Arf Pets Self-Cooling Solid Gel Dog Crate Mat
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- High-quality, self-charging cooling mat helps keep pets cool for up to three hours. Recharges in just 15 to 20 minutes of non-use.
- Perfect for hot climates, ailing dogs, and to soothe pets recovering from surgery or suffering from swelling, stress, skin conditions, and more.
- Indoor/outdoor design features a non-toxic, solid gel interior with a puncture-resistant exterior. No water means no mold!
- Sturdy nylon cushioning is a great addition to crates, dog beds, or the backseat of the car with a lightweight, foldable design.
- Requires no water, batteries, refrigeration, or electricity for a low maintenance design that easily wipes clean with soap and water.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Mocha Swirl Dog Crate Mat, 42-in$28.41Chewy Price$29.99List Price
- DealThe Green Pet Shop Cool Pet Pad, X-Large$74.97Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- DealFrisco Dog Crate Mat, Dark Gray, 36-in$21.06Chewy Price$24.70List Price
- DealThe Green Pet Shop Cool Pet Pad Cover for Cool Pet Pad, X-Large$17.96Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- DealK&H Pet Products Coolin' Comfort Orthopedic Dog Bed, Small$48.65Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- DealArf Pets Self Cooling Cat & Dog Bed, Large/X-Large$79.99Chewy Price$84.99List Price
- DealPetFusion Premium Cat & Dog Cooling Blanket, Cool Grey, Small$29.02Chewy Price$29.95List Price
- DealFurHaven Indoor/Outdoor Solid Cooling Gel Cat & Dog Bed w/Removable Cover, Solid Blue, Small$27.99Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- DealFurHaven Deluxe Oxford Cooling Gel Indoor/Outdoor Dog & Cat Bed w/ Removable Cover, Jumbo, Stone Grey$70.99Chewy Price$88.99List Price
- DealFrisco Cooling Orthopedic Dog Crate Mat, 22-in$12.99Chewy Price
- DealFurHaven Quilt Top Cooling Gel Convertible Indoor/Outdoor Cat & Dog Bed, Gray, Large$59.99Chewy Price$71.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Polyester, Synthetic Fabric||Fleece, Synthetic Fabric||Cotton, Fleece, Synthetic Fabric, Natural Fabric|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds, Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Giant Breeds||Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
196 Customer Reviews
Bought another. First still alive after a year's use with travel.
This mat is not magic, but works to keep your dog a bit more comfortable. It works by absorbing or releasing heat quickly. On a hot day, your dog may be 101F, and the air and ground (in the shade!) 81F. If the dog lies down on the mat, it starts to warm from 81F to 101F, while providing a bit of cooling to the dog for about 30 minutes. It does that a bit better than tile floor due to more contact, and much better than carpet/wood floor that normally trap the heat in the dog. If the dog gets off, the mat returns from maybe 90F to close to room temperature in another 30 minutes. You can also throw it into to fridge (fold it up and put in a bag for sanitation reasons) for extra cooling. That's why I now have two - to be able to rotate one in fridge, one under dog. Note that if the sun shines on any parts of this (like in a kayak), the entire mat heats up really quickly and can be hot to the touch. It's also heavy (>5lbs), so taking it backpacking is not a great idea. For backpacking, I prefer a swamp-cooler vest (ruffwear) . For kayaking, the dog is the swamp-cooler (he gets wet anyhow and has to wear a pfd, which makes the cooling mat and swamp-cooler vest not work properly). I took one of them to a 3-month summer trip with my dog that involved many lodgings without AC, countless packings and unpackings, and a somewhat restless dog who scratches the mat a lot. I keep his claws filed smooth, and there was no damage except that the ribbon around the rim on the older mat is starting to come loose. Great mat.
Our big guy loves this!
We have a big, 105 lb shepherd, Rottie and border collie mix, and he loooooves this pad. As soon as he learned it would be nice and cool, he will find it in any room we put it in. Great help during the summer months. And it’s nicely padded so better on his joints than the hardwood floor. Highly recommend!
Love this product!! Bought for camping and my George loves it! It kept him cool and comfortable. Wish I could have bought a cover but just made one out of old pillowcases. Highly recommend
Does not begin to provide cooling!
Put this on carpeting ... not cooling. Put it on a cool tile floor ... not cooling. Warmer than the cool tile floor! Read in the instructions that came with it that said it could be placed in the fridge for cooling. Who wants to put a mat that lives on the floor with a dog on it in their fridge with their food??! Hard no!
Cooling Mat saves dog's lives
It's gotten unseasonably hot here. This mat kept my dogs cool and comfortable in the worst weather. One dog doesn't want to leave the cool.
I gave it two stars because my dog really liked I gave those two stars because my dog loves it, but it is not a lasting product for the high price. About six months in, the pad began to wrinkle everywhere and it would not flatten out, making it unusable for my dog. The the material also does not last long. There are so many scratches punctures and tears just from my dog lying around on it and standing up on it. He is not a chewer or a digger or scratcher and does not have long sharp nails. When I put the protective covered sold separately on it, it defeats the purpose of the cooling gel. I have been trying to flatten out the mat and get the wrinkles out forever and it’s not working and has to be thrown out because it is now useless. This is too expensive for less than six months of use… it, but it is not a lasting product for the high price. About six months in, the pad began to wrinkle everywhere and it would not flatten out, making it unusable for my dog. The the material also does not last long. There are so many scratches punctures and tears just from my dog lying around on it and standing up on it. He is not a chewer or a digger or scratcher and does not have long sharp nails. When I put the protective covered sold separately on it, it defeats the purpose of the cooling gel. I have been trying to flatten out the mat and get the wrinkles out forever and it’s not working and has to be thrown out because it is now useless. This is too expensive for less than six months of use… In the photos you can see how wrinkled it is…
Cooling pad keeps them both cool
Both our golden and flat coated retrievers like lying on this mat inside and out on our deck. It's been so hot this summer but both still want to sit on the deck. I feel better when they are sitting, and keeping cool, on the cool mat.
Perfect for crate
This is the perfect mat for our puppy’s crate. It keeps her cool, lays flat and she doesn’t try to bunch it up under her. After the first night when she wasn’t too sure what it was, and she was also in a new crate, she has been perfectly content with it and knows it helps keep her cool in the summer Arizona weather. No more panting at night. The mat will be ideal year round. We have a doodle and she tends to be hot most of the time even though we keep her hair very short in the summer. Great purchase!
I'm so happy with this cooling mat! I wasn't sure if my shih tzu would understand or like it but he took to it immediately and loves it!
I was surprised at how effective this cooling mat is! The gel is noticeably cool to the touch (think cool linoleum on a hot day), which is especially handy in a mostly carpeted space. It's a little slippery for my senior dachshund, but a thin sheet mostly fixes that. Definitely happy with this!