Calm Paws Basic Inflatable Dog Collar
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Keeps pets from reaching injuries, rashes or post-surgical wounds.
- Provides a comfortable alternative to a cone and allows normal eating and drinking.
- Inflatable design deflates easily for compact storage.
- Included Calm Paws Calming Disk has a blend of soothing lavender, nepeta cataria and valerian essential oils.
- Works for dogs and kitties, too!
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Comfy Cone E-Collar for Dogs & Cats, Black, Small$17.09Chewy Price$20.99List Price
- Alfie Pet Noah Lion Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Large$18.99Chewy Price$25.99List Price
- ZenPet ZenCone Soft Recovery Dog & Cat Collar, Large$19.87Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- Comfy Cone E-Collar for Dogs & Cats, Tan, Large$35.99Chewy Price$39.49List Price
- Tulane's Closet Cover Me by Tui Adjustable Fit Long Sleeve Step-Into Dog Onesie, Pink, X-Large$38.14Chewy Price$39.95List Price
- KONG EZ Soft Collar for Dogs & Cats, X-Small$11.99Chewy Price
- Alfie Pet Zumi Soft Edge Velcro Closure Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Red, Medium$14.99Chewy Price$21.99List Price
- SunGrow Post-Surgery Soft Cone Dog & Cat Recovery Collar, Pink, Medium$13.93Chewy Price$15.99List Price$13.23Autoship Price
- CALM PAWS Calming Recovery Dog Vest, Large$45.99Chewy Price
- Comfy Cone Extender Panel, Black$13.49Chewy Price
- KONG Cloud Collar for Dogs & Cats, Large$27.97Chewy Price$34.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds||Giant Breeds|
|Health Feature||Recovery||N/A||N/A||First Aid||Recovery|
|Material||Synthetic Fabric||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Polypropylene, Plastic||Canvas||Plastic|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
257 Customer Reviews
Calm Paws Basic Inflatable Dog Collar
My dog is a greyhound, so I should have known this collar would be a FAIL. His injury was to a rear leg. He can easily reach his leg with this collar in place, because his legs are so long. The only proven way to keep my dog from reaching his rear leg was to use the plastic "cone of shame". This inflatable collar is similar to those neck collars you see humans use on airplanes. I suppose this would work on dogs with shorter legs or that have an injury close to their shoulder or back ... just not a dog with long legs and a leg injury. Not recommended. Not worth the hassle to return, even IF a return was possible
Worked like a charm
I purchased this after we brought our puppy home from the vet wearing a cone. He didn’t mind the cone but I felt bad for him because he was crashing into walls and having trouble eating and drinking. This was a life saver and worked perfectly. He seemed much more comfortable and didn’t mind it. He even had his own pillow :) It is a must!
Didn't work for us
The product itself is made well and is easy to use, however our dog was flexible enough to still be able to reach his leg and lick his incision. If there were sizes available besides neck circumference it might have worked better for us. He needed something a bit wider and deeper to keep him from being able to curl around and get at his leg.
Does not work on my big dogs
I have 2 gsd that just got fixed. My male is 10 months old and 76 lbs. My female is 8 months and 54 lbs. I got these collars from the vet at their recommendation because with an e cone they would end up destroying everything in the house. I got an xl for my big boy and a lg for my sweet girl. They fit fine they are much more comfortable hitting you in the back of the legs but......they dont work. Both dogs can reach their incisions. If you have a large long dog, I would not recommend it.
This is an excellent alternative to the plastic cone. I researched a few different products prior to my Labradoodle's spaying. Unfortunately, due to my Labradoodle's length, she was able to reach her incision.
This is a great idea but not helpful for a German Shepherd. It isn't wide or thick enough to keep them from chewing on any part of their body. It did not freak her out like the standard cones. It might work ok for a dog that has a short face or body. I wish I had saved the packaging so it could have been returned.
great cone alternative!!
my one year old dog would not tolerate the plastic cone provided by the vet - I was worried she was going to injure herself trying to get it off. A friend recommended an inflatable cone instead and this one is great!! it’s very soft and easy to get on and off. The sizing chart seems accurate, I measured the length of her collar and ordered the large based on the measurement and it fits perfectly. For reference she is a 40 pound PWD. Seems to work well to keep her away from her spay stitches.
This worked for my fur baby
I saw in the reviews this didn't work for some dogs but for my 23 pound guy it worked very well. When I put it on the first thing he did was eat and drink. He seemed much less stressed and more comfortable vs the collar. If you have to stop them licking a front paw it wouldn't work and, as others mentioned, you do have to inflate it more periodically. I didn't need to thread it through his collar for it to fit. I purchased a medium.
not for large dogs
Collar fit okay on him but did not stop my dog from being able to lick himself. My dog is an Alaskan Malamute. This doesn’t appear to work for larger dogs. Would like to return.
My small dog was going out through my field fence and getting in the road.. I used the inflatable collar around her neck to make it impossible for her to fit through the fence!!! It has worked very well and she doesn’t mind the collar at all!