American Journey Limited Ingredient Venison & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This limited ingredient dog food has a single animal protein source, and is also grain-free, so it makes a great option for dogs that may experience itchy skin and have a sensitive stomach.
- Delivering high-quality animal proteins that help maintain lean muscles, this kibble is made with 22% protein and starts with deboned venison as the first ingredient.
- Gives your pup a wholesome meal that provides easily digestible carbohydrates like peas and sweet potatoes, so the carbs can be more easily absorbed by the body.
- Complete and balanced nutrition with no ingredients like corn, wheat, soy, poultry by-product meals or artificial colors, preservatives or flavors.
- Contains nourishing omega fatty acids to nurture your dog’s skin and coat, with omega-3 from flaxseed and omega-6 from sunflower oil.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAmerican Journey Limited Ingredient Turkey & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb$39.14Chewy Price$37.18Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Limited Ingredient Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$41.95Chewy Price$39.85Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Reserve Grain-Free Sweet Potato & Bison Recipe Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$72.98Chewy Price$69.33Autoship Price
- DealNutro Limited Ingredient Diet Sensitive Support with Real Duck & Lentils Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$86.98Chewy Price$82.63Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Lamb & Brown Rice Large Breed Bites Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$41.98Chewy Price$39.88Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Salmon & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$19.93Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Beef & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$62.98Chewy Price$59.83Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Reserve Grain-Free Sweet Potato & Venison Recipe Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$23.98Chewy Price$22.78Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Limited Ingredient Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$43.51Chewy Price$41.33Autoship Price
- DealNatural Balance Limited Ingredient Reserve Duck & Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$72.98Chewy Price$69.33Autoship Price
- DealMerrick Grain-Free Chicken-Free Real Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$51.98Chewy Price$49.38Autoship Price
- DealNutro Limited Ingredient Diet Sensitive Support with Real Salmon & Lentils Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.73Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Venison, Sweet Potatoes, Peas...||Deboned Lamb, Lamb Meal, Peas...||Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Peas...||Deboned Salmon, Salmon Meal, Peas...||Sweet Potatoes, Venison, Potatoes...|
|Special Diet||Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||Limited Ingredient Diet, Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Sensitive Digestion, Limited Ingredient Diet...|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals, Digestive Health||Digestive Health, Vitamins & Minerals|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Venison, Meat||Lamb, Sweet Potato, Meat, Fruits & Vegetables||Turkey, Sweet Potato, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables||Salmon, Sweet Potato, Seafood & Fish, Fruits & Vegetables||Venison, Sweet Potato, Meat, Fruits & Vegetables|
Questions & Answers
24 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
242 Customer Reviews
Pup Loves it!
I recently bought this one to change things up for my pup and he loves it. I like to buy him different flavors and this might be his favorite so far.
She loves this food
Our older girl has sensitivity to chicken and beef which caused a lot of anal sac problems. Once we switched her over to venison and some supplements the problems disappeared. Of course now this food is out of stock every time I try to buy it. Don’t understand what the problem is but I haven’t been able to order it the last 2-3 months. Very disappointed since we finally found something that helps her. I really don’t want to have to switch brands but I’m down to my last 12 lb bag and it’s still “temporarily unavailable” so it I may have to. She loves this food and it’s helped her so much. Please get it back in stock!!
Loves It but often cannot get it
I have a 15 year old chocolate lab who has had stomach issues since he was a puppy. Early on we discovered that he did well on venison as a protein source and seemed to have the best results with grain-free diets. i also have noticed that he will do fine for a while on a particular venison kibble and then suddenly his stools will get loose. Having been on this food for a couple of years now, there have been several periods where this food is out of stock with no reliable information as to when it will be available. Right now is one of those times. Since this is a Chewy brand food, I do not quite understand the lack of reliable information about the situation. After trying 4 different venison LE diets that I could get in small bags, I believe I may have found a good substitute that does not cause loose stools. So the bottom line is, we love the American Journey LE Venison food and highly recommend it but be prepared for out of stock periods where you may need to search for other options.
Dogs will totally eat it.
I've tried a lot of limited ingredient foods over the years. This seems to be one of the most consistent and doesn't seem to come with the "residue" many of the others have at the bottom of the bag. I don't think that impacts quality, honestly, it's just an observation. My dogs do love this food, but beware: compared to the (much more expensive) Go Solutions Venison I had them on previously, feces volume is perhaps double, maybe more. Odd fact, right? But I walk my dogs for all their needs, so I notice. My presumption is that this is a result of lower calorie density (compared to Go) as well as higher fiber (which means they drink and pass more water). All in all, I think it's very similar quality but a much better value even including the extra pickup bags. ;-)
unfortunately this food didn’t work out
My dog started having food sensitivities at 8 yrs. old. He’s been on prescription hydrolyzed protein diets since. Purina worked best for him after trying hills and royal Canin versions, but seems like Purina changed their recipe or the quality has gone downhill because he no longer wants to eat it and I would find weird bone-looking pieces of kibble. I switched him to American Journey hoping the novel protein would be ok for his IBD. Luckily no tummy issues, but as another reviewer stated, the volume of stool he now creates is insane-and not just a little extra. He went from 2-3 poops per day to 6-9 a day. He also doesn’t get excited to eat this food. He walks up to the bowl, sniffs and walks away until he’s really hungry or if his kitty siblings decide they want in on an extra snack. I’m sad to say I’ll have to look for another food. I’d be willing to deal with the extra stool if he loved the food, but he doesn’t.
for sure recommended! with some warts
One of the cheaper limited ingredient venison kibbles available. However, dogs need more of it as it’s packed with cabs and non-essential stuff versus the proteins and nutrients in competitors such as Natural Balance (thus it’s actually on par or marginally more expensive on a consumption basis). The fish protein rubs me the wrong way for a limited ingredient diet… On the positive, my little one doesn’t hate the taste, and he digests it just fine which is the most important considerations for me. You shan’t go wrong with this choice, in the grand scheme
My 2-year-old GSD, Moses, has horrible allergies, scratching, eating his fur in itchy areas, and vomiting. I took him to his vet and suggested a "limited ingredient diet" using venison or bison protein. I found this product and Moses is doing much, better.
venison and sweet potato dry food works
It's a great solution. He eats it and it doesn't seem to make him sick.
Perfect for my picky puppy!
This food is just what I need for my picky pit bull. He’s allergic to everything and venison is one of the few proteins that he tolerates. He’s also ridiculously picky. This is one of the few foods that I don’t have to coax him to eat. He loves it and the cost and some Yakut’s are always excellent!
REALLY like this!
My dog has sensitive skin and is allergic to chicken, so I had to switch him to a limited ingredient diet to avoid his skin breaking out. Really really hoping that it will come back in stock soon!!! PLEASE RESTOCK