AquaClear CycleGuard Power Filter
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Preserves beneficial bacteria for a stress-free environment
- Patented refiltration system for a healthy aquarium and clear water
- Gentle waterfall design creates oxygenation
- Comes with AquaClear Foam, Activated Carbon and BioMax filter inserts
- Multi-stage filtration system helps maintain a healthy tank
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealMarineland Black Diamond Activated Carbon Filter Media, 40-oz jar$16.13Chewy Price$30.99List Price$15.32Autoship Price
- DealMarineland Bio-Wheel Emperor Rite-Size E Filter Cartridge, 4 count$9.59Chewy Price$15.49List Price$9.11Autoship Price
- Tetra Whisper Bio-Bags Medium Filter Cartridge, 3 count$3.89Chewy Price$6.99List Price$3.70Autoship Price
- DealMarineland Diamond Blend Carbon Ammonia Neutralizing Carbon Filter Media, 50-oz jar$11.79Chewy Price$12.39List Price$11.20Autoship Price
- Aqueon Submersible Internal Aquarium Filter, 40-gal$23.02Chewy Price$52.99List Price
- DealMarineland Bio-Wheel Penguin Rite-Size C Filter Cartridge, 1 count$4.09Chewy Price$5.11List Price$3.89Autoship Price
- Eheim Pro 4+ 350 Aquarium Canister Filter$279.99Chewy Price
- DealPenn-Plax Cascade 170 Internal Aquarium Filter$18.99Chewy Price
- Marineland Bio Wheel Assembly Fish Aquarium Filter$6.99Chewy Price$12.98List Price$6.64Autoship Price
- Zoo Med Betta Clean Aquarium Filter$15.83Chewy Price$15.99List Price
- Underwater Treasure Seapora Filter Floss, 20-sq ft$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- DealAquaClear Biomax Filter Insert, Size 20$5.99Chewy Price$6.49List Price$5.69Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater||N/A, Betta, Bottom Feeder, Cichlid, Goldfish, Discus|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater|
|Material||Foam||—||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||—||—|
Questions & Answers
29 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
118 Customer Reviews
The Best HOB
I have this HOB filter on most of my tanks. They outlast other brands. They are quiet. I like that you can change out media. The shape of the media basket is square so cutting filter pads to fit is easy. It would be nice if it had a surface skimmer like other popular models but the trade off is less junk in the tank and a cleaner look. Which I prefer.
I bought this to replace an incredibly noisy Tetra (which Chewy promptly credited). It was easy to set up, works very well, and is quiet. So far,I am happy with the filter. The filter media seems to be more economical than the very expensive Aqueon units I use on my other tanks.
Great little filter for small tanks
I have several aquaclear power filters. I bought this little one for a 5 gallon tank. It's just the right size. I buy these power filters because they use sponges as a filter media. Sponges are great for supporting a healthy bacteria bed.
I bought this one, because my old one by marineland stopped working. I am very happy by the results. The tank stays cleaner longer and it's easier to clean. It works better than I thought it would. I'm glad I bought it.
Gets the job done!
I bought this because I was sick of using the canister filter and I had downgraded from a 55gal to a 36gal and this provided more than enough gph for that size of tank. It was great for the first 2wks then I came home to it sounding like a box of rocks. Chewy resolved that issue quickly with no worries. I received the replacement and this one was noisy. After some online research and a little Vaseline on the magnet the noise was reduced. With the lid off its almost whisper quiet. With it on there will be some humming. Apparently, it's just the brand and if that's something you can't live with don't purchase it. The sound of the water coming through will mask it after the Vaseline is applied. The other notable issue is the suction control. It is just the bottom of the intake pipe sliding across the hole. The issue is it sticks sometimes or catches as you adjust. If they were to create some kind of rubber gasket or boot that would help it slide better than plastic on plastic this would greatly improve the suction as well as the movement. Pros: Easy to maintain Affordable Media Easy Setup and Maintenance Accepts Various Media Good GPH for all sizes of tanks Cons: Noisy (until Vaseline applied) The suction selection could be better developed. Overall, I gave this 3 stars because the design can be improved to alleviate a lot of the issues. But it is a functioning power head/filter that does work. It has the water clean and crystal clear in about an hour after setup. It is a good power head/filter but could be better!
impeller making loud sound.
Hello. I’ve had 2 aqua-clear filters in the past and never had an issue like this. The impeller is making a very loud sound and I have to turn it off when I sleep. Is there any way I can be sent a replacement impeller?
Quiet filter that works
.First time owning an aqua clear product and I am impressed. Super quiet and well designed product.
This is the best HOB filter made. It is as good as any small canister filter And much easier to maintain!
This is my second purchase for this filter. They are quiet and easy to maintain. They do a great job at keeping my tanks clean. Great value for the money. Delivery from Chewy is wonderful.
Far better than the usual filters I've used in the past, The aquarium is far cleaner and the fish even look happier. Love it.