Blue Buffalo Natural Veterinary Diet KS Kidney Support Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Kidney support dry dog food with controlled levels of protein to help manage your furry pal’s kidney workload.
- Veterinary diet that also has controlled levels of phosphorus and sodium to help support kidney health for a happy and thriving dog.
- Enhanced with antioxidants, L-carnitine and omega 3 fatty acids for your dog’s overall health and body condition.
- Made without the grains many pet parents choose to avoid, making this holistic formula great for doggies with sensitive tummies.
- Prescription-only food made with the finest ingredients available that have both beneficial nutrition and a taste your furry best friend will love.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Support Early Consult Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support S Dry Dog Food, 6-lb bag$36.99Chewy Price$35.14Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support F Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support A Dry Dog Food, 17.6-lb bag$84.99Chewy Price$80.74Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d + Mobility Kidney Care + Mobility with Chicken Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$51.99Chewy Price$49.39Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Dry Dog Food, 34-lb bag$113.99Chewy Price$108.29Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 8.5-lb bag$50.99Chewy Price$48.44Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Chicken & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 4$199.96Chewy Price$189.96Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care Beef & Vegetable Stew Wet Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$99.98Chewy Price$94.98Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Adult Renal Support D Thin Slices in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 13.5-oz, case of 24$105.36Chewy Price$100.09Autoship Price
- Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Kidney Care with Chicken Wet Dog Food, 13-oz, case of 12, bundle of 2$95.98Chewy Price$91.18Autoship Price
- Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets NF Kidney Function Wet Dog Food, 13.3-oz, case of 12$46.99Chewy Price$44.64Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Deboned Chicken, Potato Starch, Pea Starch...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Chicken Fat...||Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal...||Deboned Whitefish, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein...||Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat...|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds...|
|Special Diet||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Veterinary Diet||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, Sensitive Digestion, Low Fat, With Grain||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Veterinary Diet...||Pea-Free, Veterinary Diet, With Grain|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care||Kidney Care||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Digestive Health, Weight Management||Kidney Care|
Questions & Answers
13 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
149 Customer Reviews
Great RX food
Our veterinarian recommended that we switch our dog to a food that will support him because he is in the beginning stages of kidney failure. We slowly transitioned him from Purina to this one. He had no issues switching and his blood work Ian’s urine came back slightly better than it was before we changed his food. I’ll continue to buy it.
Contains cellulose fiber (wood pulp)
I had high hopes for this product. Lower protein and mineral content for my little guy who has CKD. Got it in and he loved it. No stomach issues (most other KS foods use wheat and he has wheat allergies). Read the ingredients closer and saw that is contains cellulose fiber (wood pulp) as a filler. Took him off it right away. I would not put wood pulp in my food, or in the food that I feed to friends or family. Why would I want it in my dogs food? Started him on a home made diet and he is doing very well on the diet that contains veggies, fruit, salmon and buckwheat flour for the binder.
Had high hopes
But, my dog will not eat this food. Based on the reviews, I really had high hopes for this food. I know it is difficult to get any dog to eat Kidney Support diets in general; all of the "good stuff" has been reduced and they're not happy about it. But, since my chihuahua was already eating Blue Buffalo Senior Grain Free food, I hoped I could transition him. He literally went on a hunger strike and vet recommended I put him back on his Senior food for awhile.
Our Picky Dog Likes This Food
Our elderly dog is a pretty picky dog. There's lots of food that he refuses to eat. He has enjoyed the Blue Buffalo KS Kidney Support Grain Free Dry Dog Food. Sometimes he gets tired of his food so we have to make changes occasionally.
This is tasty too! I like it, I really like it.
I've been eating Blue Wilderness all of my 12 years on earth and all of a sudden my Vet said I need a kidney support diet. So glad Mom & dad picked this out for me. It's really tasty and I can't wait for my next meal!
Hey Mikey, he likes it!
My dog was recently diagnosed with renal disease. The vet gave me an 8 oz bag of kibble from another name brand. I was heartsick that my dog wouldn't eat it. Nor would he eat a couple of different canned renal diet foods. I was afraid his disease would cut his life even shorter by not eating his special diet food. I contacted Chewy Bout trial nags or their return policy. I was pleased to hear if my dog wouldnt eat it, thebunused portion could be returned. I decided to try the Blue Buffalo renal diet and my very picky dog liked it. He now seems to be feeling better and I know that he will have more time with me by eating what his body needs.
cellulose fiber from Plant Stems
Don’t listen to the person that left the review on June 26th. cellulose fiber Is also made from PLANT STEMS and other plant-based items. Just because it contains cellulose fiber, doesn’t mean they using fibers from wool or wood.
Grain free prescription kidney diet dogfood
We recently learned our older dog needed this special food and it can be difficult to find. I priced several and found the best price at Chewy. Not only that-but the customer service is second to none!
Low Protein Food For Dogs
I am happy that my dog likes the food. Daisy was put on a low protein food to help her kidneys. The transition to this food was seamless which was wonderful forth os us.
So far, so good!
My vet said I needed to start feeding my elderly dog a kidney-safe diet. He's been on Blue Buffalo Wilderness for years and I'm pretty sure that's part of how he's gotten to 18 and is just now having health issues. (Don't tell him he's old, though. He still thinks he's a puppy.) I'm still transitioning him, but he's eating it well. I add water to help keep him hydrated and to make it easier on his teeth. It's the same basic ingredients as his old food, but in different ratios, so I'm comfortable that it's safe for him (he has some sensitivities). The only downside is that it's expensive. Considering that it's the same ingredients as the non-prescription food, it's a steep markup. It's in line with other kidney diets, though, and if my dog will eat it and it helps keep him healthy, I'm not too mad about it.