Aqueon Plant & Shrimp Aquarium Substrate
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Substrate that promotes the growth of freshwater plants in your aquarium.
- Made from a clay-based material with a unique spherical shape.
- Shape maintains its form over time and doesn’t breakdown into compressed soil.
- Creates healthy root systems to allow newly budding and mature plants to grow and flourish.
- Ideal for use with freshwater shrimp, snails and tropical fish.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand, Australian Gold, 10-lb bag$15.19Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- GloFish Aquarium Sand, 5-lb bag$7.42Chewy Price$8.09List Price
- Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Saltwater Aquarium Sand, Samoa Pink, 10-lb bag$14.86Chewy Price$16.99List Price
- CaribSea LifeRock Shroom Aquarium Rocks, 2 count$90.99Chewy Price
- Exotic Pebbles Black Bean Pebbles, 20-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Moonlight Freshwater Sand, 20-lb bag$25.29Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- CaribSea Super Naturals Torpedo Beach Freshwater Sand, 20-lb bag$26.92Chewy Price
- Exotic Pebbles Jade Bean Pebbles, 20-lb bag$25.99Chewy Price
- Pure Water Pebbles Frosted Aquarium Gravel, Silver, 5-lb bag$5.16Chewy Price$5.59List Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate, 10-lb bag$29.18Chewy Price
- CaribSea Eco-Complete Cichlid Zack Aquarium Substrate, 20-lb bag$22.39Chewy Price$32.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Bottom Feeder, Betta, Tropical Freshwater...||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Marine Fish, Marine Invertebrate||Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Saltwater||Saltwater||Freshwater|
Questions & Answers
15 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
13 Customer Reviews
Definitely buy more than you think you need!
I bought the bundle of 2 as bag says to use 1 to 2 lbs per gallon and I've a 10 gallon freshwater I wanted to plant. I am going to be buying another bundle of 2 lol. That said it is very clean substrate, washed it very minimally and was ready to use super quick. I'm excited to get my plants in!
Its okay just use it different
I wanted to get this as a thing to act as substrate for mt tank but it doesn't look good, the pieces are all the same size and i was expecting like the fluval stratum. Ill be using it but youll gave to cap it off with sand or gravel, it works fine for plants just not apealing to the eye.
I run 12 tanks. I also breed and sell fish and snails. This sub is best for tanks you need to vacuum often. The clay balls lift up just enough to get under and do not get vacuumed out. I read many saying it doesn't hold their plants. My plants thrive in it. Not sure how it anchors faux plants as I only use live plants. I am slowly changing over all my tanks to have this. (Except snail only tanks.)
smaller than you think
This package is smaller than you think. When in doubt buy two. Make sure to follow directions. Works great! Slow breakdown and release of nutrients. Recommend a root tab for newer plants. Great product!
Could not hold plants
Put the plants in yesterday. Almost half of them float up today
Not durable too light
It's really light and not good for plants to sink their root into. The color keeps coming off and it did not help my plants. It's brown in the outer part but mine broke down into the inner red ish color. I recommend u spend the extra 10 bucks on something else like eco complete.
I guess it works.
Would have given 5 stars but it doesn't hold even the plastic plants down well. I hope that it is really helping my snails. Main reason why I bought it. All of them seems to be content with it. So I'm good.
Great Product so far.
I love the color. I am setting up my fish tank at the moment and it is cycling so no shrimp, fish, or plants have been added yet. I have a ten gallon tank but I would suggest maybe buying two bags because though it did fill the tank up, I personality feel like I could use some more.
Amazing Plant Growth!
I’m super impressed with this substrate!! The growth on my plants is phenomenal, I swear some of them grow overnight. And since I haven’t added any extra fertilizer or CO2, I’m chalking the growth up to this awesome substrate. I’ll definitely buy this again
Great for plants
So far so good! I am setting up a nano tank that is heavily planted. I wanted something that would look good and keep the plants healthy. This looks great! It is like perfectly round pellets. Very aesthetically pleasing with the plants and large driftwood. I plan to add cherry shrimp once the tank has had time to fully cycle, so I bought this as it says it's recommended for plants and shrimp. Very pleased!