats, 180 count$30.00Chewy Price$28.50Autoship Price
- Tomlyn Immune Support Powder Immune Supplement for Cats, 3.5-oz tub$15.99Chewy Price$16.49List Price$15.19Autoship Price
- HomeoPet Feline Furball Cat Supplement, 15mL bottle$14.99Chewy Price$19.99List Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Vet Worthy L-Lysine Paw Gel Salmon Flavored Gel Immune Supplement for Cats, 3-oz tube$9.29Chewy Price$8.83Autoship Price
- Totally Wags Collagen Cat Supplement, 4.2-oz bag$15.52Chewy Price$16.95List Price$14.74Autoship Price
- Equa Holistics Total Digest Probiotics & Enzymes Cat Supplement, 1.59-oz tub$34.95Chewy Price$50.31List Price$33.20Autoship Price
- LICKS Pill-Free IMMUNITY Cat Supplement, 30 count$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- Natura Petz Organics Lumps & Bumps Cat Food Topper, 4-oz tin, 4-oz tin, bundle of 2$59.98Chewy Price$56.98Autoship Price
- Natura Petz Organics Urinary Tract Infection Cat Food Topper, 4-oz tin, 4-oz tin, bundle of 2$59.98Chewy Price$56.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Dried Yeast, Vegetable Glycerin, L-Lysine Hydrochloride...||Active Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Inactive Ingredients: Brewer's Dried Yeast, Calcium Propionate...||Active Ingredients: (Per 2 Soft Chews) Prebiotics (Fructooligosaccharide Fos) 15 mg, Alpha-Amylase (Dried Aspergillus Oryzae, Var. Fermentation Product) 1160 Skbu 6.767 Grams of Dextrinized Starch/ Min/ Gram Lipase (Dried Aspergillus Niger...||Animal Fat and Vegetable Fat (preserved with BHA and BHT), Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Dried Whey...||Active Ingredients: Psyllium Husk, Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Flaxseed, Hemp...|
|Lifestage||Adult, Senior||Adult, Senior, Kitten||Adult, Kitten, Senior||Kitten||Adult|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Respiratory Care, Eye Care||Hairball Control||Digestive Health||Milk Replacer||Hairball Control|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||—||—||—||—|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
94 Customer Reviews
Recommend- but note it's only 125mg per treat
My cat has feline herpes disease. Whenever she gets stressed (we leave for vacation, we have construction in the house, etc.), some time after that (sometimes a month later) she will get drippy/goopy eyes, and sneeze a lot. She is always a sneezer but will sneeze more when she's having a flare up. We went to a pet eye doctor and he recommended we try L-Lysine. He gave us 500mg pills of L-Lysine Powder. We had to open up the pill and mix the powder with some wet food / wet treat sticks. That was working fine but was a bit pricy to buy the wet treat sticks, and took effort to stir it in daily. I went searching Chewy to find an easier option and tried these! My cat does have a little trouble chewing them whole... it seems like maybe it gets stuck in her teeth? They're not hard at all but maybe so squishy that they get stuck a little, not sure. So now I squish them with my fingers (they're squishy and soft) so it's some small bits and she eats them up easier. She likes them and it's a special treat every day for her! Important to note the mg of these aren't as high as what I got from the vet but so far so good. She's been taking them for about a month now.
50% are okay with it
I have 8 cats. 4 males who won't touch these, and 4 females who will eat them okay. Unfortunately it's one of the males who really needs them according to the vet. Picky cats!
I wish my cat liked this.
I don’t want to diminish the product but my cat is not fond of this. The odor is very strong and none of my other cats willing eat this as treat. The chews do smell awful and very potent. I have tried powder (no luck bc cat doesn’t like wet food), vertiscience lysine chews, the vetriscience bites. The only thing we know he takes in full dose is the paste bc we can put it on his nose. Lysine is pretty much shot in the dark if your cat likes it.
Only one my cats will eat
This brand used to be carried at a chain pet store, but no longer is. I gave it to my cats in the past and this product was the only one they would eat. They have since passed and my new cats need the L-Lysine for their eyes as well. Since it isn't carried in stores anymore, I tried all the other brands and they won't touch them. Luckily, Chewy still carries this brand so in ordered a can to see if the new cats would eat it. They both like it! Highly recommend this product.
Helped so much
We had powder, and we had another treat type of lysine treatment for feline herpes for our cats. The others worked ok, but they still had a lot of flare ups that never really went away. They were also more difficult to make sure they got all of the dose. These pills changed a lot. They crumble super easily so I can spread it over the food, but it is not so fine as powder that it falls through the food and makes a mess. The cats think it is super tasty and eat it up so they are getting the full amount. They have been doing relatively well these last few months now and I am so happy for them!
Higher dose needed
My kitty has FHV and could have benefitted from this. It did help a tiny tiny bit. But I need a higher dose for him. I would have to double it! The reason why I gave it a three star at least is I could get him to eat these without any hassle.
happy they’re healthier
My cats get out breaks every so often because of the herpes virus. As a busy woman I sometimes forget to put their L lysine powder in their food every night for maintenance. Since they are always begging for food I figured it would be convenient to give them an L lysine treat. However, the last brand of L lysing soft shoes I bought was veterinary approved or so they say but they all hated it and I had to sneak it into their wet food and hope they ate it. Plus I really weren’t softed all and I didn’t even finish the bag I just threw the rest of it away. So when I went on the hunt again for some thing decent for them as a supplement for those just in case I forget the powder days I came across these soft shoes. Wow was I surprised, not only do they all love them but my cats gobbled them up so quickly when I put a chew in front of them so none of the other cats can have an opportunity to try to take it. One of my cats even grabs it in her mouth and walks away to eat it in isolation to be sure no one takes it from her. I am so glad they like it and it is something they really really need to be at their best health. Another plus is that it is not pricey at all. Thanks chewy for supplying the best of the best.
Picky one says YES
Try, try again. We tried a different lysine product that was not acceptable, and Chewy suggested a few others, including this one. YES! My picky rescue kitty likes this one. Thank you for the suggestions! Just another reason I stick with Chewy!
I have 5 cats, only one will eat it, which is the 11 yr old female. Which is fine by me, as I was more concerned about her needing this supplement due to her age.
luckily, my cats adore these
Since lysine works for me and my eyes, I'm giving it in small doses to my healthy, athletic tiger tabbies. They are not hard to please, so it was no surprise that these treats (which I cut in half for run-&-catch play) are a big hit, their favorite among the large variety of treats we keep on hand. So far, the little air-proof box keeps them flexible and fresh.