Most pets have a small frame as compared to a human, and just a few extra pounds can have a dramatic effect on their life expectancy. Also, the extra weight can lead to other serious problems such as diabetes, heart disease, joint problems, skin irritations, and urinary tract disorders.A properly balanced, calorie controlled diet is essential for safe, efficient weight loss. Simply feeding less of the current diet may not provide enough essential nutrients, and may lead to deficiencies. An effective calorie restrictive diet should be low in fat, nutrient-rich, palatable, calorie restricted, and should satisfy your pet’s appetite.
- Feline Calorie Control is a high protein canned food diet that has been formulated specially for overweight or obese adult cats
- Calories are controlled to restrict energy intake and promote healthy weight loss while amount of essential nutrients are increased relative to energy to ensure nutrient requirements are met
- Contains added levels of glucosamine and chondroitin to help support healthy bones and joints placed under stress by excess body weight
- Formula features a high protein content to ensure maintenance of lean body mass
- S/O Index® promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet