American Journey Grain-Free Limited Ingredient Duck & Pea Recipe Dry Cat Food, 12lb bag
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Crafted for cats with sensitive stomachs with purposefully selected, limited ingredients.
- Single animal protein source is the first ingredient, featuring high-quality, deboned duck.
- Easily digestible carbohydrates and natural sources of fiber to support healthy digestion.
- Omegas to support skin and coat health, antioxidants for immune system support, plus taurine for healthy eyes and heart.
- Only simple ingredients you can recognize, including real duck, peas, sweet potatoes and pumpkin.
- Made without any corn, wheat or soy ingredients. No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets High Protein Chicken Formula Dry Cat Food, 11-lb bag$39.98Chewy Price$37.98Autoship Price
- Taste of the Wild PREY Turkey Formula Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Cat Food, 15-lb bag$47.99Chewy Price$45.59Autoship Price
- DealGo! Solutions SENSITIVITIES Limited Ingredient Duck Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 3-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Indoor Grain-Free Turkey & Chickpea Formula Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$39.98Chewy Price$37.98Autoship Price
- American Journey Duck Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$23.75Chewy Price$22.56Autoship Price
- CANIDAE Grain-Free PURE Limited Ingredient Chicken Recipe Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$34.99Chewy Price$33.24Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Purrfect Bistro Complete Care Grain- Free Sensitive Stomach Recipe Dry Cat Food, 12-lb bag$43.98Chewy Price$41.78Autoship Price
- Taste of the Wild PREY Angus Beef Formula Limited Ingredient Recipe Dry Cat Food, 6-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price$24.69Autoship Price
- American Journey Salmon Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag, bundle of 2$45.14Chewy Price$42.88Autoship Price
- Taste of the Wild Lowland Creek Premium Real Meat Recipe with Roasted Quail & Duck Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Wellness Complete Health Salmon Adult Dry Cat Food, 5-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$18.99List Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Indoor Grain-Free Salmon & Chickpea Formula Dry Cat Food, 10-lb bag$39.98Chewy Price$37.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Duck, Duck Meal, Peas...||Deboned Salmon, Salmon Meal, Peas...||Salmon, Salmon Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Salmon, Salmon Meal, Peas...|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||Sensitive Digestion, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Heart Care, Immune Support||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Heart Care, Immune Support||—||—||—|
|Food Flavor||Duck||Salmon||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
4 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
39 Customer Reviews
Good for cats with food allergies
I was feeding my cat with food allergies Duck and Pea foods but have had a lot of trouble finding them. She has allergic reactions to Natural Balance Duck and Pea. And her old food Performatrin is no longer sold in the USA. She immediately switched to this food with no hesitation and has had no allergic reactions to it. Recommend to try for sure.
My cats love this
My cats are free-fed kibble, with canned food in the evenings. I bought this as it had good ratings on cat food advisor, and so far I've not been disappointed. They love it. My male has stomach issues and litter box aversion. He's been on Natural Balance LID for years, but that's getting hard to find lately, so I went with this. I've had no issues with him using the litter box since he's been on the American Journey. I've also been giving them Friskies shreds. My Mama cat is prone to vomiting, with the Friskies it was frequent. She's yet to upchuck the A Journey pate. I'll continue buying it as long as they continue to enjoy it.
cats seem to like it...
however, and this may not be typical of this product, there are big clumps of kibble that are not formed into bite size kibble that the cats cannot eat. they eat around them or pull them out onto the floor. if it was just a couple it would not be a problem, but there are enough that this bag should not have gotten thru quality control. the kibble maker was obviously malfunctioning. it HAS been good for my cat with digestive issues, so i will try it again.
glad I waited to write a review
The first bag I bought of this I thought I hit the jackpot; cheap, novel protein food that had small pieces that my cat could easily eat (she has no teeth). She loves EVERY food I give her, and I’ve tried a million thanks to her allergies. She ate the first bag happily and I was going to write a great review. But I bought a second bag a few weeks ago and she picks at it/refuses to eat it which is very unlike her. I did notice the pieces are lighter in color and thicker compared to the last bag but didn’t think much of it until she refused to eat it. It’s incredibly annoying that I will now have to find a new food that meets the criteria for her allergies. Don’t recommend.
Three days now and neither cat will eat this stuff. One cat is allergic to chicken and finding cat food that has no chicken is a challenge. The product I usually get is having trouble sourcing their ingredients so I thought I'd give this one a try. Cats are annoyed.
Huge chunks stuck together
I just got this because i was looking for a specific item to be left out of my pets food, this was suggested but it has big chunks all throughout the food bag stuck together and she can't even eat it shes a elderly cat but no cat could eat that stuff. I usually buy the duck reg formula but thought id try this its just bad
Duck Duck Goose
My kitties love this. they are crazy for it. I have two dry foods I use. This is the one they prefer over the chicken. If your kitties like duck this is the one.
so far so good
One of our 3 cats seems to be allergic to chicken. This Duck formula is working better (itching has decreased) and all 3 cats like it, which is a plus. I like that it's grain free.
Cats wont touch it
My usual food was out of stock so I ordered this, my cats usually eat another duck & pea food so I figured it would be the same but they refuse to eat it & they have never been very picky before. Luckily my usual brand is back in stock now!
My Cat Red Lighted This
My cat is indoor/outdoor and goes out less in winter. Essentially, she gets less exercise when it's cold. We love Orijen around here, but it's so expensive. Because of that, I thought I would start a different dry food rotation between seasons: expensive Orijen in warm active months and something less expensive, but still quality, in cold months. As far as cats go, she is one of the least picky eaters. She will eat nearly anything. When I began phasing her into this new dry food (Orijen still mixed in), she was chomping it all up as usual. As it slowly became the dominant food on her plate, she began meticulously picking around it for remaining Orijen bits and any other toppers. I thought it might just take more getting used to, but now she doesn't even try to smell it. It just sits in her bowl, 100% untouched. This is a really weird turn of events. Like I said, she is usually very easy to please with wet/dry food, treats, toppers, etc.