Aqueon Pro Aquarium Heater
About This Item
- Perfect for easily maintaining the ideal water temperature for both healthy salt and freshwater community fish tanks.
- Available in a wide range of the most common wattage sizes to provide a custom heating experience for any aquarium.
- Precise temperature dial from 68 to 88 °F allows for complete control of aquatic climate within a 1-degree difference.
- Durable shatter-resistant heater construction allows for completely submersible and safe aquarium temperature control.
- LED indicator lights up red when heating or green when not heating, and auto shut-off feature prevents overheating.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Current USA Orbit Marine IC LED Reef Aquarium Lighting System, 18 - 24 in$59.95Chewy Price$209.95List Price
- Marineland Hidden LED Aquarium Strip Light, 21-in$55.43Chewy Price$86.79List Price
- Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 20-in$39.28Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Tetra Care GloFish 6" LED Fish Aquarium Light, Blue$15.38Chewy Price$26.29List Price
- Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 36 - 48 in$183.79Chewy Price$219.00List Price
- Marineland LED Fish Aquarium Light Hood, 20-in$50.08Chewy Price$60.89List Price
- Current USA Satellite Freshwater Plus Aquarium LED Light, 48 - 60 in$135.40Chewy Price$159.85List Price
- Eheim Jager Thermostat Aquarium Heater, 75-watt$22.49Chewy Price
- Current USA Satellite Freshwater Aquarium LED Light, 36 - 48 in$53.56Chewy Price$69.95List Price
- Spaces Places Solar Powered Submersible LED Fish Pond Light Set$33.83Chewy Price$39.99List Price
- LET Lighting 2x39W Miro-4 T5 High-Output Retrofit Kit, 36-in$71.95Chewy Price
- Spaces Places Remote Control Submersible LED Fish Aquarium Light Set$46.93Chewy Price$69.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Fish Type||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Marine Fish, Tropical Freshwater||Tropical Freshwater, Betta, Cichlid, Goldfish, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish||Tropical Freshwater, Marine Fish|
|Aquarium Type||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater, Saltwater||Freshwater||Freshwater|
|Material||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Polypropylene, Plastic||Stainless Steel, Metal|
Questions & Answers
17 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
76 Customer Reviews
Do not purchase
No matter how i set the thermostat the water temp stays at 74’
Better than the Tetra brand!
After having issues with 3 Tetra pre set heaters I decided to buy 2 of these. None of the Tetra heaters reached a temperature of 75°. The Aqueon brand I bought a 50 and the 100. The 50 worked fine when set at 76° it reached the proper temperature. The 100 when set at 76° did not. In order to reach that temperature it needed to be set higher. No problem though because it can be adjusted. I will never purchase a pre set heater again.
Bought the 150 watt Aqueon heater for my 36gal tank and got it to temp fairly quick and so far no problems the 3 weeks it's been in there.
I purchased this for a 20g aquarium but found not only the dial to set the temperature was inaccurate but after a few months I had to keep bumping the temperature setting up to maintain the correct temperature. To have water at 78 deg, I had to set the heater at 81. After a few months, I had to change it to 82deg to maintain. Then eventually, 84. I didn't trust it anymore and figured it would over heat the water.
Reliable, Dependable, Affordable
I have found the Aqueon submersible and Pro heaters to be accurate and dependable. I've used other brands and at some point had problems. I have a 50W, 100W and 150W and never a problem in 2 years.
Don’t buy this product
This heater broke within 2 weeks. Very disappointed. Our frogs are stuck in cold water now.
Great Aquarium Heater
I bought this plastic heater because I recently lost over 12 fish in my big show tank filled with my beautiful male Cichlid breeders! I had a glass heater in this tank and some of the males must have been chasing each other and they broke the glass on the heater. I lost the 12 fish due to them being electrified! I’ll never ever use a glass heater again!!! This wonderful heater works perfectly and I never have to worry about electrocution again!!! Thanks Aqueon!!!
So far the heater is keeping temps steady. Plus I like the total black color as it makes the heater disappear against the tank background.
Excellent New Heater!
I got this 50w adjustable heater after my 10 gal tank came down with a horrible case of ich. As soon as I got this, I put it in a pitcher of water for 24-48 hrs to test for safe temps/functioning and after putting in the tank, I did find that mine had a 1 degree difference between the setting on the knob on the top (82F) vs the thermometer in the tank (81F), but, no problem as Aqueon advises that this can happen. 4-5 days after running this heater at 81F and both of my fish are feeling a LOT better. (More energy, normal appetite again, and cysts are entirely gone!) This DOES have a lot higher up line on it for the minimum water line, so, take care when doing water changes, even 1/3 tank changes. (I had to unplug it during them vs the fixed temp 50w Aqueon one I had before with a water line lower on the heater.)
New aquarium heater
Perfect size for my 125 gallon aquarium and with the exact temperature on the top it was easy to start and a little tweaking allowed me to get just what I wanted. Living in Idaho I thought I would struggle with temperature control but it all worked fine