The Chewy Team Member Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. To enter the Chewy Team Member Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), Eligible Employees (defined below in Section 3) who are employed at an Eligible Fulfillment Center (defined below in Section 3) will receive one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes after working 160 hours at an Eligible Fulfillment Center during the Sweepstakes Period (each an “Initial Entry”). If an Eligible Employee works 160 hours in multiple Eligible Fulfillment Centers during the Sweepstakes Period, the Eligible Employee will receive one (1) Initial Entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Initial Entry per person/email address.
Eligible Employees can earn additional entries (each an “Additional Entry”) by referring full-time and part-time employees who satisfy the Eligible Employee requirements set forth in Section 3 (each a “Referred Employee”) to Eligible Fulfillment Centers if the Referred Employee becomes an employee and remains employed for at least 80 hours (each an “Eligible Referral”) during the Sweepstakes Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Upon the Referred Employee being employed for 80 hours in accordance with these Official Rules, the Eligible Employee will receive one (1) Additional Entry for that Eligible Referral. Limit one (1) Additional Entry for each Eligible Referral made during the Sweepstakes Period. However, there is no limit on the number of Additional Entries an Eligible Employee can earn for referrals. All Eligible Referrals must be made during the Sweepstakes Period and Additional Entries will only be awarded if the Referred Employee is employed 80 hours at an Eligible Fulfillment Center during the Sweepstakes Period.
Initial Entries and Additional Entries will be referred to herein collectively as “entries.” All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted.
2. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes period begins on June 13, 2021 and ends on September 18, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to Eligible Employees, who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are employed at an eligible Chewy.com fulfillment center listed on Exhibit A (each an “Eligible Fulfillment Center”) during the Sweepstakes Period. “Eligible Employees” are defined as current full-time or part-time employees of an Eligible Fulfillment Center and are non-exempt employees of the facility (e.g., non-exempt Fulfillment Specialist and Fork Lift Operators, Team Members in Inbound, Outbound, Inventory Control, Replenishment, Customer Returns Departments, Pharmacy Technicians, and non-exempt Support Team Members C01-C03 not including pharmacists) and have worked 160 hours at an Eligible Fulfillment Center during the Sweepstakes Period. The definition of “Eligible Employees” does not include senior exempt leaders or members of support teams not located at the Eligible Fulfillment Center (e.g., IT, HR, Safety, Facilities Teams), non-exempt C01-C03 pharmacists, members of the HR and staffing and recruiting teams or temporary employees, freelancers and/or independent contractors.
Employees who are no longer employed by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period or at the awarding of prize (if applicable) are no longer eligible for the Sweepstakes. Winner must be an active employee of an Eligible Fulfillment Center (i.e., including, but not limited to, employees on approved leaves of absence) at the time of prize award. Verification of employment and/or the status for Eligible Employees and Referred Employees will be reviewed by Sponsor, and any decision related to eligibility will be at its sole discretion. Not all referrals will be guaranteed to be hired and all decisions with respect to hiring are within Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. The number of Grand Prizes awarded for each Eligible Fulfillment Center is set forth in Exhibit A. The Pharmacy Network will have one (1) Grand Prize awarded from amongst all Eligible Fulfillment Centers. The Winner or Winners (if applicable) for each Eligible Fulfillment Center will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received for each Eligible Fulfilment Center on or about the week of September 18, 2021. Random drawings may take place at the Eligible Fulfillment Center or at another location determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the random drawing takes place at the Eligible Fulfillment Center, winners do not need to be present in order to win. All winners must be active employees of the Eligible Fulfillment Center and satisfy the eligibility requirements of these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Grand Prizes. Each winner will receive a new Volkswagen USA mid-sized SUV (Tiguan) (“Vehicle Prize”). Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is between $30,000-$32,000 and includes Vehicle purchase price, tax, title, tags, fees and registration (actual MSRP of the Vehicle is $26,000).
VEHICLE PRIZE DISCLOSURE: WINNER OF VEHICLE PRIZE MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE, AUTO INSURANCE AND MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED HEREIN, WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REGISTRATION, AND LICENSE FEES, INSURANCE AND ALL OTHER COSTS, EXPENSES, AND APPLICABLE LAWS ASSOCIATED WITH VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND ALL ASSOCIATED LAWS HEREWITH. WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TRAVEL TRANSPORTATION COSTS FOR COLLECTING PRIZE AT THE DEALERSHIP OR FULFILLMENT CENTER, AS WELL AS ANY DEALER PREP, EMISSIONS INSPECTION, GASOLINE, VEHICLE MAINTENANCE, AND ANY OTHER COSTS INCURRED IN CLAIMING, REGISTERING, OR USING THE GRAND PRIZE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY COSTS INCURRED IN BRINGING THE VEHICLE TO THE WINNER’S HOME. Winner must pick up his/her vehicle at a dealership near his/her residence or at the fulfilment center, as determined by Sponsor or its agents in their sole discretion. Vehicle will only be released upon proof of valid driver’s license currently in force and satisfactory proof of insurance. Grand Prize may look different than model shown at Eligible Fulfillment Center as such model may only be shown for promotional purposes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Model and trim of Vehicle may change due to availability and/or for other reasons based on Sponsor’s discretion. Accessories and options may vary, interior/exterior color (subject to availability). Accessories are subject to change without notice. Sponsor reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring any obligations. Winner is not eligible for any cash back or rebate which may be available on the vehicle at time of delivery. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Winners. All Grand Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize value is an approximation. Any difference between the approximate value and the actual cost of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Winner agrees that neither Sponsor nor the Released Entities have made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness.
SUBSTITUTE PRIZE: If a winner does not wish to claim the Vehicle Prize or is unable to claim the Vehicle Prize, Sponsor may - in its sole and absolute discretion - award the winner a substitute cash prize in the amount of $20,000.00 (“Substitute Prize”) in lieu of awarding the Vehicle Prize. If winner chooses not to accept the Vehicle Prize or the Substitute Prize, the Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate, who will be the next runner-up. No other substitutions will be permitted except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
TAX GROSS-UP PAYMENT: The Grand Prize is a taxable fringe benefit and the winner will be subject to all applicable payroll taxes on the fair market value. In addition to the Grand Prize awarded to the winner, winner will also receive a single payment in the form of a payroll entry which is intended to assist with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the Grand Prize (the “Tax Gross-Up Payment”). The Tax Gross-Up Payment will not result in a net check being issued to the winner. Instead, the Tax Gross-Up Payment will be processed through Sponsor’s payroll and the amount will be used to offset any federal, state, or other tax obligations. The amount of Tax Gross-Up Payment will be computed based upon the actual retail value of the applicable prize and assuming that the Prize winner’s combined tax rate for all federal, state, and other tax obligations related to such prize is 33%. The Tax Gross-Up Payment is intended to assist with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the applicable prize. The Tax Gross-Up Payment may not be sufficient to cover the winner's entire tax liability related to winning the applicable prize. The winner should discuss his or her personal tax liability with his or her personal income tax advisor.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions except by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners.
6. Notification. Potential winners will be notified by telephone if they are not present to win . Potential winners will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, participating dealerships, and their respective affiliates, fulfillment centers, partners, and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, epidemics, pandemics or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
8. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND/OR FROM DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES.
10. List of Winners. To obtain the list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 8, 2021 to: Chewy, Inc., c/o Legal Department, 1855 Griffin Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004.
11. Sponsor. Chewy, Inc., 1855 Griffin Rd, Dania Beach, Florida 33004.
AVP1 (Wilkes-Barre, PA) – 600 New Commerce Blvd, Wilkes-Barre, PA (3 vehicles)
AVVP2 (Jessup, PA) – 37 Archbald Heights Road, Jessup, PA (3 vehicles)
CFC1 (Clayton, IN) 1974 Innovation Blvd, Clayton, IN (1 vehicle)
CLT1 (Salisbury, NC) – 255 Front Creek Road, Salisbury, NC (1 vehicle)
DAY1 (Dayton, OH) – 3280 Lightner Road, Dayton, OH (1 vehicle)
DFW1 (Dallas, TX) – 7243 Grady Niblo Road, Dallas, TX (1 vehicle)
EFC3 (Mechanicsburg, PA) – 40 Dauphin Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA (1 vehicle)
MCO1 (Ocala, FL) – 3380 NW 35th Ave, Ocala, FL (1 vehicle)
WFC2 (McCarran, NV) – 385 Milan Drive, McCarran, NV (1 vehicle)
The following sites will receive 1 vehicle in total:
PHX1 (Goodyear, AZ) – 255 South 143rd Ave, Goodyear, AZ
PHX2 (Goodyear, AZ) – 255 South 143rd Ave, Goodyear, AZ
The following sites will receive 1 vehicle in total:
SDF1 (Louisville, KY) – 2815 Watterson Trail, Louisville, KY
SDF2 (Louisville, KY) – 3621 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, KY
SDF4 (Louisville, KY) – 11403 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY
SDF5 (Louisville, KY) – 11403 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY
SDF6 (Louisville, KY) – 3930 Dupont Cir #1 Louisville, KY