Most pets have a small frame as compared to a human, and just a few extra pounds can have a dramatic effect on their life expectancy. Also, the extra weight can lead to other serious problems such as diabetes, heart disease, joint problems, skin irritations, and urinary tract disorders. A properly balanced, calorie controlled diet is essential for safe, efficient weight loss. Simply feeding less of the current diet may not provide enough essential nutrients, and may lead to deficiencies. An effective calorie restrictive diet should be low in fat, nutrient-rich, palatable, calorie restricted, and should satisfy your pet’s appetite.
- Feline Calorie Control is a high protein canned diet that has been formulated for overweight or obese adult cats
- All essential nutrients are increased relative to energy to ensure nutrient requirements are met during weight loss
- Contains enhanced levels of glucosamine and chondroitin help promote joint health due to strain placed on joints from excess weight
- High protein content of diet ensures maintenance of lean body mass during weight loss
- Royal Canin Urinary S/O Index® promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet