Carlson Pet Products 30-in Extra Wide Dog Gate, Large
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Gate fits openings between 29 inches and 51 inches.
- Stands 30 inches tall.
- Lever-style handle is easy to operate and features a one-touch release safety lock.
- Walk-through design for your convenience.
- Features an integrated 8-inch x 8-inch door for smaller pets to pass through.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Steel 3-Panel Configurable Dog Gate, 30-in, Grey$70.99Chewy Price
- Regalo Widespan Extra Tall Walk-Through Gate, 37-in$54.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$74.99Chewy Price
- Summer Decorative Wood & Metal Pressure Mounted Dog Gate$98.49Chewy Price$99.99List Price
- Regalo Easy Step Extra Wide Dog Gate, 49-in, Black$49.99Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Frisco Wood & Metal Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Gray$64.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Steel Pet Gate, White, 29-in$55.39Chewy Price$104.99List Price
- Carlson Pet Products 36-in Extra Tall Dog Gate, Large, Black$52.99Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- MyPet Tall Happy Tails Walk Thru Dog Gate, 36-in, White$69.65Chewy Price$80.99List Price
- Frisco Wood Accents Extra Tall Auto-close Dog Gate, 41-in, Black$64.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Metal Pattern Extra Wide Auto-close Dog Gate, 30-in, Black$74.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Large Breeds||All Breeds|
|Material||Steel, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Metal||Steel, Plastic, Metal|
|Gate Feature||Pet Door, Walk-Through||—||Pet Door||Walk-Through||—|
|Gate Type||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted||Pressure Mounted|
Questions & Answers
12 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
27 Customer Reviews
Doesn't fit upstairs
It did not fit upstairs. It was too small without the extension and was too wide with the smallest extension. I also tried to attach it downstairs in front of the doorway entrance and the threads of the spindle rod just spun around and did not engage with the gate or ever tighten to make contact with the wall.
The description of this gate is misleading. It says fits doorways between 30-51inches. My doorway is 46 inches. With both extensions it’s about an inch too wide. Without the extra extension, I can just barely fit it between my wall with the screws stretched out all the way making the gate very unstable.
Cat didn't need little door
Bought this particular model because of the tiny bottom door in the door...thought the cat would need it...she just slips between the bars LOL. Anyway, it is good and I have bought 5 of these gates for my homes. A little difficult to install with the compression way it fits but if leaving in place for long periods this is a great gate.
Excellent Dog Gate with Cat Access
I had been looking for a dog gate with a cat door that would fit in the landing of my stairs. This gate is sturdy, good quality, and keeps my two dogs upstairs or downstairs while giving my two cats access to the whole house. It fit very securely in the space once installed. The door latch is very easy to use and both the main door and the cat door stay open when I leave them open. I was initially concerned that my older cat wouldn’t use the cat door as he is kind of tall, but they both figured it out right away. My only gripes are that the instructions aren’t clear about what configuration of gate extensions you need for what width of opening and I wish the cat door was removable as it’s sometimes in the way. Otherwise it’s the perfect solution for our household.
Gate broke in two spots
Was a nice gate but not sturdy and broke in two places making it useless
Very flimsy poor manufacture. Definitely returning this
No more wrecked guest bedroom!
My dog was continually going into the guest bedroom and throwing the pillows and bedspread off the bed. This door keeps him out of the room but the small door allows my cat to go in so that he still can look out of one of his favorite windows. Win win. Plus the door is rather nice looking. Easy to install. I recommend highly.
Best Solution for our excited puppy
This year we added a Bichon/Poodle mix puppy to our household and she is a ball of energy. She is so excitable that I thought this gate would allow us to use the front door without worry for her to go charging through, and it worked! I also love the tension style as it doesn't damage walls. I am more than happy with this purchase.
Not quite sturdy enough
With both extensions in this gate is a little flimsy. It would be a lot more sturdy in a standard door frame. My dog (55 lbs) broke this in less than two months, the door is only welded on on one side top and instead of all the way around. That is where it broke. I would only recommend to someone with small/medium dogs or if your dog would never jump on this gate.
Love it so much
This gate closes off two hallways so nicely. I look forward to using the kitty gate when our puppy gets a little larger. Nice astetic and good construction.