Blackwood 3000 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Everyday Diet Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Wholesome nutrition comes together to create an easy-to-digest recipe that delivers superior nourishment in every bowl.
- Supplemented with probiotics to aid digestion, keeping your pup's tummy is as happy as their taste-buds.
- Cooked in small batches, so you know that each bite was crafted with care.
- Made with super premium, all-natural lamb protein to keep your pup going all day.
- Nutritionally complete and balanced for adult dogs, which means you can be confident your fur baby is getting all the wholesome goodness they need.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Halo Holistic Game Bird Medley Small Breed Dog Food Recipe Dry Dog Food Bag, 10-lb bag$45.99Chewy Price$49.99List Price$43.69Autoship Price
- AvoDerm Advanced Sensitive Support Trout & Pea Formula Grain-Free Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.99Chewy Price$19.94Autoship Price
- Addiction Grain-Free Salmon Bleu Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$15.99Chewy Price$15.19Autoship Price
- PetKind Tripe Dry Grain-Free Green Beef Tripe Formula Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$25.64Autoship Price
- Wysong Optimal Senior Dry Dog Food, 5-lb bag$17.39Chewy Price$19.29List Price$16.52Autoship Price
- American Natural Premium Chicken-Free Lamb & Rice Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$48.31Chewy Price$45.89Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Lamb Meal, Brown Rice, Oat Groats...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Millet...||Lamb Meal, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Whole Grain Millet...||Lamb Meal (Natural source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Brown Rice, Peas...||Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Millet...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain||Sensitive Digestion, Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||Limited Ingredient Diet, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Sensitive Digestion...||Weight Control, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, With Grain|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry|
|Food Form||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food||Dry Food|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
40 Customer Reviews
Thank you Chewy
The Blackwood 3000 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe makes our little Maltipoo a very happy and healthy dog. We have always been very satisfied with our Chewy orders and customer services. The packages have always been delivered rapidly and in excellent condition. Either for pharmacy, food or accessories, we trust Chewy for their competitiveness and consistant quality.
No recalls, family owned, small batch production... I wouldn't use anything else and I'm so glad Chewy carries it! Ace used to carry it but they stopped so I was out of luck. Thank you Chewy!!
Formula Changed - Contains Peas
Formula changed w/o notice!!! I only learned of it by reading Chewy reviews. Now contains peas! Have been using for over a year after exhaustive search for healthy, grain-inclusive kibble. I once wrote to Blackwood asking about their rationale for grain-free given latest research. They never replied, but I still went ahead and purchased product for 2 dogs for over a year. Neither dog thrilled with it but seemed “good enough,” while adding some pumpkin, yogurt and sardines. But the fact they changed recipe w/o notice has me searching for a new food. Going to try Earthborn Holistic Unrefined and Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice.
good! no pea protein
Was nervous with the reviews and ingredients saying pea/pea protein. But this is my 3rd 15lb bag and I check each time, no pea anything.
Beware of Formula Change
I had been feeding this food for 3 years, and all of a sudden one of my dogs got very sick. His gut ended up with a severe imbalance and the expense to correct the imbalance has been off the charts! I contacted Blackwood to tell them what happened and they did not care enough to follow through. To this day my dog is fighting that imbalance. Ended up having to go to Animalbiome and get him on their gut restore program which is very expensive Stay away from this food!
Blackwood lamb and brown rice
Our big guy loves this food and his skin seems less flakey too.
Now contains pea protein
If you have been using this food for a while double check any new bags. They reformulated and added pea protein pretty high on the ingredient list. If you are trying to avoid peas, potatoes, and lentils due to their potential link to DCM, it's time to find a new food. I ordered 2 bags, one was the old formula I was happy with, one was the new formula containing peas. I ended up throwing out a full 30 pound bag as I had already opened it and dumped it into my food storage container. This food is no longer a top recommended food by dog food advisor. I am really disappointed. I used to really like this food.
All 3 of my dogs with very different needs absolutely love this food. Since switching them to it last July, they’re overall health has improved greatly. On top of that, one of our dogs has horrible skin allergies. Usually by this time of year her pits are raw with all the the fur fallen out, she whines while scratching herself, and she rubs her face on whatever is around. Not this winter! In 6 years this is the first time her skin has been in perfect condition during winter! Her fur actually has moisture in it too! I could actually cry talking about how happy the difference makes me because it was just so hard to watch and nothing helped. We specifically went with this food because it was on a list of best foods for skin problems and we are absolutely blown away by it! BONUS: it goes on sale pretty frequently! As I’m writing this, it’s currently on sale for 44% off. Makes it easy to stock up our supply!
Very disappointed that Blackwood has changed the formula to include pea protein or pea flour depending on the recipe. I will be switching back to Annamaet Option. It's more expensive, but it's legume-free an worth the extra cost.
I used to rave about Blackwood to everyone - now I’m having to find a new kibble, and let my friends know about this horrible change. Shame on Blackwood!