API Tap Water Conditioner
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
About This Item
- Helps to remove chlorine, chloramines and detoxifies heavy metals.
- Super concentrated, so you will only need one 1 ml to treat gallons.
- Safe for all aquatic and can be used in both fresh and salt water.
- Use during aquarium set up, water changes and adding fish.
- Tap water must be treated before adding fish to make sure they remain healthy.
- 8-oz bottle treats up to 4730 gallons.
- 16-oz bottle treats up to 9460 gallons.
- 1-gal treats up to 76000 gallons.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||N/A||Sodium Thiosulfate, Disodium Edta, Sodium Carbonate...||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Cichlid, Betta...||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
29 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
56 Customer Reviews
No way to test Tap water conditioner.
I purchased this because my daughter says that it is suppose to work. We have city water and all of the cocktails of chemicals. I have no way of knowing if it works because I don’t have a test kit to determine.
Does the job
I have been using API Tap Water Conditioner for years and have never had a problem. It does everything the more expensive water conditioners do, but at a fraction of the cost. Spend money on the fish you want and not water conditioners.
Api good stuff
I've been using api products for years test kits water treatments and medications never have I had a problem.
Works as intended
Works great ! Usually I add more than intended as my state adds ammonia to the tap water, but since this is super strength formula, I don’t ! Recommend this if your state does the same ! It wastes less product !
must condition tap water
You need a water conditioner to remove chemicals from your tap water if you keep tropical fish or gold fish.
Good price for the amount you get. Arrived quickly. Only concern is that Chewy's instructions for dosing is different from what's on the label.
Good product. I will buy again. Better deal on Chewy than the store :)
Fast shipping/best prices
Great product to do any type of water change. On a side note, I enjoy giving chewy my business because they have the best prices, shipping is fast, and customer service is A+
Water for plants
I use it to prep tap water for use on all my indoor plants, especially the jewel orchids. Previously used the API heavy metal neutralizer for my small fish pond with plants. Same effect, may the same product? Either way, both seem to work well, fish and plant are thriving.
Love this water conditioner, it's lasts a long time and is very inexpensive.