CLAWGUARD Heavy Duty Door Scratch Shield, 44 x 20 in
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Over time, it trains your dog to stop scratching and is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Easy to install by just placing onto doorknob or securing with optional hook-and-loop fastener; includes optional fuzzy fastener disc.
- Made in the USA with 100% recyclable polymer plastic, and can be customized to fit any area with scissors; guard measures 44 inches tall and 20 inches wide.
- Patent pending guard is two times stronger to shield your door, doorframe, or wall from larger dogs who scratch.
- One side has ridges so you can hear your pal scratching at it from a distance, and the other side is smooth to silence scratching noises.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- CLAWGUARD Original Door Scratch Shield, 43 x 18 in$29.95Chewy Price
- MyPet Safety Paws Grip & Glide Cabinet Locks for Dog & Cat, Gray, 3 count$9.49Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- CLAWGUARD Furniture Scratch Shields, 2 count, Small$14.95Chewy Price
- Educator By E-Collar Technologies Educator E-Fence Underground Fence Dog Containment System Boundary Flags$7.66Chewy Price$12.99List Price
- PoochieBells The Original Dog Training Potty Doorbell, Cherry Red$18.99Chewy Price
- MyPet Safety Paws Door Paw-Tector for Dog & Cat, Gray$7.99Chewy Price$9.99List Price
- The Company of Animals Pet Corrector Dog Training Aid, 200-mL, 4 count$53.28Chewy Price$140.00List Price
- DealRemington Trail Scent Dog Training Scent, Grouse, 4-oz bottle$8.76Chewy Price$19.99List Price
- SportDOG SAC00-11774 Deluxe Heel Dog Training Stick$11.99Chewy Price$14.95List Price
- Cool Runners Agility Lightweight PVC Dog Training Tunnel, 15-ft$147.60Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- DealLink My Pet Dog GPS & Activity Tracker with Training Tools & Wrap, Blue$109.00Chewy Price$149.00List Price
- Cool Runners Agility Lightweight PVC Dog Training Tunnel with Tunnel Bags, 15-ft$179.37Chewy Price$179.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Lifestage||Adult||Adult||—||Puppy, Kitten, Adult, Senior|
|Material||—||—||Vinyl / PVC, Plastic||Stainless Steel, Metal|
Questions & Answers
11 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
133 Customer Reviews
Didn't last two days
The dog chewed through it like it wasn't there. It is a good idea but if a medium to large size dog is stressed and coping with separation anxiety, this product is barely an obstacle.
Worked perfectly!!!!! Thank you chewy! I love love chewy my daughter and I buy from them all the time!
awkward and doesn't work
This hard piece of plastic is awkward and doesn't fit to the door correctly. Says you can cut to fit but the way it goes onto the door handle doesn't allow for you to cut much off. it only covers maybe a little over a quarter of the door. Would have worked better if it were a more accurate size made to fit the bottom half of a door but it doesn't. They only provided two velcro tabs the size of a finger print that are really only one tab because they have to velcro into each other like most 3M sticky tabs. I'm going to return the big piece of plastic which is basically what this was and just try to make my own.
Amazing product, first day I put it on the door my dogs did not jump on my doors, even when I approached the door from the outside after being gone all day at work they were sitting there looking at me When I open the door
Not For Me
This didn't work for me. The small amount of sticky squares they give you, just don't work, so my Pug got underneath and scratched the door, anyways. I then, tacked it down with double sided tape, but that didn't work well, either. I did cut it down, at the bottom, but all in all, in seems like a waste of money. For me, anyhow. I can't use it.
This is just a piece of thick plastic. Go to the hardware store and cut out the shapes you need. Waste of money.
I bought this item because my anxious rescue mix, Winnie, claws at the door, especially when I am coming home from work or someone she knows is on the other side. Since placing it on the front door, Winnie no longer jumps/scratches at the door I've noticed. I'm sure she doesn't like the scratching sound it makes or the feeling on her nails! This may not work for everyone but it is worth a try! Works great so far for our family and could be served as a good training product.
Separation Anxiety Pup
I was willing to try anything to protect my door frame and this deters my dog after letting his paws slide off of it one time. I have a pup with severe separation anxiety and this has been a great training tool for him and has brought some relief for me as well.
This scratch shield is awesome. I love that you can cut it to fit your space. It was helpful to cut the bottom so the door could swing properly and the top so we could use the deadbolt. It stays in place too. I used clear packing tape instead of the stickies provided to really keep it in place because my small dog tried to sneak behind it. Highly recommend!
Doesn't really do much
I've gotten maybe two uses of it and my dog has already chewed it to shreds.