Beaverdam Pet Food Hi-Protein 27/12 Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Gluten-free premium kibble is packed with protein from chicken and pork to support active muscles.
- Higher in protein and lower in carbs so it’s great for overweight dogs, with plenty of nutrients fit for active and senior dogs who can also use the nutrition boost.
- Only all-natural ingredients with no corn, wheat, soy, artificial preservatives, dyes, colors, flavors or by-products.
- Good source of selenium to support a healthy immune system, plus prebiotics, probiotics, chicory and yucca for digestive health, and glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy joints.
- Proudly sourced and manufactured locally in the USA by a family-owned and operated company.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Beaverdam Pet Food Skipper's Choice 21/12 Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$14.15Chewy Price$13.44Autoship Price
- Beaverdam Pet Food Eli's Select 33/16 Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$84.96Chewy Price$80.71Autoship Price
- Explorer Sensitive Skin & Coat Ocean Fish Meal & Oat Recipe Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Beaverdam Pet Food Hi-Energy 26/18 Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$62.25Chewy Price$59.14Autoship Price
- Black Gold Explorer Original Performance Formula 26/18 Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$56.19Chewy Price$53.38Autoship Price
- SPORTMiX CanineX Performance Chicken Formula Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$52.62Chewy Price$49.99Autoship Price
- Sportsman's Pride Classic 24/20 High Energy Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Diamond Pro89 Beef, Pork, & Ancient Grains Formula Adult Dry Dog Food, 40-lb bag$59.99Chewy Price$56.99Autoship Price
- VICTOR Purpose Hero Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 50-lb bag$94.99Chewy Price$104.99List Price$90.24Autoship Price
- VICTOR Realtree EDGE ENERGY Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$35.99Chewy Price$34.19Autoship Price
- American Journey Protein & Grains Large Breed Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$54.92Chewy Price$52.17Autoship Price
- Sportsman's Pride Premium 26/18 Formula Adult Dog Food, 40-lb bag$46.99Chewy Price$48.99List Price$44.64Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Pork Meal, Millet Pearl Grain, Sorghum...||Pork Meal, Millet Pearl Grain, Sorghum...||Pork Meal, Millet Pearl Grain, Sorghum...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Sorghum...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein, With Grain||High-Protein, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||Low-Protein, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, High-Protein, Pea-Free...||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, High-Protein...|
|Health Feature||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health, Vitamins & Minerals||High-Energy||High-Energy|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Pork, Chicken, Poultry, Meat||Pork, Chicken, Poultry, Meat||Pork, Chicken, Poultry, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
36 Customer Reviews
Best affordable food
We have been on quite the food journey with our dogs, trying nearly every premium brand and price point you can imagine to get firm stool out of our pup. Natures logic was the best choice we found, but once we got an another dog and were going through 6-8 cups a day of premium dog food, we started looking for other options. I started searching for what I believe is the formula for firm stool (for my pup at least): meat meal as the first ingredient rather than the actual meat, and millet as a primary grain. I had never heard of Beaverdam before but thankfully I found it. I was immediately impressed by the quality of ingredients at the given price point and decided to try it. I think we finally have found our dog food. After transitioning both our pups have firm stools and have had absolutely no issues with the food.
Love this dog food!
I originally found this in the grocery store while looking for a better quality dog food. It is specifically made for dogs that are not super active, they offer a few blends based on activity, age. My dog is a hog, so he will eat anything. I like the smaller pieces and his poops are solid, this is unusual for him. I also like the higher protein to keep down his weight as he has issues with his ACLs. It seems to be a premium product with a slightly lower price point. Definitely recommend.
3/4 dogs stopped eating
Our dogs transitioned fine but a little over a month after they completed the transition 3 out of our 4 dogs stopped eating and were leaving their bowls almost completely full which has never happened. They are usually really good about eating so looks like we will be switching to a different formulation
I am only a few days into feeding, so I cannot confidently vouch for the results I would like to see... however this is being fed to 3 of my German Shepherds. My 10 month old male transitioned beautifully- and he typically has horrible runs during transition periods. He also has a "fuller" "thicker" look to him- huge bonus! He does not look thin anymore, given the same amount of food as he was the other vet recommended brand. I'll be honest, I was prompted to make a switch when I had to wet down a dogs food, and it sat longer than I intended. I had not realized how much corn was in that (vet recommended) brand. I opted to put part of my pack on beaverdam, and see what I thought. I've canceled my other auto-ships as I still have 100lbs of the other food on hand, and plan to transition the rest of the dogs over if I continue to like what I'm seeing. I typically like having a 45 day supply of dog food on hand at all times, that way if there is a recall (has not happened yet), I have likely not reached the recalled batch. I will surely repost another review in a month or so- but as of right now, I'm only seeing great things... oh- and smaller poo piles (huge bonus!).
They are very helpful anytime I have had to call them. Their prices are fantastic. I would definitely recommend Chewy.com!
Kibble size TOO SMALL for 60 lbs dog
Shipping was fast, smell is great, my dog went nuts! He's a 60 pounds lab+shepherd mix. He's been losing some muscle so I decided to try something with high protein. He loves the taste and the price seems pretty reasonable for the size (40 lbs). I only took a point off because the kibble size is a bit too small for bigger dogs like him. He almost drinks the food without chewing it, which concerns me. For smaller dogs I definitely recommend this food, and if you have bigger dogs try getting one of those slow eating bowls.
Helped with our dog’s yeast infection!
My pup has had horrible itchiness for years. I have tried tons of different foods, including Purina ProPlan Sensitive skin. It didn’t help. After my dog was in really tough shape, and I was sick of Apoquel, we got the Cytopoint shot and decided to address what the issue really was- a yeast infection. Our vet has never really helped us find a solution or even said it is a yeast infection, but the symptoms are there. Vet after vet just keeps saying environmental allergies- like that is just something we will always deal with. I’m sure they make a lot of money off of pills and shots, but when I asked that she be tested, they did find some yeast. They still don’t think that is the issue, but I have done some research and have found that all the grains/carbs in dog food can cause an imbalance. I, therefore, started buying dog food that doesn’t have potatoes, corn, tapioca, and other fillers. Dog treats are packed full of bad stuff too. At first, we spent a fortune on Farmina, and it didn’t seem to agree with her stomach although it did help get the yeast infection under control. We then switched to Beaverdam High Protein, and she isn’t itching hardly at all. This food has great ingredients and really seems to make a huge difference!
I recently switched to Beaverdam dog food for my 2 3-year old Golden Retrievers. While I admit, I was first attracted to the lower price and big 40 pound bag (as opposed to the 28 to 35 pound bags that their other food came in), I checked with Dog Food Advisor and was pleased to see that Beaverdam Dog Food receives the Advisor’s second highest-tier rating of 4.5 stars.. It is not Grain Free, but contains No Corn, No Wheat, No Soy and is Gluten Free. It also contains No By-Products No artificial coloring, Flavoring, or Preservatives. It does contain Pre-Biotic / Pro-Biotic (four digestive aid), and Glucosamine & Chondroitin. Also it is made in the USA , and has had NO RECALLS. Ever. Oh, and the huge plastic sort of bag makes a great bag to haul returnable cans and bottles to the store in, or makes a great trash bag. My dogs love the food, ( which really is the important thing), transitioned to it easily, their poop remained firm ( easier to pick up) with no "food transitional diarrhea". Highly recommend.
dog food love
My cats are loving this dog food! I have 20 cats so it’s a great poll!
My dogs like it Good ingredients
The 3 have been picky this summer They all like this food Ingredients are super solid