Cat Craft 40-in Sisal Cat Scratching Post
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Cover Material||Faux Fur, Synthetic Fabric||N/A, Sisal, Plant Material||Faux Fur, Sisal, Plant Material, Synthetic Fabric||Felt, Sisal, Plant Material, Synthetic Fabric||Sisal, Plant Material|
|Furniture Features||N/A||N/A||Anchoring Kit Included||Hanging Toys||N/A|
|Furniture Frame Material||Cardboard||Engineered Wood, Wood||Engineered Wood, Wood||Cardboard||Engineered Wood, Wood|
|Height Range||31 inches to 59 inches||31 inches to 59 inches||31 inches to 59 inches||30 inches & under||30 inches & under|
|Furniture Mount Type||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing||Free Standing|
About This Item
- This sisal-covered scratching post provides your kitty with a satisfying surface to scratch and claw.
- Helps prevent unwanted damage to carpets and furniture.
- Features a durable construction and stable base.
- Includes 2 detachable toys for extra fun and excitement—a pom-pom toy and a spring-loaded toy.
- Available in multiple stylish colors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco 33.5-in Sisal Cat Scratching Post, Gray$34.99Chewy Price
- Two By Two City Cat Deluxe European 24-in Faux-Fur Cat Scratching Post, Grey$65.99Chewy Price$68.49List Price
- Frisco 68-in Faux Fur Cat Tree & Condo, Gray$87.41Chewy Price
- CatastrophiCreations Sisal Cat Climbing Pole, 4-tier, Natural$184.00Chewy Price
- Go Pet Club 35-in Cat Scratching Post, Gray$49.00Chewy Price$79.99List Price
- Penn-Plax Corner Wall 30-in Sisal Cat Scratcher$76.31Chewy Price
- Go Pet Club 29-in Sisal Cat Scratching Post, Beige$46.16Chewy Price$59.99List Price
- Royal Cat Boutique 35-in Cat Scratching Post, Neutral$115.00Chewy Price
- Two By Two City Cat Deluxe European 38-in Faux Fur Cat Tree, Beige$106.59Chewy Price$111.99List Price
- Two By Two City Cat Deluxe European 58-in Faux Fur Cat Tree, Grey$145.99Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- Vesper Stool 14.57-in Modern Cat Tree, Walnut$43.75Chewy Price$71.99List Price
- Royal Cat Boutique 30-in Pyramid Cat Scratcher, Neutral$62.00Chewy Price
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
8 Customer Reviews
Excellent height for my big kitties
Nice tall scratcher. My long lean Max can really stretch out and get a satisfying scratch. He can even properly climb it using all four feet. It was easy to put together. I couldn’t figure out the spring toy that attaches to the base. I think perhaps the thing that is was supposed to attach to was missing. No problem though, as the cats would probably ignore it anyway. The bolt on the bottom is not recessed, so to keep it from scratching our wood floors, I cut a piece of thin self stick felt to fit and covered it. Problem solved. I also put four self stick cork chair leg sliders on the bottom of the corners. It seems very stable and I believe it will have a long useful life.
Sisal Cat Scratching post
The best cat scratching post for our cats! They love the height as they can climb it and stretch out when "doing their scratching!" Only one we will buy for our kitties going forward!
flimsy for its size
I ended up returning this for the Midwest Feline Nuvo Grand Forte 41-in Cat Scratching Post. I had bought one of those and this at the same time. So now I have 2 of the other brand. Assembly is easy. My main issue is my 3 legged Maine Coon easily tipped it over twice and one time onto him. I saw the concern in other reviews but wanted to try. The price is great, material is fine. The base needs to be bigger. If I had furniture or something I could easily weigh it down, I would be fine. If I had the time, I would make a bigger platform for it. If you are looking for a budget, large scratcher, then this will work if you modify the base or are not concerned on tipping over.
My cat is a young adult, average size, and loves to stretch out to her fullest height as she scratches. It was hard to find a tall enough post for that. This is affordable and quite stable although I do tend to worry with any of these condos/trees/posts that they may fall over on the cat if they get really crazy. I live in a rented apartment so I can't bolt anything to the floor. Ideally any of these taller structures would have extra platform space to the sides so that you could put furniture on to keep the post/condo stable. Offering optional floor board extensions to buy --- so that the floor is even around the post/condo at same height --- to put longer length shelf/tv stand/end table etc. on would be even better rather than my trying to cobble together DIY solutions that just add time onto the money. That said, so far I put it against a wall and she just likes to lean into it as she scratches and it is stable enough to withstand that.
Great deal for the long-stretch
My cat wasn’t scratching anything I had out but she would get all the way stretched out on the carpet and up on doors etc. I got this for her to go all the way up and she used it right away! Both my cats love it and climb up it like a tree sometimes too! The only downside is when they’re up on it like a tree it wobbles a little since it isn’t designed to hold weight up top. But they don’t seem to mind and it hasn’t fallen- I’ve had it about 3 weeks. Easy to assemble.
Cats love it!
Although no instructions came with this, it was so easy to assemble I didn’t need them. And my cat was clawing at it before I even had it all together! He loves it and keeps jumping on it like he’s on the hunt lol! It’s a great tall post, and a good price for what the product is.
My cat loves her new scratching post. She really likes how tall it is and enjoys jumping on it. She would like a platform on the top so she can sit on it like she does her shorter one.
Welp, I would like to say I love it.. but I can’t put it together because it came with instructions and no “hardware pack” it’s telling me it comes with.