Diamond Care RX Renal Formula Adult Dry Dog Food
- FREE access to chat with licensed vets 7 days a week.
- Save 5% on all future Autoship orders.
- No fees, no commitments - cancel Autoship anytime.
Frequently Bought Together
About This Item
- Renal care formula is made with controlled levels of protein and balanced phosphorus and sodium to support normal kidney function.
- Formulated with high palatability so it’s perfect for picky eaters or dogs experiencing low appetite.
- Provides a balanced and compete diet with vitamins, minerals, omegas and guaranteed levels of antioxidants for a healthy immune system.
- Nutrient-rich and highly-digestible with proprietary, species-specific probiotics that survive and thrive in the GI tract to support immune and digestive health.
- Made in the USA with the most scientifically-advanced food safety protocols, and zero gluten, corn, wheat, fillers or artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Forza10 Nutraceutic Active Kidney Renal Support Diet Dry Dog Food, 8.8-lb bag$49.99Chewy Price$51.99List Price$47.49Autoship Price
- SquarePet VFS Low Phosphorus Formula Dry Dog Food, 4.4-lb bag$26.03Chewy Price$29.99List Price$24.73Autoship Price
- DealForza10 Nutraceutic Actiwet Renal Support Wet Dog Food, 3.5-oz, case of 12$39.99Chewy Price$37.99Autoship Price
- SquarePet VFS Digestive Support Low Fat Formula Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$80.99Chewy Price$83.99List Price$76.94Autoship Price
- SquarePet VFS Skin & Digestive Support Dry Dog Food, 4.4-lb bag$26.99Chewy Price$25.64Autoship Price
- Diamond Care Sensitive Stomach Formula Adult Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag, bundle of 2$104.48Chewy Price$109.98List Price$99.26Autoship Price
- DealForza10 Nutraceutic Active Dermo Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$89.99Chewy Price$85.49Autoship Price
- Wild Earth Healthy High-Protein Formula Dry Dog Food, 18-lb bag$90.00Chewy Price$85.50Autoship Price
- SquarePet VFS Ideal Digestion Dry Dog Food, 22-lb bag$75.99Chewy Price$83.99List Price$72.19Autoship Price
- Diamond Care Sensitive Skin Formula Adult Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag, bundle of 2$100.68Chewy Price$105.98List Price$95.65Autoship Price
- Annamaet Grain-Free Lean Low Fat Formula Dry Dog Food, 25-lb bag$80.99Chewy Price$76.94Autoship Price
- Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition Labrador Retriever Adult 5+ Dry Dog Food, 28-lb bag$104.99Chewy Price$99.74Autoship Price
Compare Similar Items
|Price Per Unit|
|Top Ingredients||Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Egg Product...||Peas, Pea Flour, Hydrolyzed Salmon...||Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat...||Chicken, Chicken By-Product Meal, Wheat...||Lamb Meal, Peas, Chickpeas...|
|Special Diet||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Gluten Free, Pea-Free...||Gluten Free, No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Limited Ingredient Diet...||Weight Control, Pea-Free, With Grain||Weight Control, Pea-Free, With Grain||No Corn No Wheat No Soy, Grain-Free, Gluten Free, Weight Control|
|Health Feature||Kidney Care, Immune Support, Digestive Health, Skin & Coat Health||Skin & Coat Health||Hip & Joint Support, Dental & Breath Care, Muscle Care||Hip & Joint Support, Dental & Breath Care, Muscle Care||—|
|Breed Size||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds||Medium Breeds||Small Breeds, Extra Small Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds, Large Breeds, All Breeds|
|Food Flavor||Chicken, Poultry||Salmon, Seafood & Fish||Chicken, Poultry||Chicken, Poultry||Meat|
Questions & Answers
8 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
36 Customer Reviews
Love this food!!!
This food doesn't have all the misc garbage the other renal foods have. My dog loves it and it is giving her the nutrition and supplements she needs.
She doesn't like it
I am sure this is a good food, so I gave it 3 stars,even though my dog won't eat it.Savannah is a voracious eater and usually eats anything I give her,but she doesn't like this stuff. It is probably good for her as she has an enlarged spleen. She is almost 15 so I want her to enjoy the time she has left( She is a big girl,so already past her life expectancy.I will have to look for another low protein food.Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Dog refused others but loves this one
I feel bad for the bad reviews. Renal failure makes dogs not feel well and hard to have an appetite. My guy refused his proplan prescription food 3 months in and this food has been our savior the last 8 months. I mix it with a the lowest protein regular food I can find because even if his life is shorter he’ll be happier that way. Eating something is top priority! I also use the product Origins 5-in-1 ordered from Chewy as a food topper and motivator. I suspect he doesn’t have more than another year left and I’m not begging him to eat. When he’s done he’s done. Such is life and I respect that. It’s flavored with chicken fat as a top 3 ingredient. As a result the bag is very greasy. That’s what helps make it tasty. We make sure to store the food in the bag inside our storage container. Since it has more fat than his normal food it does set them up to gain weight so keep that in mind when figuring out how much to feed. My guy definitely gained weight on it. Best of luck. Renal failure sucks. No matter what we always lose eventually.
Cost effective alternative to Hill's Prescription K/D
I've had several dogs over the years that developed kidney disease, requiring each to go on prescription diets. My now 15 year old dog has had kidney disease for several years and had been on Hill's Prescription K/D dry food, until he stopped eating it. To begin with, it's ridiculously expensive and each of my 3 dogs that were on it, stopped eating it after some time. I then began giving him the canned variety which is even more expensive than the dry. Ultimately, I searched for an alternative and discovered Diamond Care RX Renal Formula dry food. Not only does he eat it with gusto, but it's significantly less expensive than Hill's. I'll never go back to Hill's.
dog likes the food
my Dog of 16 years is in need of special diet now for kidney and liver counts are a little high. so i decided based on this brands ingredients that it would be a better one. my senior dog likes the food. that is the most important challenge when changing his diet
It worked great for my dog
My 15 year old Norwegian elkhound was diagnosed with renal disease and our vet told us that a renal diet would be a good thing to try. I saw this food here on Chewy so I tried it and next visit to the vet my dog's renal level was lower. Our vet was very pleased and so was I.
DIAMOND DOG RENAL
Chewy took great care of us here. The dog food is , seemingly, as described. We just started renal diet three weeks ago, per vet instructions. This food was unknown to my vet. However, I really like that it conforms to the required diet and does not contain first ingredient whole corn. Actually no corn. My girl eats it up. I am switching her from hte Pro Plan Renal. She has already shown health improvement since switching to the Pro Plan. This one, in my mind will be even better.
Great Food for Kidney Issues
This seems to be the best choice for my pup whose kidney blood level was .1 above normal. I'm doing everything I can now for him before he has kidney disease. He loves this brand and I love that it's egg protein and it has a glaze on it which he seems to love. He's prancing around like he's 6 years old! He's 10 years old. Totally recommend this food and the plus is that it's 1/2 the price of the Science Diet Kidney food.
My dog actually wants to eat!
I am only sad that I discovered this food so late in the game! My 10-year-old dog has never been interested or motivated by food (especially the bland kidney diet food) until we found this. Now he comes to me to tell me when it's meal time. Just finished our first bag, and no question that Diamond Care is our new diet.
Food seems good, dog had to adjust.
I am glad this food is more affordable than other options and has probiotics. My dog took a little time to get used to it but he eats it fine now and looks for more-we just had to introduce it slowly. Hopefully his recheck will be good so he can keep eating this food!