Lower urinary tract disease (LUTD) refers to a group of disorders that commonly leads to irritation of the urinary tract and corresponding undesirable clinical signs. What causes Lower Urinary Tract Disease? In cats, bacterial infections are far less common. Urinary crystals and stones are often linked to this disease. The most common cause of Lower Urinary Tract Disease in cats is idiopathic cystitis. This diet promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Feline Urinary SO is a complete and balanced diet for adult cats to aid in the nutritional management of calcium oxalate and struvite urolithiasis, recommended for cats at risk of developing lower urinary tract disease
- Provides nutrition that aids in the management of pure struvite uroliths.
- Royal Canin Urinary SO Index® promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
- Increasing the urine volume simultaneously reduces the saturation of urine with calcium oxalate and struvite crystals
- Relative Super Saturation (RSS) methodology predicts the crystallization potential of urine; RSS is used to develop diets that lower the concentration of ions contributing to struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet