Last Updated Sept 21, 2021
You agree to not submit the following types of content or any content that violates these Terms and Conditions. Chewy reserves the right not to post any content, and the right to edit or delete any content, if it contains any of the following types of content or otherwise violates these Terms and Conditions:
- Adverse Effect: Content that mentions negative physiological effects from using the product.
- Advertising: Content that includes any advertising or promotion for any other companies, products, or services.
- Badging / Disclosure: Content that fails to include proper disclosures or badges indicating that the user has a material connection to Chewy.
- Competitor References: Content that mentions any Chewy competitors.
- Customer Service: Content concerning an interaction with a Customer Service agent or Chewy's return/exchange policy.
- Directing Business Away: Content that encourages customers to purchase the product elsewhere, whether or not specifically naming a competitor.
- Duplicate Content: Multiple reviews on a single product by a unique user.
- Foreign Language: Content that is not in English.
- Fraudulent Content: Content that appears not to be a genuine customer review.
- Import: Content that appears to have been imported from another platform.
- Inappropriate Content: Any inappropriate content of any kind, including, without limitation, aggressive, threatening, non-genuine, trolling, lewd, drug-related, or sexually explicit comments, defamatory statements, personal attacks, discriminatory statements, hate speech, profanity, or mentions of animal cruelty.
- Inappropriate Images: Content that includes inappropriate images of any kind, including, without limitation, nudity or partial nudity of humans, violence to children, or child pornography.
- Infringing Content: Any content that appears to infringe any third party rights, including, without limitation, any content that incorporates any music.
- Medical Advice: Content that appears to solicit or provide medical advice.
- Off Label Use: Content that mentions that a product is being used in a way that is contrary to label instructions.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Content that contains an individual's personal information, such as, for example: full name, phone number, physical address, e-mail address, credit card information, government-issued ID number, social security number, or bank account number.
- Price References: Any references to price or comparative pricing.
- Product Not Purchased: Content that indicates that the product was not purchased at all (unless received as a gift) or that the product was purchased from a different retailer, or that does not indicate that the user actually used the product.
- Restricted Content: Content that refers to injuries, death, or losses related to a product, that suggests that something about a product or its use is unsafe, that calls for legal action against Chewy, that claims that Chewy is breaking the law, or that mentions counterfeit or pirated goods.
- Shipping: Content that is primarily about the shipping experience.
- Test: Content is a test submission.
- Underage: Content indicates that the reviewer is under the age of 13.
- Unknown Product: Content that does not appear to be about a product.
- URLs: Content contains hyperlinks or URLs (other than âchewy.comâ).
- Vacuous: Content that contains no specific, useful details about the product or primarily focuses on a topic outside the product, that includes no characters in the review, that contains excessive random characters or meaningless words, or that is so poorly written to be unintelligible.
- Wrong Product: Content does not pertain to the product being reviewed.
By submitting any content to Chewy, you represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole author of the content and owner of all intellectual property and other rights in the content;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 13 years old;
- If you have a material connection to Chewy, that material connection is properly disclosed in the content in accordance with the FTC's âGuides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertisingâ;
- Use of the content you supply will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party or violate applicable law; and
You agree to indemnify and hold Chewy (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of a breach or alleged breach of any of your representations and warranties set forth above, your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, or any use of any content submitted by you.
For any content that you submit, you grant Chewy and its licensees, successors, and assigns a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and exploit such content (including, without limitation, your name, user name, picture, likeness, voice, and biographical information), and any material based thereon or derived therefrom, together with any other material, edited or altered as Chewy sees fit, in any manner, in any and all media (whether now known or hereafter devised), throughout the world, for any purposes whatsoever (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade), without compensation to you.
All content that you submit may be used at Chewy's sole discretion. Chewy reserves the right to change, condense or delete any content on Chewy's website. Chewy does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Chewy to edit or delete any content you have submitted. Ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days. However, Chewy reserves the right to remove and content or to refuse to post any content for any reason, including, without limitation, for the reasons stated herein. You acknowledge that you, and not Chewy, are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Chewy, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
By submitting your email address in connection with any content you submit, you agree that Chewy and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and for other administrative purposes.