CANIDAE All Life Stages Less Active Chicken, Turkey, & Lamb Meal Formula Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Contains 27% less fat than the Multi-Protein CANIDAE All Life Stages formula.
- Includes HealthPLUS Solutions, a trio of probiotics, antioxidants and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Made free of common food allergens including corn, wheat and soy.
- Vet-formulated for all dogs, and especially less active overweight and senior dogs.
- Premium ingredients include animal protein sources plus rice, barley, fruit and vegetables.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- dealAmerican Journey Active Life Formula Large Breed Salmon, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Freedom Large Breed Adult Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 24-lb bag$67.98Chewy Price$74.99List Price$64.58Autoship Price
- dealAmerican Journey Active Life Formula Large Breed Chicken, Brown Rice & Vegetables Recipe Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$54.92Chewy Price$52.17Autoship Price
- dealWellness CORE Ocean Whitefish, Herring & Salmon Recipe Dry Dog Food, 12-lb bag$45.98Chewy Price$47.99List Price$34.94Autoship Price
- Blackwood 1000 Chicken Meal & Oats Recipe Everyday Diet Adult Dry Dog Food, 30-lb bag$42.74Chewy Price$45.99List Price$40.60Autoship Price
- dealWellness Turkey & Duck Stew with Sweet Potatoes & Cranberries Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$46.56Chewy Price$47.88List Price$44.23Autoship Price
- dealWellness Complete Health Duck & Sweet Potato Formula Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$44.16Chewy Price$45.48List Price$41.95Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Large Breed Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$34.04Chewy Price$41.88List Price$32.34Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Freedom Puppy Chicken Recipe Grain-Free Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$36.00Chewy Price$45.00List Price$34.20Autoship Price
- dealWellness CORE Grain-Free Whitefish, Salmon & Herring Formula Canned Dog Food, 12.5-oz, case of 12$46.56Chewy Price$47.88List Price$44.23Autoship Price
- dealWellness Complete Health Senior Deboned Chicken & Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food, 15-lb bag$44.98Chewy Price$46.99List Price$37.90Autoship Price
- Blue Buffalo Basics Skin & Stomach Care Healthy Weight Turkey & Potato Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$20.98Chewy Price$23.99List Price$19.93Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice...||Lamb Meal, Peas, Brown Rice...||Chicken Meal, Barley, Peas...||Salmon Meal, Brown Rice, Millet...|
|Special Diet||Weight Control, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Chicken-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Pea-Free, Non-GMO...|
|Health Feature||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Digestive Health||Skin & Coat Health, Immune Support, Digestive Health||Digestive Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, Poultry, Meat, Seafood & Fish||Lamb, Meat||Chicken, Poultry||Venison, Salmon, Lamb, Meat, Seafood & Fish|
Questions & Answers
19 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
228 Customer Reviews
We have two German Shepherds, one 9, one 5. Our trainer, a former military dog handler and current kennel owner, recommended Canidae and advised us to look it up as well as the food we had been giving our dogs, which turned out to have some nutrition issues. We switched to Canidae and are comfortable that the dogs are getting good nutrition. Recently switched the older dog to Canidae for less active dogs (he's overweight after being neutered) and my only complaint is they only sell it in 30# bags. I prefer to buy in bulk and the smaller bag is annoying.
Literally crummy kibble
I bought a 30lb the 1st week of Dec 2021. It contained a lot of crumbs, but I chaulked it up to bring dropped a lot during shipment, so I ordered another 30lb bag 3 weeks later, and it was even worse. At least 1/5 of the bag was crumbs - so much so that my dogs sometimes coughed while eating the kibble. I ended up tediously sifting out the crumbs with a colander to salvage the whole kibbles. Afterward, I had enough crumbs to fill a 3 gallon bucket! I’ve not had this issue with any other brand I’ve purchased thru the mail from Chewy, and it occurred in 2 distinct bags shipped weeks apart, so I think it was a production issue. My dogs enjoyed it otherwise.
Crumbs or Kibble
My miniature poodle has digestive issues. He has been eating this food for a couple years now. I am about to switch it, simply because there are tons and tons of crumbs in the bag. Not sure why that is? It’s like that with all of the food I buy from them. It’s extremely annoying. The food itself is a limited ingredient and probably everything we need… However the crumbs and presentation is absolutely awful.
Didn't know Chewy's had small boxes....
After the loss of our big dog, we only had to buy food for the little one. When we received our last Chewy's order, my hubby came in and said, "I didn't know Chewy's had boxes this small!" Stevie loves her Canidae and this is a new flavor for her. She's 15 years old and very healthy. The vet feels it is due to her being on Canidae since we rescued her back in 2011. :) I would also like to thank Chewy's for the beautiful flowers that arrived after the passing of our boxer boy. It was very unexpected and thoughtful!
Good for me
I really like these. I have lost 10 pounds in 2 months. I am a 8 yr. Old border collie.
Briscoe the Briard LOVES it!
Briscoe is our 11 year old Briard. He had been thriving on regular Canidae kibble since we adopted him as a one year old, until our vet recommended putting him on a weight control food when he developed arthritis last year. We switched him to Brand N Weight Control, but Briscoe was no longer finishing his morning or evening meals. Then we found Canidae Less Active and he is back to cleaning his bowl every meal. Plus, the calorie count is even lower than the Brand N that he disliked! So glad we "came home" to Canidae.
Great food for an older dog
I have an 11 year old lab where I had to change her food. I am able to feed her a decent amount and less calories has been very helpful for maintaining her weight
My dog turns her nose up at a lot of different foods, including this one. I was hoping she’d finally like something. So I’ll keep trying.
Full of crumbs
As other reviewers have stated, this food has an unacceptable amount of crumbs in it. I read the reviews, but thought I would take a chance. I think the food itself is OK, but the amount of crumbs is not. The size of the kibble is quite small, not sure if that has anything to do with it crumbling so easily or not. Unfortunately I purchased 2 bags. I won't buy this brand again.
Most of the bag were like grains of sand and the kibble that were there all had crumbs all over them