Bil-Jac Puppy Select Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Fresh, farm-raised chicken is the very first in ingredient in this super-premium food; 25 pounds of fresh chicken is used to make a 30-pound bag of Bil-Jac Puppy Food.
- Oatmeal and corn meal are slow-cooked to produce simple carbohydrates to fuel your playful pup’s energy needs.
- Proprietary Nutri-Lock low-temperature, vacuum-drying process extracts moisture from the ingredients without compromising the natural fats or nutritional value of the meat.
- Complete and balanced nutrition for strong immune support, as well as healthy growth and development during the critical first year of life.
- Proudly made in the USA since 1947; never contains any fillers, gluten meals, wheat, soy, sprayed-on rendered fat, or protein concentrate.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealBil-Jac Large Breed Puppy Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price$58.89Autoship Price
- DealBil-Jac Small Breed Puppy Chicken, Oatmeal & Yam Recipe Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$23.99Chewy Price$24.99List Price$22.79Autoship Price
- DealEukanuba Puppy Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$77.99Chewy Price$74.09Autoship Price
- DealWellness Grain-Free Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Salmon Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$69.98Chewy Price$72.99List Price$66.48Autoship Price
- DealRoyal Canin Large Puppy Dry Dog Food, 35-lb bag$92.99Chewy Price$88.34Autoship Price
- DealWellness Complete Health Puppy Deboned Chicken, Oatmeal & Salmon Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$19.98Chewy Price$20.99List Price$15.67Autoship Price
- DealRoyal Canin Small Puppy Dry Dog Food, 13-lb bag$54.99Chewy Price$52.24Autoship Price
- DealBil-Jac Adult Select Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price$58.89Autoship Price
- DealRoyal Canin Breed Health Nutrition French Bulldog Puppy Dry Dog Food, 3-lb bag$24.99Chewy Price$23.74Autoship Price
- DealRoyal Canin Medium Puppy Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$92.99Chewy Price$88.34Autoship Price
- DealAmerican Journey Puppy Lamb & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.69Chewy Price$17.76Autoship Price
- DealBil-Jac Large Breed Adult Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$61.99Chewy Price$64.99List Price$58.89Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken, Chicken By-Products (organs only, source of arginine)...||Chicken, Chicken By-Products (organs only, source of arginine)...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, White Rice...||Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, White Rice...||Chicken, Chicken Meal, Canola Meal...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, Pea-Free, With Grain||Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain|
|Health Feature||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Brain Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals||Brain Health, Immune Support, Vitamins & Minerals||—|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
Questions & Answers
5 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
86 Customer Reviews
I have a young adult mastiff. He developed a condition called EPI. It's pancreatic insufficiency so he cannot digest food without added pancreatic enzymes. He was raised raw fed. When he was diagnosed I needed a dog food that I could use to pack on weight he had lost. That did not have fat in the first 5 ingredients(risk of bloat), and that wasn't full of legumes and excess fiber. I also needed it to be able to be digested at the same rate as raw mixed in each meal. I looked at more dog food than I care to remember. I went with the Bil Jac since it isn't extruded and is the same recipe as when I used it 20 years ago. It's worked out perfectly. He really likes it. It digests great. Doesn't inhibit the absorption of the enzymes. On the days where his B12 drops and he doesn't want to eat I can add water to the Bill Jac and in 5 minutes make balls to toss down his throat lol My other two dogs who won't touch "dog food" or "dog treats" now demand a share of Bil Jac too. That pretty much sums up how tasty dogs find this stuff.
Finally something she likes!
I was on the fence about purchasing this for our then 7 m old puppy. In the 4 - 5 months we had her I had tried 9 different food of all prices, brands, flavors. We had used toppers both store bought and homemade, she would not eat most more than once or twice. She eventually walked away and would not eat any at all. Frustrated I had inquired the company and learned about the product. They also provided a good coupon to try it. The dog loved it. Ate it without a topper or any fuss. When I had questions the company responded and has even called me to answer. I be sure to feed proper amount and she is doing well. The kibble is pellet shaped and easy to chew and break--our vet has said my spaniel has a soft mouth--and she does refuse many bones, treats and apparently food due to this. She does not like canned food either. Water on dry kibble didnt suit her for the most part. This worked. Probably very good for dogs with teeth issues or no teeth. Our senior dog has been sneaking bites of this food instead of his own--he has few teeth at 16 yrs. Questions about ingredients I had were checked out and answered to my satisfaction. I would recommend it. I've just ordered another bag!
I have been using Bil JAC dog food for 17 years and even the pickiest eaters like this food it is all I buy now even my old dog who has no teeth is able to eat it -easy to chew for her not real hard as most dry dog food is. Highly recommend!!
he loved it
Evan though he loved it he threw up after 2-weeks, Seems to do this when he has chicken, I thought this might work because no bad oils in it and it was cooked with out hi heat. I think we just have to stay away from chicken.
Shih Tzu super dog
Pollyanna is a very picky eater. She took one smell and gobbled this up. I was amazed. I am so happy with this dog food!!!
Rescued a severely malnourished young dog (maybe 18 months). At two weeks she is looking so much better. Can't count her ribs and not more pronounced hip bones.
Puppy doing great on it.
I had a pup get very ill and he could not chew kibble and i needed to get more dense food down him and he was having trouble eating canned even. . He loved this stuff wet or dry and it held his weight even though he was having a raging 103 to 104 temp for 3 days strait and feeling poorly. Afterward even with his painful joints and jaw he could still eat this and do well. Vet could not believe he had managed not to drop a ton of weight despite his low appetite and ability to eat. My adults do very well on the BilJac . But this with the puppy food quite surprised and pleased me .
Rating this a One Star
Puppy did not like and will not eat it. Vet gave us sample bag of Science Diet, Puppy Small Bites and she loved it. So now I will be placing a new order for the Science Diet.
Best Puppy Food
I bought several different brands of puppy food. Some weren't touched at all and one (Blue) the puppies ate asong as it was mixed with Bil-Jack. Now, I'm ordering only Bil-Jac!
This is the food my boys been on since birth. I’ve talked with several breeders and they said it was a great dog food. My other dogs have been on BilJac all their lives and the vets can’t believe their age.