AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine Internal UV System
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Promotes dazzling, clear water in your finned friends’ abode.
- Designed to be easy to install—no tools necessary!
- Helps remove murkiness from aquarium water.
- Helps create a green-water-free home for your fish!
- Comes with a powerhead.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Tetra Whisper Non-UL Air Pump for Aquariums, Size 040$12.09Chewy Price$16.79List Price
- Marineland Maxi-Jet Water & Circulation Pump, Size 1200$16.79Chewy Price$42.89List Price
- Eheim Automatic Twin Fish Feeder$44.75Chewy Price$62.99List Price
- Tetra Water Cleaner Gravel Siphon Aquarium Cleaner$10.49Chewy Price$9.97Autoship Price
- Underwater Treasure Aqua One 5-In-1 Maintenance Kit$9.99Chewy Price
- Penn-Plax Super Battery Powered Aquarium Gravel Cleaner$41.45Chewy Price$49.99List Price
- Python No Spill Clean & Fill Aquarium Maintenance System, 25-ft$58.61Chewy Price$98.99List Price
- Tetra Maintenance Freshwater Aquarium Bucket, 4-gal$5.29Chewy Price$5.03Autoship Price
- Underwater Treasure Aqua One Dial a Diet Digital Auto Feeder$25.49Chewy Price
- Python Squeeze Stressless Siphon Starter for Aquariums$14.58Chewy Price$22.79List Price
- Penn-Plax Air-Pod Aquarium Air Pump, 20-gal$14.57Chewy Price$18.99List Price
- Tetra Whisper UL Air Pump for Aquariums, Size 100$17.61Chewy Price$36.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
|Fish Type||—||—||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Betta, Goldfish|
Questions & Answers
43 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
216 Customer Reviews
Works on my 80gallon perfectly
I love it, my cats see their fish buddies now that the murkyness is gone and the fish engage my cats going from side to side in aquarium. Really cleared up the aquarium, a true blessing. Going to clean it up every 3 months to keep it working nicely. I have two larger filters and that requires four bags. However despite everything the water seemed slightly merky. However after putting the 9Watt in its crystal clear and makes cleaning my tank easier, and my plants are really thriving now as well I noticed. Will be buying a 2nd one for my other Fish Tank and my Hermit Crabs water tank.
Works Great on Green Water
I got both a 9W and a 24W for my 2 aquariums having trouble with green water. Part of the problem is the water quality where I live, but this was just latest problem. Started clearing the water in 2 days, but took 5 days to fully clear the water. This works best for clearing the single cell organism that causes green water, but not as effective a regular algae that grows on everything.
This product is awful. This is the second one I have bought. The first time from a local pet store and this second time from here. They do not work past a couple of weeks. I bought the proper one for my tank size. It cleared up the water, but then after a couple of weeks broke! After buying two of these, I will not be buying a third one.
Quiet, Adjustable Flow - Amazing Job on my 20 gallon
Went from pea soup to very clear in 8 days. It's quiet, has an adjustable flow rate, and stays put (tip - wipe your glass off before mounting). The suction cups are good - I did have to remount it once so far, not a big deal. My tank is now thriving, and even though there's still a slight green tint I think it's clearer than it's ever been before. I'm going to run it another week or so to be sure I'm completely rid of the algae bloom. Great product and great for the health of your tank.
Worked for Dinos
I used this as part of my 3-day Dino (saltwater) eradication plan, and it worked well. I run it for a few days each week now to keep them away. There are concerns about the impeller shaft releasing toxic elements into the water though, if it crashes my tank I'll change my review.
I used the green killing machine when I had a bad algae bloom, even though skeptical. It worked wonders! Love it!!! It took about 4 or 5 days to be Crystal clear!! I will always use this for preventative measures now.
Was having the worst problem with algea bloom causing green cloudy water.... was at my wits end.... but this UV filter got my 30 gal tank back to tip top shape in 3 days!!! Highly recommend this filter!
Works great for 4 weeks
I was so relieved to finally have our algae bloom problem solved about a month ago when i installed the larger sized model. A few days ago it just stopped working. What a waste.
We were having LOTS of problems with our fish tank. Too much algae as one example. Once we got this as well as a second filter-Marineland Bio-Wheel Emperor, onto our fish tank, we have not had a single fish die and we have not had any problems. We barely even have to do any fish tank water changes. So much easier. We were having to do water changes every day/every other day before this machine. We have not had any algae whats so ever. We have even had to start feeding algae tablets to our pleco.
AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine
This worked amazingly well in my 55 gallon tank! Saw a slight improvement after 24 hours but after 4 days the tank was clear. For me it was worth the expense and I'm happy with the results.