Carefresh Small Animal Bedding, Natural
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Provides all the features small pet lovers care about, to keep your little furball healthy and clean.
- Made from comfyfluff—a natural reclaimed paper fiber that's biodegradable and compostable.
- Proven odor control formula suppresses overpowering ammonia odors for up to ten days.
- Dry bedding is comfortable bedding, which is why carefresh works to be 2X more absorbent than wood shavings.
- High-performance bedding is virtually dust-free so both you and your pet can breathe easy.
When changing bedding types or brands, it is best to mix old and new bedding, changing over the course of 7-10 days.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding, White, 10-L$10.37Chewy Price$10.99List Price$9.85Autoship Price
- Brown's Naturally Fresh! Soft Pine Bird & Small Animal Bedding, 20-L$7.18Chewy Price$8.99List Price$6.82Autoship Price
- Living World Pine Shavings Small Animal Bedding, 10-L$4.43Chewy Price$4.99List Price$4.21Autoship Price
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding, Confetti, 23-L$11.99Chewy Price$17.99List Price$11.39Autoship Price
- Vitakraft Fresh World Ultra Strength Litter Box & Cage Small Animal Bedding, 35-lit$24.99Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.74Autoship Price
- Kaytee Clean & Cozy Natural Small Animal Bedding, 49.2-L$16.99Chewy Price$20.99List Price$16.14Autoship Price
- Oxbow Pure Comfort Small Animal Bedding, Natural, 56-L$18.88Chewy Price$19.49List Price$17.94Autoship Price
- Carefresh Small Animal Nesting, White, 23-L$17.99Chewy Price$17.09Autoship Price
- Kaytee Kay Kob Bird & Small Animal Natural Bedding & Litter, 25-lb bag$22.98Chewy Price$24.99List Price$21.83Autoship Price
- Carefresh Small Animal Bedding, Blue, 50-L$19.99Chewy Price$29.99List Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Kaytee Soft Granule Blend Lavender Scented Small Animal Bedding, 27.5-L$25.00Chewy Price$39.99List Price$23.75Autoship Price
- ComfyCritter Small Animal Bedding, 41.9-L$29.99Chewy Price$28.49Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Small Pet Type||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...||Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Chinchilla...|
|Litter Feature||Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly||Eco-Friendly||Odor Control|
|Litter & Bedding Type||Paper||Paper||Paper||Paper||Paper|
Questions & Answers
22 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
592 Customer Reviews
Why change the composition?
I’ve been happy with this product for several years. However, my last order was totally different. The product does not expand to the previous volume and I’ve run through it much more quickly. I’m going to try one more time and then will need to find an alternative.
I have been buying the natural Carefresh bedding for two years now. The last six months I have noticed the natural bedding smells like kerosene. Stinks up the whole house and there is no way I'm using this for my guinea pigs! Carefresh quality is going down the drain. I recommend not buying this!
I have had rabbits since 2014 and have really only used this brand of litter from the beginning. To this day, I have had no issues with the product, it does it’s job and I’ve never had to worry about the quality. Today as I was changing the litter box, I noticed a bunch of dark bits and a little shard of what looked to be glass. Thought that it was really weird, but maybe it was from the container I kept it in (not likely, but you never know). So I threw that away and tried again and sure enough, same thing, and another little shard. Don’t know what’s going on, hopefully just a bad batch. Be aware and check your litter.
Great for hedgehogs
I purchased this to use as bedding for my hedgehog, Pepper. It worked well at absorbing the waste as well as hiding any odors. My hedgehog is sick now and she doesn’t have much time left, and so I use a bit extra bedding for her to dig in because it’s her favorite thing to do. The bedding helps me make Pepper’s last days joyful ones.
This material is a great nest builder! I don't cover the entire bottle of the cage with it, as my hamster insists on using all the fluffy stuff for her nest. I use smaller absorbant granules throughout the rest of the cage. This material is clean and was on sale, so the big bag will last me a while and was a great price!
Not My Favorite
I bought this bedding thinking it was a good deal, but don't plan on re-ordering. I have used the white version of the same bedding before, and in comparison, the natural is much more hard and rough. I prefer the softer white bedding for my bunny, and he seems to as well. He has just been pushing this stuff out of his way which kind of defeats the purpose. Giving this 2 stars because it has done a decent job absorbing urine and controlling odor, but the white is just a good, feels way better, and is bunny-paw approved.
Perfect for guinea pigs
My guinea pigs love this bedding and so do I! It’s soft, comfy, and absorbent. I cover a puppy training pad with this bedding and it’s the perfect mix to keep two guinea pigs’ cage suitable for about 6 days.
We love this bedding in any color. It is normally a little less expensive on Chewy than in stores, and is much safer than pine bedding for a rabbit's lungs.
I use this bedding for general litterbox places, and have for years. Recently it's become impossible to come by locally, though. It is a godsend being able to order bedding online and have it delivered so quickly!
Economical & Absorbent.
I purchase on sale as bedding overall gets pricey and only lasts so long. This is a bit rough but you can add some softer stuff to to it on top or in sleeping quarters, etc. You do need to break this up in your hands as it is condensed in packaging. It holds up better than most of the softer bedding. Not overtly dusty or odd smelling.