American Journey Salmon Recipe Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Wholesome cat kibble with real salmon as the first ingredient for the flavor cats crave and the nutrients they need.
- This high-quality dry cat food is grain-free and designed to fuel your kitty’s everyday adventures with no corn, wheat or soy.
- Manufactured in the USA with carefully selected ingredients from trusted sources around the world.
- Provides solid nutrition with 40% protein, and this formula is made without poultry by-product meal or artificial preservatives.
- Contains essential amino acids like taurine for heart and eye health, plus antioxidants to support the immune system, and omega fatty acids for skin and coat health.
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
1014 Customer Reviews
Low fat, non-chicken option
One of my cats has had frequent pancreatitis even though he was on the prescription food and received nothing extra. I found American Journey because it is one of the very few Cats foods that is NOT chicken based AND is less fat than the very expensive prescription diet he was on. A lot of reviews said their cats would not eat this but my cats have had no issues with it. My pancreatitis cat has gone from vomiting 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times a week and his scratching is gone. The food may not be a complete answer for me but it has helped so much.
Great cat food
My cats have been getting Whole Earth Farms dry cat food for years, but I found out it was discontinued earlier this summer and couldn’t find it anywhere. I wanted another grain free, basic but high quality made in the USA dry cat food for them and found American Journey. They love it! The resealable bag is very convenient, too.
Poultry free cat food
Our cat had a horrible itchy rash on his face. The vet said we needed to try chicken-free food. It is hard to find, and some labels were misleading. Switching to this has kept out cat from needing monthly steroid shots!
Our cat was diagnosed with an allergy to chicken. She is eating this food and has been free of rash. So few cat foods are chicken free. We're delighted to find this one!
my cats love it
I have had my cat’s on this food all year and they love it, but this last time, I noticed when i dumped bag in container it had an awful smell, well after 10 days now, i can’t stand to open lid it stinks so bad, worse than wet cat food.
Finding chicken/poultry free food is tough. Finding one my cat likes is also difficult. But he loves this! The food is pretty small, which was different from the previous food and he did well adjusting. His brother started smelling the dish with jealousy. His brother who is a very classic picky eater also likes it! He doesn't like any type of treat, so I actually use this for treats and he will do anything for some!
Cat used to like this food
I have bought this food for a year but last bag I purchased he refused to eat it. I don’t know if formula changed or my cat is picky.
Hated by my cats
I have never seen my cats pick around a dry food before. They hated this and would not eat it. I mix grain-free with other all the time.
Cat loves American Journey
My 12 year old is so picky but loves American Journey foods! Have yet to find one she doesn't like.
My cat refused to eat this food.
I had great hopes for this food. I did some research and this was listed as very good food for cats unfortunately my boy has totally refused to eat it even after 2 or 3 days. It may have been the variety. I wish that Chewy would let you buy small samples before buying a big sack only to find out that your picky cat won't eat it.