Lower urinary tract disease (LUTD) refers to a group of disorders that commonly leads to irritation of the urinary tract and corresponding undesirable clinical signs. What causes Lower Urinary Tract Disease? In cats, bacterial infections are far less common. Urinary crystals and stones are often linked to this disease. The most common cause of Lower Urinary Tract Disease in cats is idiopathic cystitis. This diet promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Feline Urinary SO Moderate Calorie is a highly digestible, palatable, complete and balanced adult cat food recommended for cats at risk of developing lower urinary tract disease and who are predisposed to weight gain
- Royal Canin Urinary SO Index® promotes a urinary environment unfavorable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
- Moderate calorie content supports healthy weight
- Relative super saturation (RSS) methodology predicts the crystallization potential of urine. RSS is used to develop diets for cats prone to both struvite and oxalate urolithiasis.
- Provides nutrition that aids in the management of pure struvite uroliths
Note: Royal Canin Veterinary Diets require a veterinary prescription. This product will not be shipped until a copy of a valid prescription authorization is faxed to 1-800-619-7973 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See all items by Royal Canin Veterinary Diet