Derby Originals Four Sided Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag
About This Item
- Patented design of this durable bag features 2-inch openings on all four sides to mimic her natural grazing behavior.
- Made of heavy-duty 1200D nylon with 211 cross stitches to stand up to your horse’s strong teeth.
- Fuzzy fastener top closure keeps her from eating out of the top of the bag; the top bull snaps also help provide further closure.
- Top hang straps are fully adjustable and replaceable; adjustable bottom strap with bull snap helps further stabilize the bag, if needed.
- Easily holds two flakes of hay and is perfect for use in the stable, in the trailer or at a show; bag measures 25 x 22 x 8 inches and is available in three colors.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- DealWeaver Leather 45 Degree Hay Bag, Cactus$37.80Chewy Price$48.69List Price
- DealDerby Originals XL Go-Around Patented Four-Sided Slow Feed Horse Hay Bale Bag, Royal Blue$84.39Chewy Price$94.99List Price
- Shires Equestrian Products Greedy Feeder Horse Hay Net, 30", bundle of 3, Red$56.40Chewy Price$59.37List Price
- DealDerby Originals Super-Tough Patented Four-Sided Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag, Petroleum Blue$55.67Chewy Price$64.99List Price
- Weaver Leather Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag, Black, bundle of 3$156.99Chewy Price
- Derby Originals Supreme Four Sided Slow Feed Horse Hay Bag, Black$64.99Chewy Price$79.95List Price
- Derby Originals Extra Large Hay Bale Cover, Royal Blue$41.95Chewy Price
- DealFreedom Feeder Slow Feeding Super Horse Day Net, White, 2-in$124.85Chewy Price$149.99List Price
- DealFreedom Feeder 4 Flake Slow Feeding Standard Horse Day Net, White, 1-in$59.40Chewy Price$69.99List Price
- DealGatsby Nylon Hay Bale Bag$19.03Chewy Price$33.99List Price
- DealGatsby Deluxe Slow Feed Horse Hay Net, 40-in, Navy$16.99Chewy Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric||Nylon, Synthetic Fabric|
|Capacity (Max)||13 lb||15 lb||—||10 lb||—|
Questions & Answers
1 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
19 Customer Reviews
The pellets nope
The freeze dried of the mealworms and river shrimp is the only part they would eat. The pellets marinate the water until it makes the water murky and dirty that’s it.
I Like It ...
My horse eats so fast & chews/shreads anything out of boredom. I thought ill try this and if it lasts a season ill be happy. Its only been a couple weeks and he hasnt made a move to chew it and it occupys him for a while. It is very well made and purple color is pretty. Things I dont like...the velcro gets hay stuck to it and tends to interfere in closure. If they could make a cover while stuffing it that would be great. I fold mine over on itself doesnt work great but better than nothing. Second thing is it isnt easy to stuff whole flakes in it, just awkward. Stuffing loose hay is messy and hard to hold bag open. I dont see a way of rectifying this issue. Lastly the price is a bit steep i think more like $35 TO $50 would make it more marketable. Overall im pleased.
THE best hay bag
I’ve gone through several Hay bags of different brands and this is absolutely the best yet. There’s web stitching on all sides,heavy duty snap buckles, and is easy to fill. Highly recommend this bag. Even got it on sale at 40% off which made it even better. I had originally ordered one and came back and ordered two more after receiving the first one!
It's exactly as described and strong enough so he can't destroy it like he does the hay nets.
Just what I needed
I bought two of these and two from Tractor Supply. This one was smaller than the ones from Tractor Supply so I use this with my goats and the other with the donkeys. The ones from Tractor Supply can hold more hay and are almost half the price. I haven't used them yet so I am not sure on durability. I used this one with my nigerian dwarf goats. You can probably put a little over two flakes of hay in the bag. My two boys go through theirs every other day. My two girls have went about a week, they hardly eat the hay right now because they still enjoy pasture. I was worried about horns and legs getting stuck but they haven't had any issues. It is hard to get hay in the bag, but not anything the bag could change. They waist a lot less hay now so I would recommend.
Awesome Hay Bag
I have been using these hay bags for a couple of years. They are extremely durable and hold 2+ flakes of hay. My horse doesn’t have any trouble cleaning out all of the hay while in her stall but they are more difficult to use on the trailer. Overall they are a great bag!
Slow feed hay bags are the best
I've been using the Derby Slow Feed bags for well over 5 years now. They are great. They keep waste to a minimum & keeps my horses from eating clumps that can be hard to digest. They prefer the bags over our regular hay racks. They are made solid & I'm still using the original ones. My horses have managed to break the straps after a few years, that I replaced, but the bags are still going strong.
Great hay bags
Love these bags. Slow feeding for my two horses. Durable and easy to fill
horse hay bag
I ordered this hay bag on Jan.19th and the clip broke in half today, I haven't even got 2 months use out of it and the last one lasted 4 years! I'm so disappointed in this low quality purchase!
My horse loves it. Has no problems. Doesn’t waste hay.