Castor & Pollux PRISTINE Grain-Free Wild-Caught Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Pristine is the only complete line of pet food made entirely with responsibly sourced ingredients from suppliers.
- The very first ingredient is wild-caught salmon that is responsibly caught by a certified sustainable fishery.
- Real organic sweet potatoes, peas, apples and blueberries are sustainably grown without synthetic fertilizers or chemical pesticides.
- Grain-free, potato-free and poultry-free recipe contains no corn, soy, wheat or gluten ingredients and no artificial preservatives, flavors or colors.
- Cooked with love in a U.S. kitchen to deliver wholesome, complete and balanced nutrition for dogs of all breeds and life stages.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Castor & Pollux Pristine Grain-Free Free-Range Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe with Raw Bites Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$88.98Chewy Price$84.53Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux Pristine Grain-Free Grass-Fed Beef & Sweet Potato Recipe with Raw Bites Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$88.98Chewy Price$74.37Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux Pristine Healthy Grains Wild-Caught Salmon & Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$88.98Chewy Price$84.53Autoship Price
- CANIDAE PURE Petite Adult Small Breed Grain-Free with Lamb Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- CANIDAE PURE Petite Adult Small Breed Grain-Free with Chicken Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- CANIDAE PURE Petite Adult Small Breed Grain-Free with Salmon Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$19.99Chewy Price$18.99Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux ORGANIX Organic Chicken & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$24.98Chewy Price$28.99List Price$23.73Autoship Price
- Tender & True Organic Grain-Free Chicken & Liver Recipe Dry Dog Food, 20-lb bag$66.29Chewy Price$77.99List Price$62.98Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux Pristine Healthy Grains Grass-Fed Beef & Oatmeal Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$85.98Chewy Price$74.37Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux Organix Healthy Grains Organic Small Breed Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$57.98Chewy Price$61.49List Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Castor & Pollux ORGANIX Organic Small Breed Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 10-lb bag$57.98Chewy Price$61.49List Price$52.24Autoship Price
- Earthborn Holistic Small Breed Dry Dog Food, 4-lb bag$18.93Chewy Price$17.98Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Top Ingredients||Salmon, Whitefish Meal, Organic Sweet Potatoes...||New: Beef, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal...||Beef, Chicken Meal, Organic Sweet Potatoes...||Salmon, Turkey Meal, Chickpeas...||Organic Chicken, Organic Chicken Meal, Organic Sweet Potatoes...|
|Special Diet||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free...||Grain-Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Raw, Natural||Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Sensitive Digestion...||Grain-Free||Grain-Free, Organic, No Corn No Wheat No Soy...|
|Health Feature||N/A||N/A||Skin & Coat Health, Digestive Health, High-Energy||N/A||Skin & Coat Health, Hip & Joint Support, Digestive Health|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Beef, Meat||Beef, Sweet Potato, Meat, Fruits & Vegetables||Salmon||Chicken, Sweet Potato, Poultry, Fruits & Vegetables|
Questions & Answers
7 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
84 Customer Reviews
I have a dog who is allergic to chicken. It is surprising how hard it is to find dog food and treats that do not contain chicken in some form. This is chicken free and she likes it!
My dogs like it.
My dogs enjoy this food, and I enjoy giving them quality food. It does smell a little fishy like other reviews have said, but I honestly have gotten used to it.
Great product and service
Thank you Chewy for offering this product. Tank has been eating Castor &Pollux for years. I ran out of food for my boy, cannot drive and was worried about receiving this order. Because of your great company and your choice of carrier, I received it today! Thank you so very much.
Saved My Pitbulls Skin
My 3 year old pitbull has been eating this for a little over a year. She used to get these bumps and blisters all over her skin and she would be really itchy all the time and we changed her food MULTIPLE times and used all different shampoos/products etc on her skin to try to get rid of the bumps. I googled foods for pits with sensitive skin and this showed up. once we switched, she never got the bumps again!! I don’t care if it smells fishy, this food saved my girls skin and I’m forever grateful. Also I know it’s the food that helped because one time I bought the wrong bag of C&P and she immediately broke out in bumps. I had to throw it out and buy the correct one. Really great for dogs with sensitive skin!
My dog likes it.
I Googled dog food produced organically and without glyphosate (round up). I ordered the salmon and sweet potato 18 pound bag and Chewy had the best price that I could fine. It is also grain free.
Dogs love it
My picky dogs love this food. They both actually finish their meals because they like it so much. They are also both allergic to chicken so this product is great for their allergies.
Good, but not for picky pups
I've said it before, my Yorkie is picky. Turns his nose up at table food picky. He only eats Cesar's wet food, but only certain flavors and Royal Canin. Anything else and he won't go for it. I tried mixing it with his food and he picked it out and left any he got in his mouth in a pile by his bowl. The ingredients all had "natural" next to them. Natural lamb, natural salmon were 2 of the first 5 ingredients so if you're looking for something healthy or at least not full of bone meal and fillers, this is a good brand, just not my picky eater
Not right & smells strong
There are no dry freeze bits in the bags. It also smells really strong (disturbingly strong). I don’t think I can give this to my dog. Pls don’t send another one. This brand was really good when I first started with it but it’s not the case any longer. I opened the bag but can I send it back?
Smells terrible, but I know it's good for my dog
Disclaimer: I received this product for free for my honest response/review. First off all, this smells terribly fishy. That said, I know that I am feeding the best ingredients to my dog. I gave it to my two dogs, a rescue Australian Cattle Dog/Mountain cur mix and my german shepherd. My shepherd was not a fan, but my rescue dog loved eating this. My issue with this is that while it is high quality, my dogs are too large and would require too much of this very expensive food so I wouldn't really want to give this to them on a regular basis. If I had smaller dogs and/or more disposable income, sure.
He gobbled it down
My 9-year-old goldendoodle has become a little picky with his food lately. I gave this Pristine grain-free salmon & sweet potato flavor to him and he seemed to enjoy it! I can't speak for longevity, such as shiny coat etc., but in the short run, it has not made him ill or anything. I slowly mixed it with his previous dog food and then finally only serving Pristine for a few days and he seemed to perk up a little more to try something different. While the price is a little higher than my dog's regular food, this food appears to be of a higher quality. I would definitely consider changing his food based on the ingredient list for this brand. I have received a sample of this dog food from the manufacturer in exchange for my review.