American Journey Active Life Formula Senior Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Senior dry dog food helps support healthy aging with real chicken as the first ingredient, plus a blend of targeted nutrients.
- Antioxidant blend helps support normal brain health in senior dogs to encourage cognitive wellness.
- Vitamin A is added to help support healthy vision, plus omega-3 and 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin from natural sources help support joint health and overall mobility to encourage an active lifestyle.
- Crafted using only nutrient-dense ingredients and never any wheat, corn, soy, chicken or poultry by-product meals, or artificial preservatives, colors or artificial flavors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Senior Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Senior Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 14-lb bag$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Senior Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$59.84Chewy Price$65.99List Price$56.85Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- American Journey Healthy Weight Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- American Journey Senior Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Large Breed Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- American Journey Healthy Weight Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- American Journey Large Breed Adult Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- True Acre Foods Weight Control Chicken & Vegetables Recipes Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$56.98Chewy Price$54.13Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal (a source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Brown Rice...||Deboned Salmon, Menhaden Fish Meal (a source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice...||Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Whole Grain Brown Rice...||Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Whole Grain Barley...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein...||High Fiber, High-Protein, Human-Grade...||Human-Grade, Molasses-Free, Natural...|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals...||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals...||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Immune Support||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support...||Muscle Care, Sensitive Skin, Vitamins & Minerals...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
164 Customer Reviews
Senoir dry chow
I have been using Purina Pro. As it has gotten a bit more expensive, but really that it is often unavailable these days due to supply issues, I decided to try this brand. Very similar as far as nutrition and features of senior food. I have a 13 yr old dog, in great shape, and like the added glucosamine/chondroitin. He took to it immediately.
Dogs like the food
So far they like it, one dog was on a renal diet but kidney level improved but I am still going to mix it with this food. I did a lot of research and it's a really good food. Have been feeding it for about a month and no problems with food and they seem to be enjoying it.
Best food for money
My dog loves this food! He will just keep eating it so I do have to measure. Not always the case with other brands. I have tried other brands, some more pricy like Royal Canin and I've also tried less expensive brands like Purina one. For some reason this food settles best with my dogs GI tract. He has consistent easy to clean bowel movements which makes it my favorite. I tend to stick with the chicken recipe, sometime switch to beef. The salmon recipe gave him some GI issues so we avoid that one. Great value in my opinion. Seems to have a good ingredients list. No dog food is perfect. I'm just glad we found a good fit for our blue heeler.
The dogs like it!
Our usual all life stages version of chicken and brown rice was out of stock, and we were low on food. So we tried this, after comparing ingredients with customer service, as the dogs are both of age. The transition was seamless, and they seem to like it!
Dog loves it
My senior dog loves this food. She eats her entire bowl before days end. With her previous food she could eat a little and not finish for a couple days sometimes. But, she gobbles this up.
American Journey Chicken
My dogs absolutely love this dogfood. I've used it since they first came out with it. All of mine are various sizes of small dog, and it works for all
I have 2 senior large breed dogs. One was recently diagnosed with diabetes and after a few weeks of trying to regulate her blood sugar without success, the vet suggested we switch to a dog food that is higher in fiber and less fat. So after some research I decided on this brand. The dogs love it and bc it's also supplemented to help with senior joints ,they both seem to feel less stiff. I've only been using it for a little over a week. Looking forward to seeing how well they feel in a few months. I'll write another review once they've been eating it awhile.
I've been alternating between this and the American Journey Healthy Weight Chicken Recipe. My old girl isn't thrilled with any kibble, but she seems to like these recipes at least somewhat more than other dry foods I've fed her. If she spends enough time running around treeing things in the woods she'll come home and chow down on it, which is saying something for her. Used to give her Pedigree before my grandson that's a vet tech educated me on pet food. She seems healthier on American Journey. I wish peas were further down the list of ingredients (or better yet gone entirely) due to their high lectin content/DCM concerns but that's really the only negative thing I can say and I'm probably nitpicking.
good dry food
The size of this kibble is perfect for my almost-toothless greyhound. She has no problem eating it and seems to really love it. She has tummy issues and still won't eat some days, but when she does, she eats it up and is excited at meal time. Good price too compared to other similar ingredient brands.
Still under review
Since needing to switch because of the delay in receiving their original food my four dogs have now been on this new food for about 10 days. My concern is is that my dogs have now become total pooping machines. They poop nonstop it’s not directed they’re formed stools but they poop all the time were prior to switching their food it was twice a day so I’m still contemplating on this is what I really want to switch them to or hope that I can go back to their original brand. Oh my dogs are under 20 pounds they are all seniors 13 to 18 years old so what concerns me about changing food.