Terms & Conditions Page for the Chewy Costume Party
Chewy Costume Party Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The contest may only be entered in or from the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the contest if you are not located within the 48 Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia.
- How to Enter.
To enter the Chewy Costume Party, during the Costume Party period, Oct. 1 – Oct. 28, share a photo on social media of your pet in a pet costume, tag @Chewy, and use the hashtags, #ChewyCostumeParty.
You can find more details about the Chewy Costume Party on Chewy’s social media platforms (e.g., Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Chewy/), Twitter (@Chewy), Instagram (@Chewy), and TikTok (@chewy)) (each a “Social Media Platform") and follow the steps outlined. All posts will be referred to herein each as a "Submission." All Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below.
If you choose to enter using your mobile device, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by your wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to entrant's Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties included in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be included in the Submission in accordance with these Official Rules. Chewy reserves the right to request releases from any third parties included in any Submissions at any time. Failure to produce third party releases upon Chewy's request may result in disqualification, as determined by Chewy is its sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Chewy a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Entrants may submit multiple Photo Submissions on different Social Media Platforms, though will only be counted as one pet entrant. All terms and conditions of the applicable Social Media Platform (e.g., Facebook.com, Twitter.com and/or Instagram.com) apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Media Platform account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Social Media Platform accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Social Media Platform account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register on the platform will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Chewy and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Chewy is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Chewy. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Contest Entry Start/End Dates. Contest begins on Oct. 1, 2022 and ends on Oct.28, 2022.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of residence. Void outside of the 48 Contiguous United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Chewy, Inc. and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers, or manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials are not eligible to enter or win. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 48 Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that entrant's Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Chewy, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant or Submission from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant's Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be primarily in English.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not disparage Chewy or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Chewy and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant's Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Chewy arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Chewy’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Winner selection. Two (2) winners (Grand Prize & Runner Up) will be selected based on their creative use of Chewy Assortment and Chewy Halloween Shop Assortment, from all eligible entries received on or about one (1) to two (2) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest Period. The winner will be selected by the Chewy Marketing team, which includes Kyle Harty, Danielle Wasserman, and Lisa-Mari Curti. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Grand PRIZE: There will be one (1) Prize (“Prize”) awarded. The prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a trip for Winner and up to one (1) Guest (“Guest”) to the Winner’s choice of either (a) Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida (the “UO Trip”); or (b) Universal Studios Hollywood in Hollywood, California (the “USH Trip”).
- If the UO Trip is chosen, Prize will include round trip economy class air transportation from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL*; three (3) nights’ standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort or at another Universal Orlando Resort hotel (as determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL*; 3-Park 3-Day Park-to-Park tickets for admission to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park for Winner and up to one (1) Guest; and one (1) Three Hundred Dollar ($300) stipend in the form of a check or gift card to cover the cost of a pet sitter for duration of the trip. The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of the UO Trip is Three Thousand Sixty-seven and 53/100 Dollars ($3,067.53).
- If the USH Trip is chosen, Prize will include round trip economy class air transportation from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Universal Studios Hollywood in their sole discretion) to Los Angeles, CA**; two (2) nights’ standard hotel accommodation (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at Sheraton Universal Hotel (or at another nearby hotel as determined by Universal Studios Hollywood in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Los Angeles, CA**; two (2) days general admission tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood for Winner and up to one (1) Guest; and one (1) Three Hundred Dollar ($300) stipend in the form of a check or gift card to cover the cost of a pet sitter for duration of the trip. The Fair Market Value (“FMV”) of the USH Trip is Three Thousand Three Hundred Thirty and 00/100 Dollars ($3,330.00).
Trip must be completed by October 31, 2023 or Prize will be forfeited. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Travel dates are subject to Universal and Sponsor approval. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner only and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the hotel. Unless child or ward of Winner, Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. FMV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated FMV and final FMV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guests are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Universal.
In connection with any visit to Universal Orlando Resort and/or Universal Studios Hollywood, please be advised that Universal’s policies, CDC guidelines, and the recommendations of health officials must be followed. In addition, guests should be aware of and comply with government guidelines regarding travel restrictions and mandatory quarantines before visiting any Universal destination. Please note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19, and Universal cannot guarantee that any person will not be exposed during a visit.
* For a winner who is a Florida resident and selects the UO Trip, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Universal Orlando in its sole discretion.
** For a winner who is a California resident and selects the USH Trip, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Universal Studios Hollywood in its sole discretion.
All parts of the prize selected are subject to availability and blackout dates, and subject to change without written notice or warning. Should an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities, epidemics, pandemics and the spread of infectious diseases, including without limitation COVID-19 (as defined by the World Health Organization and any of the strains, variants or mutations thereof), and any related governmental or judicial actions taken in connection with, or as a response to, any such event, or any other event beyond the reasonable control of a party, whether or not existing, known, foreseen or foreseeable at the time this promotion occurs, render the redemption or fulfilment of some or all of the prize delayed, hindered, adversely affected, impracticable, or impossible, Universal in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to evaluate and make modifications to the redemption and fulfilment processes and timelines for any prize or portion of the prize that Universal is responsible for, which may include but is not limited to providing additional time for redemption and/ or fulfilment. Should the prize become unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
Prize Providers. Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”) and Universal City Studios, LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood (“Universal Studios Hollywood”) (collectively referred to herein as “Universal”) are prize providers only in this promotion; are not sponsors of this promotion; and are not responsible for the administration of the promotion, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. All disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the UO Tripitself (“UO Trip Prize Claims”) shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, Florida; and all disputes arising out of or relating to any person’s use of, or participation in, the Universal Studios Hollywood Prize itself (“USH Trip Prize Claims”) shall be fully and finally adjudicated by binding arbitration to the fullest extent allowed by law ( an “Arbitration”) in Los Angeles, California. The Arbitration shall be administered by JAMS in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedure of JAMS (available at https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/) or subsequent versions thereof, including the optional appeal procedure.
Runner Up Prize: The runner-up prize package includes a $100 value Chewy eGift Card and $1,000 in donated products and goods to a Shelter or Rescue of the winner’s choice.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions.
- Notification. The winner will be notified approximately one (1) to two (2) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest Period and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or rights transfer document within five (5) calendar days of receipt. Additionally, potential winner(s) may be required to obtain releases from any and all third parties appearing in their respective Submissions. [If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her/their parent or legal guardian].
Potential winner(s) will be notified by a comment and/or reply on potential winner(s)' Submission or via a direct message from Chewy (note: in order to receive such direct message, potential winner(s) may need to be following Chewy on the Social Media Platform and may have to have his/her privacy settings set to public).
If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her/their prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate (time-permitting). Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS CHEWY, THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (I.E, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, TIKTOK AND/OR INSTAGRAM), AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASED ENTITIES"), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner's permission for Chewy to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the CONTEST or Chewy for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
- Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Chewy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, Contest or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Chewy may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Chewy. Chewy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Chewy may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Chewy representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CHEWY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST AND/OR THE CONTEST ITSELF AND/OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Excluding UO Trip Prize Claims and USH Trip Prize Claims, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to New York County in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Name of Winner/List of Winners. To obtain the name(s) of winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than four (4) weeks after the conclusion of the Contest Period to: Chewy, Inc. 7700 W Sunrise Blvd in Plantation, Florida Att: Marketing Department.
- Sponsor. Chewy, Inc., 7700 W Sunrise Blvd in Plantation, Florida.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, INCLUDING FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR TIKTOK.