Capstar Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, over 25 lbs
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations on dogs, weighing 25.1-125 pounds and 4 weeks of age and older. For dogs, puppies, cats and kittens 2-25 pounds of body weight, use Capstar 11.4 mg tablets.
- Use when pets are likely to be exposed to fleas, such as in dog parks, at shows, or other areas.
- Safe to give as often as once daily if re-infestation occurs.
- Kills adult fleas on your dog within 4 hours of administration.
- Safe for pregnant or nursing dogs.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 23-110 lbs, 30 Soft Chews$56.98Chewy Price$54.13Autoship Price
- Project Paws Brewer’s Yeast & Garlic Natural Flea & Tick Repellent for Dogs, 300 Chewable tablets$14.99Chewy Price$14.24Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 23-44 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
- PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$39.99Chewy Price$44.99List Price$37.98Autoship Price
- K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, over 55 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$67.98Chewy Price$69.98List Price$64.58Autoship Price
- Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs, over 18 lbs, 1 Collar (8-mos. supply)$54.88Chewy Price$62.98List Price$52.14Autoship Price
- Frontline Gold Flea & Tick Treatment for Large Dogs, 45-88 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$49.99Chewy Price$57.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- Advantus Flea Oral Treatment for Dogs, 4-22 lbs, 7 Soft Chews$26.98Chewy Price$22.78Autoship Price
- TevraPet FirstAct Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 6 - 22 lbs, 3 Doses (3-mos. supply)$16.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price
- PetHonesty Flea & Tick Defense Hickory Bacon Flavor Soft Chew Dog Flea & Tick Repellent, 90 count$27.99Chewy Price$26.59Autoship Price
- Hartz Ultra Guard ProMax Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs, Gray, 2 collars (12-mos. supply)$32.97Chewy Price$31.32Autoship Price
- Onguard Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Dogs, 89-132 lbs, 6 Doses (6-mos. supply)$28.49Chewy Price$27.07Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, Giant Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Lifestage||Adult, Puppy||Adult||Adult, Puppy, Senior||Adult, Puppy||Adult, Puppy, Kitten, Senior|
|Top Ingredients||—||—||Imidacloprid.||Imidacloprid.||Active Ingredients : Proprietary blend of (Brewers Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Cyanocobalamin...|
Questions & Answers
21 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
593 Customer Reviews
didn’t last long
After reading the reviews, it would either eve good or bad. For us, it barely worked. We have a lot of sand in our driveway that we walk when walking our dog, maybe sand fleas are harder to keep off, idk. I know I gave my dog a pill, the next day he seemed to scratch less but by day 4 he was right back at scratching and biting. I could see live fleas crawling through his fur as well. So back on the hunt for something for him.
I have 3 Boxers and a Shihtzu and bought this product to try because of the cost from the vet. It has worked great for all 4 of my dogs for well over a year now. I bathed my dogs then gave them the recommended dose. Gave them another dose a couple of days later bathed them again and have not had a problem with fleas since.
Does a great job
This stuff works fabulous If u have a flea infestation. I used this every 48 hours if I saw fleas for 7 days. Since it works 24 to 48 hrs only. Between treating the yard and house and the help of capstar the fleas are gone. Revolution wasn't working, switched to nexstar which is made by same company as capstar and more fleas! Fabulous product. Used this on 3 different dogs, and it worked for all. No upset tummies gave with food. No negative reactions. Called company to confirm instructions and if u have infestation you can give 1 pill a day during infestation. I waited 48 personally bc I felt more comfortable since the product may work up to 48 hr. But that would depend on your personal situation and the number of fleas on dog you may need to give daily. But I didn't.
This product does work but if your flea infestation is bad you have to give a pill every 1-2 days and continue until your flea problem is under control. Since it won’t kill eggs or larvae you have to be consistent in administering it. It states that it is only effect for 24-48 hours. I use it as a preventative measure and so far it works really well. It’s also the least expensive alternative so far.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
I haven't had any flea issues in over 15 yrs. I have 4 dogs now just lost one to old age. So Heartbroken right now. Anyway I have 3 under 20 lb dogs and gave them 1 pill 2 days straight of 25lbs and over and one Golden I bought onguard for her also not working. I've also been using house and dog body Adams spray so I have been relentless in getting rid of these flea's. To no Avail. Nothing has worked NOTHING... I'm on a fixed budget so this is really costing me money i don't have for zero results. I'm moving on to Diatomaceous Earth since i've heard good thing's about it. I will dust my front yard and inside and my pets. It's non toxic food grade so crossing my fingers this will end the nightmare that is fleas !! oh and I even bathed them all in Dawn that worked momentarily :(
Bought these in the small dog and large dog size. I'm very disappointed they only worked for about 5 days. My poor dogs. Definitely looking for a different flea treatment.
It's supposed to protect for a month but it worked for barely 2 weeks. The fleas seemed more attracted to my pets after using this.
After taking the pills my dogs had no such flees and stopped scratching themselves.
Fleas still here
No change. Dogs still have fleas and itching. Have everyday with no luck
Too early to tell
Administered the pill . . . Will follow with additional pill(s). At this time too early to tell. She still scratches by her collar -- could be collar.