Aqueon Mini Aquarium Heater, 2-gal, 5 watt
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Specifically designed for desktop aquariums that can hold between half a gallon to two gallons of water.
- Fully submersible mini heater helps keep water warm.
- Easy to install—use the included suction cups to place the heater vertically or horizontally.
- Shatterproof heater is especially perfect for small tropical fish.
- Measures 1.1"L x .875"W x 3.1"H.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Penn-Plax Cascade Heat 300W Preset Submersible Aquarium Heater, 12-in$17.99Chewy Price$35.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Cascade Heat Preset Submersible Aquarium Heater, 10-in, 200-watt$13.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- SunGrow Submersible Betta Fish & Turtle Aquarium Tank Water Heater, 10-watt, up to 5-gal$15.20Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- AA Aquarium Green Killing Machine 9 Watt Replacement Bulb$29.99Chewy Price$34.99List Price
- Eheim Jager Thermostat Aquarium Heater, 300-watt$34.99Chewy Price
- HDE LCD Digital Aquarium Thermometer$8.00Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- Aqueon Freshwater Aquarium Clip-On LED Light$20.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- Marineland LED Fish Aquarium Light Hood, 24-in$60.51Chewy Price$76.59List Price
- Marina Floating Thermometer with Suction Cup for Aquariums$2.99Chewy Price
- Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 18 - 24 in$59.95Chewy Price$149.00List Price
- Eheim Thermocontrol Aquarium Water Temperature Controller, 125-watt$37.30Chewy Price$44.99List Price
- Koval LED Aquarium Light, 45 - 50 in, 156 LED$74.95Chewy Price$139.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Marine Fish, Tropical Freshwater||Marine Invertebrate, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Saltwater, Freshwater||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
50 Customer Reviews
Caution When Using
I purchased this from a physical store for a new 2.5 gallon tank. I was wary because of reviews. 3 days after setting it up, I had to unplug it. The temperature in the water had hit 88 degrees. Thankfully no fish were In the tank since I am cycling it. After about 6 hours the water temp had dropped, and I plugged it back in. Unplugged it again the next day as the water temp jumped up to 88 again. The heater is clearly not shutting off when it should. I live in a warm climate, and thankfully I do not need to use it right now, since the room temperature is keeping the water temp where it needs to be.
Works as expected.
I read a bunch of reviews of this before buying which seemed to be hit-or-miss. I'm using it on a planted 1-gallon shrimp jar in Wisconsin, January. No filter or other circulation. Took it from about 68 to about 80 in about 10 hours. Seems to hover there fairly consistently. Fluctuates a few degrees based on ambient room temp. Works well so far but I've only had it a week.
Do not get !!!!
it has been plugged in for hours and no sign of temperature change, you cannot tell if it is working due to it not having a light or anything to tell if it is on or not. My betta fish, Cap, is new to my family and I noticed the water was cold and causing him to not eat. So I bought this heater in order to warm him up and it has not changed the temperature at all.
We needed a little heater asap for my daughters 2 gallon desk tank. We got her a betta as a "Hurray!" gift for getting her vaccine and didn't realize how cold the water got in the tank after a few hours. Bettas like warm water so we went online and purchased one that night. We got the heater within 24 hours and warmed the tank up within 30 minutes of getting it.
Don’t buy it.
I bought three heaters for my three betta fish. But every one of the thermometers is below the safe range. My fish don’t like to move anymore. I have to buy the new heater again. Don't waste your money.
DO NOT BUY, PLEASE
I bought heater from different store.. The heater does not work right. I have to unplug it after a couple of hours because it shoots the temp up to almost 86 degrees. For bettas, this is way too high. Regretting purchase. Please, do not put your fish through the stress, find a better heater that you can adjust to right temp.
works good for a very short timeframe
Was great when we first bought it. Worked well enough to keep the bowl just warm enough. Our betta passed away 2 months ago so we didn’t use it for awhile l. However we got a new betta and now the heater doesn’t even work even tho it was only being actively used for a month total. It was great while it lasted but it definitely not a long term heater. You get what you pay for. Pros: warms up decent quickly, very small so fits in the smallest tank you could get, cheap but works Cons: only way to turn on is to plug it in, no indicator button so only way to know if it works is to actually put your hand on it, doesn’t last long at all If you need something in a bind this is for you, if you need something long term I recommend looking into a different heater.
Does Not Work!!!
I have two of these one for a 1.5 gal and one for a 2 gal tank neither of them work. They have no switch or light so you never can till if it is working and they never feel warm.
It’s not perfect, but it gets the job done. The suction cup doesn’t really work, I ended up just taping it to the side of the aquarium.
idk if it’s working
i just got it today and i plugged it in and out it in the tank. it’s been in the tank for 8 hours and the temp hasn’t changed. am i doing something wrong ?