API Ammonia Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Test Kit, 130 count
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Ammonia liquid testing kit accurately tests the ammonia level in freshwater and saltwater tanks.
- Uses an easy-to-read color chart and clear instructions to determine if your levels are too high.
- Tests ammonia levels from 0 to 8 ppm and includes 130 tests for regular testing.
- Simply combine drops of aquarium water and the tester solution in the included glass tube.
- Ammonia is the number one killer of tropical fish, so testing is an essential part of your routine.
Help protect your fish and neutralize ammonia with API's Ammo-Lock Detoxifier.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealAPI Pond Accu-Clear Clarifier, 64-oz bottle$45.98Chewy Price$64.48List Price$43.68Autoship Price
- DealAqueon Shrimp Essentials Shrimp & Crayfish Freshwater Aquarium Trace Minerals, 4-oz bottle$3.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price$3.79Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift PL Pond & Lagoon Bacteria Water Treatment, 32-oz bottle$25.19Chewy Price$27.95List Price$23.93Autoship Price
- DealAPI Pond Stress Coat Water Conditioner, 32-oz bottle$25.98Chewy Price$36.48List Price$24.68Autoship Price
- Aqueon Shrimp Tank Plus Freshwater Aquarium Water Conditioner, 4-oz bottle$2.93Chewy Price$9.99List Price$2.78Autoship Price
- DealTetra WaterClarifier Cloudy Water Clarifier, 3.38-oz bottle$4.09Chewy Price$3.89Autoship Price
- Aqueon Aquarium Water Clarifier, 16-oz bottle$8.38Chewy Price$13.99List Price$7.96Autoship Price
- DealAPI GH & KH General & Carbonate Hardness Freshwater Aquarium Test Kit$11.99Chewy Price$16.78List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- DealAPI Pond Algaefix Algae Control Solution, 2.5-gal bottle$139.98Chewy Price$195.98List Price$132.98Autoship Price
- DealAPI Pond Chlorine & Heavy Metal Neutralizer, 16-oz bottle$14.98Chewy Price$20.98List Price$14.23Autoship Price
- Microbe-Lift Special Blend Salt & Fresh Water Eco System in a Bottle, 8.5-oz bottle$12.96Chewy Price$12.31Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Discus, Marine Invertebrate, Goldfish, Bottom Feeder||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid...||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Betta...||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish, Betta...|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater, Pond||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
3 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
14 Customer Reviews
API PRODUCTS ARE VERY DEPENDABLE
My husband keeps up on our 55 gallon tank cleaning it diligently every week and keeping up with all the chemicals in the water. He has the full test kit but when he starts to run low of one of the test liquids I put in a order. He likes all the API products. They seem to be more dependable.
Before adding fish..
Checking Ammonia level is critical after new set-up .. or any major changes. Overfeeding is standard when introducing fish etc. to new tank. Ammonia level can spike overnight. Have used this for as long as they have been making it.. it seems. Been keeping live-bearers since late '70's.
Would buy again
I bought the complete test kit and needed to refill the ammonia test liquid. As far as I know this is very accurate and if you are new to the hobby you should buy the complete test kit. Worth every penny.
Thanks for the quick help
First of all this is a terrific company I have used for kitty supplies for a long time. I recently set up an aquarium and had a minor crisis. Without leaving my house I was able to quickly identify and correct the problem. On my porch the next day and solved the problem.
Probably the most important test kit
There are many pond test kits but the ammonia level is your first cue something is wrong and you need to pay attention to your pond
Simply to use
The instructions for use is easy to read and understand and are in multiple different languages. The color chart is eady to understand. The water color that is being tested in the tube, after test solutions added, are clear and sharply obvious colors so easy to match to color chart to determine the levels.
Easy to use
Have used this product for years, seems to be accurate.
Testing for ammonia
I like the tabs better it's a little easier and mixing the two bottles
Liquid tests are key
I’ve been using this product for over 10 years. Dip strips are just NOT the same. The liquid test is more precise, more accurate and easier to read, in my opinion. Also, very important, if you don’t have a bunch of tanks, it’s very important to rebuy before the expiration - you may not go through the whole bottle before then if you have just a single 10 gallon tank.
This test kit is easy to use and accurate.
Ammonia is one of the worst things to have in an aquarium. There is no way of knowing whether your aquarium has it without testing for it-sick or dying fish can be due to other causes. This test will quickly and easily let you know whether your tank does have ammonia.