Andover Healthcare PetFlex Bitter No Chew Dog, Cat & Small Animal Bandage
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Treated with a bitterant that’s safe for pets and people but is designed to leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth of pets.
- Premium, self-adhering cohesive bandage is made using woven fabric base material, linear elastic yarns and high-quality latex cohesive.
- Features a tensile strength of 15 pounds, so it’s resistant to abrasion and shredding; won’t stick to skin or fur, and it tears straight and clean by hand.
- Linear elastic yarns deliver consistent compression without constricting, moving or falling off over time.
- Made in the USA; each roll is 5-yards long and is available in both 2-inch and 4-inch widths.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Andover Healthcare PetFlex Dog, Cat & Small Animal Bandage, Light Blue, 2-in$1.79Chewy Price$1.70Autoship Price
- Vet Worthy Self-Adhering Wrap for Dogs, Paw Print$2.99Chewy Price$3.74List Price
- Alfie Pet Zumi Soft Edge Velcro Closure Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Red, Small$17.99Chewy Price$22.99List Price
- DealZenPet ZenCone Soft Recovery Dog & Cat Collar, Small$14.99Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- Suitical Recovery Sleeve for Dogs, Black, Large$35.00Chewy Price$40.95List Price
- Andover Healthcare PetFlex Paw Print Dog, Cat & Small Animal Bandage, Blue Paws$1.61Chewy Price$1.79List Price$1.53Autoship Price
- DealComfy Cone E-Collar for Dogs & Cats, Tan, Medium$26.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- PawFlex Basic Disposable Dog Bandage, Small, 12 count$23.85Chewy Price
- Major Darling Paw Salve for Dogs$21.00Chewy Price
- GNC Pet Wellness Advanced Hydrocortisone Dog & Cat Spray, 4-oz bottle$8.72Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- Momma Knows Best Styptic Powder for Dogs, Cats, & Small Pets, 0.7-oz$14.79Chewy Price
- International Veterinary Sciences Hot Spot Comfort Dog & Cat Gel, 2-oz bottle$18.99Chewy Price$18.04Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Extra Small Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds...||Large Breeds, Medium Breeds, Small Breeds...|
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||—||—|
|Health Feature||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid||First Aid|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||—||—||Water, Vp/Dimethiconylacrylate/Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester and Vp/Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Sodium Benzoate (as A Preservative)...|
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
206 Customer Reviews
would not buy again
Our dog chewed the bandage off. We wrapped his foot and leg and before morning he had it off. It was well wrapped and yet, our dog managed to remove it. Tried a different brand, it is working well.
My dog recently had surgery but was having a really hard time dealing with the cone. Traditional bandages wouldn’t work for him because seconds later he would have licked/chewed it to the point where I had to remove it and rewrap. He doesn’t touch this bandage!! First time I used it he went to try and lick it, immediately made a funny face and took a good sniff. So far, this has really worked for us!
More than one use....
My kitty was chewing on ALL of my computer cords in my office! This is bright but I don't care. I wrapped the exposed cords & cables with this tape and NO MORE CHEW! :-) It's very economical as well.
I had high hopes…
I had high hopes for this. My pit seemed to have a hot/licking spot he wouldn’t leave alone. Unfortunately he took this as a welcome treat like the fatty he is. Maybe just not good for a baby like him
Not for us
I got home and my dog began to chew through the bandage so unfortunately, the bitterness did not deter him. I also don’t feel as though it’s water-resistant. He has a tumor that is infected (currently being treated) and it oozes through the bandage. I will say it does stick to itself and it does easily tear so it isn’t a total fail. It hasn’t worked for our extreme needs but it may work for something that requires less maintenance.
These wraps are very effective for stopping chewing on bandages. My dogs front leg needed wrapping. I covered it with this. She took one small bite thinking she was going to gnaw off that bandage. She gave me such an accusatory look it made me laugh. She has not touched it since. Anything I cover with this she does not touch. Excellent product to add to pet medical supply box.
Waste of time
Actually it’s a waste of time and money. I don’t know if the product is old, or was manufactured at the wrong temperature, or is just bad. Either way you cannot start peeling it off anywhere. I had to cut substantial amounts off of each roll just to get it started. It adheres like it should but it’s not a lick deterrent. I wasn’t fast enough to get a picture of my Great Dane sitting on the couch with a big wad of it in his mouth. I’m a nurse and I use Coban all the time and if this stuff was half as good as Coban, I’d say buy it. Unfortunately it’s nothing even close, so save your money. I picked up a different product at PetSense and it worked just fine. It was more expensive, but at least it worked. I’m really shocked that Chewy hasn’t pulled it, but they should.
Don't Understand question.
Haven't tried it yet but will let you know. I gave it 4 stars in anticipation of success.
This did not stop my puppy. It didn't even slow him down. He actually liked it and thought it was fun trying to tear it off.
My dogs didn't seem to have any issues with the taste - one ripped this off and then both chewed/swallowed. Would not recommend.