Spaying or neutering changes a cat's life, and fortunately, so does Royal Canin Spayed/Neutered 12+ Dry Cat Food. Spaying and neutering is a simple operation that has a big effect on hormone levels in cats. And while these changes have many positive outcomes, like a friendlier demeanor and longer life expectancy, there is one challenge. As soon as 48 hours after surgery, changing hormones can cause a cat’s energy needs to decrease by 30% while also causing a 20% rise in appetite. This can lead to significant weight gain. As experts in health nutrition, Royal Canin designed Spayed/Neutered 12+, a specific formula that supplies a range of nutrients to promote healthy aging.
- Precisely formulated for spayed or neutered senior cats over the age of 12 years with easy-to-chew kibble.
- An exclusive complex of antioxidants, including lycopene and omega-3 fatty acids support body systems through the aging process.
- A moderate level of fat content helps your loved one maintain an ideal body weight.
- Enriched with L-carnitine plus L.I.P. digestive science innovation that uses protein selected for its high digestibility.
- Adapted phosphorous levels help to support renal function, as kidney decline is common in senior cats.
Please note this item has gone through a package change
See all items by Royal Canin