American Journey Active Life Formula Senior Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Senior dry dog food helps support healthy aging with real salmon as the first ingredient, plus a blend of targeted nutrients.
- Antioxidant blend helps support normal brain health in senior dogs to encourage cognitive wellness.
- Vitamin A is added to help support healthy vision, plus omega-3 and 6 fatty acids to support skin and coat health.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin from natural sources help support joint health and overall mobility to encourage an active lifestyle.
- Crafted using only nutrient-dense ingredients and never any wheat, corn, soy, chicken or poultry by-product meals, or artificial preservatives, colors or artificial flavors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- American Journey Senior Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- American Journey Healthy Weight Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$52.99Chewy Price$50.34Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Healthy Weight Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb$44.99Chewy Price$42.74Autoship Price
- Country Vet Naturals 24-10 Senior Dog Food, 1-lb bag$3.91Chewy Price$3.99List Price$3.71Autoship Price
- Black Gold Explorer Mature 7+ Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$57.34Chewy Price$54.47Autoship Price
- American Journey Active Life Formula Senior Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Merrick Healthy Grains Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$66.48Autoship Price
- Solid Gold Young At Heart Senior Grain-Free Chicken, Sweet Potato & Spinach Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$62.99Chewy Price$59.84Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Senior Limited Ingredient Chicken, Sweet Potato & Garbanzo Bean Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$64.58Chewy Price$74.99List Price$61.35Autoship Price
- Chicken Soup for the Soul Adult Weight Care Brown Rice, Chicken & Turkey Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.94Chewy Price$52.99List Price$47.44Autoship Price
- Merrick Grain-Free Senior Dry Dog Food Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe, 22-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$66.48Autoship Price
- Now Fresh Grain-Free Large Breed Senior Recipe Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$108.99Chewy Price$103.54Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Salmon, Menhaden Fish Meal (a source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Brown Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal (a source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Brown Rice, Barley...||New: Chicken, Chicken Meal (source of glucosamine and chondroitin), Whole Grain Sorghum...|
|Special Diet||High-Protein, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein, With Grain||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||Non-GMO, Molasses-Free, Natural...|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals...||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals...||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Immune Support||Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals, Hip & Joint Support||Senior Care, Vitamins & Minerals, Immune Support, Skin & Coat Health|
|Breed Size||All Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Salmon, Lamb, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
9 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
51 Customer Reviews
Not a good experience
I bought this because the Purina Pro Plan Senior was out of stock. My rescue dog usually has a steel stomach and can eat just about anything with no consequences. Even with a gradually transition to this new kibble he had explosive and runny stools. Major drop in energy and could tell he was not a happy camper. Gave it a month to adjust to change in kibble with no improvement at all. When his usual ProPlan kibble was available again I switched him back. Immediate improvement in poops and energy
My dog loves this
I've been having a problem with my dog eating everyday. I started giving her fish oil. She loves that. She's 12 yrs old and starting to have older age dog problems. So I started searching for a senior dog food that could help her. I liked all of the reviews for this dog food. I decided to buy it. We just got it yesterday. She ate 2 cups right away. I waited until just now and put another 2 cups in her bowl. She ate more. So far so stomach issues. I am hoping this will help with her licking and biting issues. So far I am very pleased. Thank you.
Life-Changing for our Senior Girl
Our senior Labrador battled for several years with skin allergies, ear infections & stomach upsets. Because she had been on the same food for years before the problems started, our vet (like us) assumed it was environmental. Chewy was out of her food when it was time for our auto ship, so I substituted this. By the end of the first bag I was noticing a difference in her. By the end of the second bag I was astounded by what we were seeing. No more stomach issues, no more itching & no more ear infections! She’s acting 5 years younger.
Our 12 year old red Doberman has always had issues with his skin. We found that a low-glycemic index food was helpful along with some supplements we give to him. This food has been amazing for his skin and costs less than the brand we were feeding. His stools are firm (and I think size-appropriate for the size dog) and doesn't have any issues with gas. He is a healthy old man and really enjoys the taste. He especially likes it with American Journey salmon oil as a topper.
First try at senior food for my 3 GSD, this made them fat!!!!! Exception is the super intense, high energy, DDR/ Czech. Would Not Recommend.
My dog absolutely loves it
My dog who doesn’t really think food is a priority rushes to eat this food with a gusto. Not a piece is left behind. She is also more energetic and seems happier.
Good senior dog food
I was looking for a senior formula with salmon to help my dog with some dry skin and weight gain. She's gotten back to a healthy weight and skin is less irritated. Wish it came in a bigger kibble but not many foods do, so I get it. I like it for what it does provide and she likes it. Will keep using!
I'll be lucky if my dog lives!
I thought maybe switching to a salmon based dog food would be good for my dogs since they are 12. They stopped eating and my little girl has developed liver issues and is so weak I have to hold her up when she stands! I only brought this about two weeks ago. She was an energetic healthy happy strong dog. Now she may die. The only thing different was this food. We switched back to our old brand and my boy gulped it down. She even ate a small amount. I do NOT recommend anyone feed this to their dog.
The best low-chicken senior with-grain food I can find!
My 12 year old doberman has a chicken allergy and a sensitive stomach, so we always try to find food with as few chicken ingredients as possible. This is the ONLY dog food I could find with basically no chicken, formulated for seniors, and includes grains. He's been on this food for a couple years now, and I see a difference with the extra chondroitin and MSM!
No go in this house.
My dog has had salmon based food before, but this one she won't even touch. She avoids her food all together if I just try to even put a little bit in to start the transition. Waste of money for us. My other 2 have no interest in it either. So 0 for 3.