Does Advantage II for dogs expire?
There is no expiration date required on the packaging by the EPA for Advantage II for dogs. The product should be kept in its original packaging and stored as directed on the label.
Can I bathe my dog after applying Advantage II?
Yes. However, we suggest bathing your dog before applying Advantage II. Just make sure your dog is thoroughly towel-dried before application. If you choose to bathe your dog in between treatments, we recommend use of a general grooming shampoo for pets. Keep in mind that more frequent bathing may keep the product from working the full 30 days.
Can my dog go swimming after applying Advantage II?
Yes! Your dog is free to take a dip after Advantage II has been on for 24 hours. However, more frequent swimming may keep the product from working the full 30 days.
**Can I apply Advantage II for dogs on my cats?
No, do not use Advantage II for dogs on cats. Please follow label directions for the application of our flea products.
Can I use Advantage II for dogs on my rabbits?
No, do not use Advantage II for dogs on rabbits. Please follow label directions for the application of our flea products.
How does Advantage II for dogs work?
Advantage II for dogs combines two active ingredients:
- Imidacloprid attacks the flea's nervous system - paralyzing and ultimately killing it.
- Pyriproxyfen is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that kills flea eggs and larvae.
This combination plays a crucial role in treating and preventing infestations, because:
- In an existing infestation, you might only be aware of the adult fleas, which only represent around 5% of the full infestation and are found on the pet.
- Immature flea life stages which live in the pet's environment consist of around 95% of the infestation and can be almost invisible to the naked eye.
What is the difference between Advantage II for dogs and oral flea products?
Advantage II flea prevention is applied to your dog topically, spreading over the skin and hair. It kills fleas through contact, so fleas do not have to bite your dog to die. With oral flea medications, fleas have to bite your dog and ingest the medication before they are killed.
How long does Advantage II for dogs last?
A single application of Advantage II for dogs stops biting fleas for one month. However, if the dog has a severe infestation, retreatment within a month may be necessary. See product label for additional information.
How often can you use Advantage II for dogs?
Use Advantage II for dogs monthly, year-round to help keep your pet protected from fleas. Follow label directions for application.
How old does my dog have to be to use Advantage II for dogs?
You can use Advantage II for dogs on puppies and dogs 7 weeks of age and older.
Can I split tubes of Advantage II between my dogs?
No, you cannot split tubes of Advantage II for dogs between multiple dogs. To successfully prevent and control fleas, dogs must be treated with their own dose of Advantage II. Follow label directions for application.
Does Advantage II for dogs kill ticks?
Advantage II for dogs does not kill ticks but it does provide multi-stage flea control, effectively breaking flea life-cycle stages for lasting control of flea populations. It also treats, prevents and controls lice infestations on dogs.
How long does Advantage II for dogs take to work?
Advantage II for dogs kills fleas on dogs within 12 hours of application.
Can I touch my dog after applying Advantage II for dogs?
Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with the area treated with Advantage II for dogs until completely dry.
How do I store and dispose of Advantage II?
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal of Advantage II.
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Protect from freezing. Keep out of reach of children.
- Disposal and Container Handling: Non-refillable container. If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.