- Fill the Grass Planter base with water and allow the seeds to soak overnight.
- Cover the bowl with a sheet of paper towel.
- Rinse and pour the seeds into the bowl to let dry for a few hours.
- Afterwards, keep the seeds moist with a wet paper towel or spray bottle.
- Keep at it until the seeds have sprouted. Lift them out by holding the paper towel by its corners.
- Add the bag of vermiculite to the bowl.
- Spread the sprouted seeds evenly onto the vermiculite surface. Do not mix.
- Add the grid cover once the grass starts growing.
- Water every so often. After a few days, the grass is ready.
- All components can be cleaned with warm water and a soft sponge, using dishwashing soap. Never use aggressive cleaning agents or an abrasive sponge.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for the grass to grow?
It takes about 10 days for the grass to become fully grown.
How long does the grass stay good for once it is fully grown?
Once fully grown, the grass will stay fresh for about 1-2 weeks.
How do I prevent the seeds from rotting?
Keep the seeds moist, not wet. If you give the seeds too much water, they will start to rot and mold will appear. For more information on how to grow the cat grass, check out the planting instructions.
How do I clean the Grass Planter?
All components can be cleaned with warm water and a soft sponge, using dishwashing soap. Never use aggressive cleaning agents or an abrasive sponge.
Where can I buy the seeds and vermiculite?
The Catit Cat Grass Kit contains 3 bags of seeds and 3 bags of vermiculite.