Amitriptyline HCl (Generic) Tablets
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
Amitriptyline HCl is a tricyclic antidepressant. This medication is prescribed to help pets manage anxiety disorders including separation anxiety and fear of loud noises. When used with other medications, Amitriptyline HCl may also help with some behavioral problems, including managing self-destructive behavior and itching. Customers may receive this uncoated tablet under the names Elavil.
Proudly sourced directly from the manufacturer or their approved distributor. Guaranteed genuine and backed by the manufacturer.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Rilexine (Cephalexin) Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 600-mg, 1 tablet$1.37Chewy Price$1.30Autoship Price
- Fluconazole (Generic) Tablets, 50-mg, 1 tablet$1.20Chewy Price$1.14Autoship Price
- Enrofloxacin Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 175-mg, 1 Capsule$1.39Chewy Price$1.32Autoship Price
- Fluconazole Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 450-mg, 1 Capsule$0.96Chewy Price$0.91Autoship Price
- Temaril-P Tablets for Dogs, 1 tablet$1.02Chewy Price$0.97Autoship Price
- Clavamox (Amoxicillin / Clavulanate Potassium) Chewable Tablets for Dogs & Cats, 125-mg, 1 tablet$1.27Chewy Price$1.21Autoship Price
- Budesonide Compounded Capsule for Dogs & Cats, 1.5-mg, 1 Capsule$0.91Chewy Price$0.86Autoship Price
- Clavacillin (amoxicillin trihydrate/clavulanate potassium) Tablets for Dogs & Cats, 250-mg, 1 tablet$1.43Chewy Price$1.36Autoship Price
- Proin Extended-Release Tablets for Dogs, 74-mg, 1 tablet$1.14Chewy Price$1.18List Price
- Cyclosporine (Generic) Modified Capsules for Dogs, 25-mg, 1 capsule$0.99Chewy Price$0.94Autoship Price
ReviewsWrite a Review
1 Customer Reviews
I have two special needs cats (one with severe colitis flareups and one with megacolon and chronic dermatitis) and this medication helps immensely with their temperament. Both cats were gotten as rescues around age 5 y/o and both had fairly traumatic backstories. Before being on medication for anxiety, both had behavioral issues. This is a prescription drug so you will need to ask your vet if it's something that would help your cat (not sure if other critters can take this). I'm writing this review mostly to help people that already have had this prescribed at the vet and are wondering if the quality is the same as what they get from the vet. It is the exact same medication that I had been getting from my vet so I'm guessing it's just the one manufacturer. I do have one thing to say regarding this particular pill. They come in 10mg tablets but my cats take 5mg so I need to cut them in half. The pills do cut cleanly but it would be helpful if the company that produces them would add a scoring mark for the 1/2 way point. I put the pill halves in empty gel capsules because they are tiny-tiny and I want to make sure they actually get the medication and not spit it out. I'm guessing the taste of these is bad because I can't trick the cats into eating them in treats or mixed with food.