As cats age, they may require food designed to help reduce nutrient excesses that could be harmful to their system. For example, high levels of sodium, phosphorus and protein can cause increased workload in the kidneys and heart. Kidneys are very important to the health of your cats because they remove waste substances from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible. The heart is the most important organ in you pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your cat's lifestyle and mood. Because the food your cat eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, at Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your older cat's kidney and heart for overall health.
- Clinical nutrition developed by nutritionists and veterinarians especially formulated to support your older cat's kidney and heart for overall health
- Reduced phosphorus to minimize stress on aging kidneys and reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Reduced protein helps decrease kidney workload and optimal fat levels reduce pancreatic workload making digestion easier for your cat
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids support kidney health and added antioxidants control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
- Added taurine helps maintain normal heart muscle function for optimal health benefits in this tasty recipe
Hill's Prescription Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Hill's Prescription Diet