Boxiecat Air Lightweight Extra Strength Unscented Clumping Cat Litter
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- This lightweight barley litter is made without heavy clay, making it easy to lift and pour.
- Natural probiotics gently eliminate odors without masking them.
- Non-stick clumps are easy to scoop and help reduce unwanted odors caused by bacteria and ammonia.
- Plant-based formula is biodegradable and proudly made in the USA.
- Great for protein-rich diets.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealFrisco Odor Defense Herbal Pine Scented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 35-lb bag$17.37Chewy Price$16.50Autoship Price
- DealBoxiecat Air Lightweight Unscented Premium Clumping Cat Litter, 11.5-lb bag$28.99Chewy Price$27.54Autoship Price
- DealFrisco Unscented Odor Defense Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 35-lb bag$16.16Chewy Price$15.35Autoship Price
- Boxiecat Extra Strength Unscented Premium Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 16-lb bag$17.73Chewy Price$16.84Autoship Price
- Boxiecat Gently Scented Premium Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 40-lb bag$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- DealCatalyst Pet Healthy Formula Cat Litter, 10-lb bag$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- DealAlmo Nature Unscented Clumping Grass Plant-Based Cat Litter, 5-lb bag$11.45Chewy Price$12.99List Price$10.88Autoship Price
- DealRufus & Coco Wee Kitty Unscented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 8.8-lb, case of 4$69.41Chewy Price$69.99List Price$65.94Autoship Price
- DealSanicat Evolution Adult Unscented Clumping Clay Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$12.99Chewy Price$12.34Autoship Price
- DealNext Gen Pet Products Cypress Fresh Unscented Clumping Wood Cat Litter, 14-lb bag$43.10Chewy Price$40.95Autoship Price
- DealWorld's Best Picky Cat Unscented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 12-lb bag$21.99Chewy Price$20.89Autoship Price
- DealVetbasis Herbal Lavender Scented Clumping Corn Cat Litter, 7-lb bag$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Litter Feature||Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly||Dust Free, Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly, Scented||Clumping, Unscented, Odor Control, Dust Free, Eco-Friendly|
Questions & Answers
ReviewsWrite a Review
23 Customer Reviews
Less weight = Less Quality
We switched to the original unscented Boxiecat litter almost a year ago and we love it; so we were excited to try this lightweight version. It’s all the things I hate about cat litter other than it’s not as heavy, and the cats didn’t refuse it like they have with a few others. This, by far, has the worst odor control of ANY other litter we’ve tried. The clumps STICK horribly to the side and bottom of the boxes. Urine turns it into a paste rather than a clump. There is more dust than the original. The amount of tracking is the probably worst I’ve seen.
BEST. LITTER. EVER.
This litter has been a total game changer. I'm not supposed to mention all the competitors by name, but I will say that I've been scooping litter for multiple cats for over 40 years and have tried pretty much everything, and this BLOWS EVERYTHING ELSE AWAY, including its sister clay product by the same maker. Although the gray pro bags of Boxie clump really well, I used to dread scooping the boxes because of the strain on my elbow and hand from sifting through that heavy clay. (I'm a musician, so I'm super careful with my hands.) This litter CLUMPS EVEN BETTER than the pro edition of Boxie, to my utter amazement, but it's LIGHT and EASY TO SIFT through. I'm sure the glow will wear off at some point but, after two weeks of using this, I actually still kind of enjoy scooping my 6 (!!!) litter boxes. If I could include a shrug emoji here, I would. It's just such a pleasure to have it be so freaking easy after years of struggle and to be able to leave my cats with fresh and clean smelling boxes. Some reviewers have commented on the smell. I actually find THE MILD BARLEY SCENT MUCH MORE PLEASANT AND LESS PUNGENT than the clay pro edition. It also seems to me that my cats SPRAY against the litter box walls LESS FREQUENTLY with the barley than they did with the clay - it still happens occasionally but not nearly as often, and that also simplifies box cleaning dramatically. Because the litter clumps so well, it does require a little more effort than the clay edition to detach the clumps from the sides or bottom of the box, but that's a small price to pay for sifting through what really almost feels like air for the rest of the box. You find those clumps super quickly and easily. Oh, and I forgot the whole reason I first bought it - it's super light and easy to carry. Now that just feels like a bonus. After swapping out one box per day for the first three or four days, I swapped out the rest of my boxes, and that was the last time I'll be carrying those heavy loads of clay around. Hallelujah! Could not recommend this litter more highly unless it scooped itself. Have been blabbing to everyone I know about it and waiting all week to have the time to write a proper review at my computer rather than just 5-starring on my phone. Can you imagine?
Cannot find better
One box in is in the bedroom so it has to work. This product does a great job. Very little tracking beyond mat, and unscented but hides odor well. I can't seem to switch. I don't want to risk trying another can't recommend better. I really like this for my 2 cats. Pricey but worth it. I switch to 2nd litter box by 2nd week so freshest box stays in my room. Very pleased
Cats took to it immediately
I like this litter because it contains foul smells and is easy to scoop and it's all natural. My biggest concern is dust, because one of my cats has asthma. This litter has NO DUST! It does track a lot, but any lightweight litter will. I have 4 litter boxes for 3 cats. I use this in 2 boxes, while the other litter boxes have the past litter. I still have three 20 lb. bags of it and they won't use those boxes anymore! This is expensive, so I keep checking to see if Chewy has a sale.
Read and take heed of ALL the critical reviews
Though I read the critical reviews ahead of purchase, since I had other items smashed in previous Chewy box from a heavy Boxie clay version, this time I tried the Air.. Don't make the mistake yourself. It simply is NOT worth the lightweight, unless you like lightweight smell coverage and more noticeable tracking.
We all hated it
I would give it 0 stars if I could. First of all it smells bad to me as a human. And now the cats don't want to get in their boxes and are clearly distressed. Going back to unscented Boxiecat Premium.
I'm going back to Scoop Away. The only thing better about Boxiecat is there is no dust. It tracks way more than Scoop Away. It doesn't cover the smells.
Great cat litter!
This smells amazing! Great cat litter. Highly recommend it.
I really like this litter. I believe because it is light weight my cat tracks less litter around the house and near his litter box. It truly is scentless. It clumps too much but that just makes it easier to scoop. This litter dosn't last as long as I hoped it would. I feel it is worth it for less litter around the house and the easy clumping.
Lightweight, heavy performer!
This cat litter is wonderful. I hate having to haul heavy litter and shovel through it. This does the same job, but no weight. There isn’t as much dust and my cats really seem to not notice the difference. It performs as well as the other liter I’ve used. This liter is more expensive, but the value is there!