Most pets have a small frame as compared to a human, and just a few extra pounds can have a dramatic effect on their life expectancy. Also, the extra weight can lead to other serious problems such as diabetes, heart disease, joint problems, skin irritations, and urinary tract disorders. A properly balanced, calorie controlled diet is essential for safe, efficient weight loss. Simply feeding less of the current diet may not provide enough essential nutrients, and may lead to deficiencies. An effective calorie restrictive diet should be low in fat, nutrient-rich, palatable, calorie restricted, and should satisfy your pet’s appetite
- Feline Calorie Control is a high protein dry food diet that has been formulated specially for overweight or obese adult cats
- Calories are restricted while essential nutrients are increased relative to energy to ensure nutrient requirements are met
- A high protein content helps maintain muscle mass during a weight loss program.
- Contains added glucosamine and chondroitin to help support healthy bones and joints placed under stress by excess body weight
- Contains eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids which are long chain omega-3 fatty acids that promote a healthy skin and coat
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet