Measure the most important reef aquarium levels including calcium, carbonate hardness, phosphate and nitrate with API's Reef Aquarium Master Test Kit. Proper balance is key to the overall health of reef inhabitants. Corals and reef invertebrates like shrimp, crabs and encrusting algae require calcium to grow and proper levels of carbonate hardness to prevent harmful fluctuations in pH. Excess phosphate, which comes from fish waste, uneaten food and other decaying organic matter as well as tap water, can cause algae blooms and affect healthy growth of hard corals. High nitrate levels from fish waste and organic compounds can cause fish disease and algae blooms. This API test kit comes with four different tests that are specifically calibrated to measure these levels in reef aquariums. Just fill the test tubes, add the test drops and compare results to the color card. Then follow the recommendations on the card if needed.
- Measures calcium, carbonate hardness, phosphate and nitrate.
- Comes with 4 different tests calibrated specifically for reef aquariums, 4 test tubes, a tray and easy-to-read color card for clear results.
- Helps protect reef dwellers from dangerous water conditions.
- High nitrate levels from fish waste and organic compounds can cause fish disease and algae blooms.
- Easy to use—fill the test tubes, add the test drops and compare results to the color card.
(4) glass test tubes with snap-tight caps, convenient holding tray, step-by-step instruction booklet with computer calibrated color chart.
Test your aquarium's water with API's replacement test tubes.
Help keep your aquarium in tip-top shape with API's filtration pouches like Nitra-Zorb and Phos-Zorb.
See all items by API