AniMed 3in1 BugLyte Horse Supplement
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- A non-toxic insect deterrent that contains garlic and thiamine to help ward off pests like flies and mosquitoes
- Not only does this natural formula keep bugs away, it also contains Yea-Sacc 1026 to support your horse’s digestion and gastrointestinal health
- This formula also contains DeOdorase to help reduce the smell of manure that can attract pests to your horse in the first place
- Simply add the gentle alternative to bug sprays to your horse’s daily feed and you should begin to see results in about two weeks
- Contains both Garlic and Thiamine – known as a powerful way to keep pests like flies and mosquitoes away
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Absorbine Bute-Less Comfort & Recovery Cherry Flavor Pellets Horse Supplement, 5-lb tub$42.99Chewy Price$62.69List Price$40.84Autoship Price
- Uckele CocoSoya Fatty Acid Formula Liquid Horse Supplement, 1-gal bottle$20.95Chewy Price$25.95List Price$19.90Autoship Price
- Ecovet Fly Repellent Horse Spray, 18-oz bottle$19.95Chewy Price
- Cox Vet Lab Acti-Flex Joint Liquid Horse Supplement, 1-qt bottle$25.99Chewy Price$38.60List Price$24.69Autoship Price
- Tribute Equine Nutrition Constant Comfort Plus Gut Health Horse Supplement, 40-lbs bag$44.95Chewy Price$54.99List Price$42.70Autoship Price
- Tribute Equine Nutrition Constant Comfort Gastric Health Horse Supplement, 15-lbs block$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Farnam Tri-Tec 14 Fly Repellent for Horses, 32-oz spray bottle$28.24Chewy Price$34.99List Price$26.83Autoship Price
- Absorbine Ultrashield Red Insecticide & Repellent Horse Spray Refill, 1-gal bottle$57.99Chewy Price$79.69List Price$55.09Autoship Price
- Farnam SandClear Natural Psyllium Fiber Crumbles Apple/Molasses Flavor Horse Supplement, 10-lb bucket$75.99Chewy Price$82.99List Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Buckeye Nutrition Ultimate Recovery Extruded Performance Pellets Horse Supplement, 30-lb bag$60.99Chewy Price$57.94Autoship Price
- Kentucky Equine Research All-Phase Low-Starch Ration Balancer Pellet Horse Supplement, 44-lb bag$39.00Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- Absorbine Ultrashield Green Natural Fly Repellent Horse Spray Refill, 1-gal bottle$64.59Chewy Price$88.79List Price$61.36Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Brewers Yeast, Diatonaceous Earth, Garlic...||Corn Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Wheat Middlings, Salt...||Dehydrated Seaweed Meals, Flax, Yeast Culture...||Dl-Alpha-Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E).||Brewers Dried Yeast|
|Health Feature||Itch & Redness Remedy, Pest Control||Pest Control||Vitamins & Minerals||Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals||N/A|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
33 Customer Reviews
waiting to see
Seems to be working, but it's not fly season yet. Took her a bit to get used to the smell.
Makes a difference
We live in Florida. In the rainy summers the mosquitoes will carry you away. I went out to the barn one evening and noticed that other horses in the pasture where I board looked like they had a blanket of mosquitoes! Mine only had a few on them. The only difference was that I was feeding BugLyte. It only takes a tiny bit to see a difference in the mosquitoes. I can’t say it helps with flies or horse flies as I haven’t seen a difference in the amount that pester my ponies but I will continue to use it for mosquitoes!
It works but
You have to feed it twice a day making this a very expensive option. I discovered that a zebra striped day sheet works even better.
Horses won't eat it
I started with less than a quarter of the recommended dose and they still won't eat it. I can't use sweet feed because of diet restrictions. If I could add something like molasses it might disguise the smell or taste but that is not an option for me.
This stuff really works!
I noticed a huge difference this past summer when I put my horses on Buglyte. In previous years I used the sprays and the fly predators. I love the natural approach, but it just became too expensive. So I thought I’d give this product a try. What a reward! Literally only had 1 tick on each horse all year! It’s been amazing! I bought a friend a bucket for his birthday. (We both know the benefits of garlic, a key ingredient, and I liked the added gut support, too.) My friend is as happy with Buglyte as I am! In fact, he said he has never seen his minis so active and healthy as they are now on this product, and he has become a Chewy Customer, too! Also, many thanks for the great prices because we have to save wherever we can!
Tested by chance
IT WORKS!! We give this to our 3 equine and I believed it made a big difference but honestly it is hard to tell when comparing to prior years. We start it early and have given it for years now. Then last year we kept my moms horse while she was out of town. Her horse was not on it and the flies seemed to come from nowhere and swarmed around her while leaving ours alone. I felt bad for her but it wasn’t intentional. We combine this with the feed through type and have a few fans. Flies are NOT a problem. We do have some to deal with but most move on to a different farm. We also two fatties in a dry lot which make manure management more challenging. And, the horses love the taste. The burrow is just ok with it but he is picky.
Works for ticks!
I started my mare on this supplement in the spring, but I didn’t notice a huge difference with the number of flies on her throughout the summer. I took her off the supplement in September when it started to cool down, and within a month she’s COVERED in ticks. I didn’t find a tick on her all summer while she was on the supplement. Coincidence? I think not.
Does not work
I was so hopeful for this product based on reviews. Unfortunately, this product did not work for my horse. I gave it a good try too. The directions say twice a day for 21 days. I did twice a day for THREE TUBS worth of product. Absolutely no relief for my horse.
Ive been using this for about 30 days now and it works great! Absolutely recommend! My two gals are fly and gnat free! It’s so nice to see them grazing and not be all over the place because of flys!
I have had my horses on this for 9 days and I already see improvements. No flies landing on them, no tails swishing and no feet stomping! This is awesome! Of the 5 horses I gave it to, only one (my suspicious full size Appy) didn't like the taste initially but is now eating it. Start with 1/2 the recommended initial dose and gradually increase for picky eaters. Ironically, my 4 miniature horses gobble this stuff up like it's candy. They love it. I have one that takes forever to eat his grain usually, but now he is done when everyone else is. Great side benefit! Just bought a 10 lb container of this as the 1.5lb is almost gone. I am feeding out about the equivalent of what you might feed 2-3 full size horses with the 4 minis. I have not used fly spray for several days, haven't needed it!