Dog Mate Dog Door
About This Item
- Dog Mate dog doors are the perfect way to provide you pet with anytime access to an area.
- Super strong, lightweight flaps are suitable for cats as well as dogs. They're easy for your pet to push open.
- Suitable for a wide range of dog breeds: just select the perfect size for your breed.
- Flaps are fully brushed sealed with magnetic closure for total weatherproofing and minimum energy loss from the house.
- Medium and large Dog Mate doors feature robust locking panels for extra security.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Ideal Pet Products Air Seal Dog Door, White, Medium$60.86Chewy Price
- Ideal Pet Products Designer Series Ruff-Weather Pet Door, Tinted, Small$63.80Chewy Price$83.00List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Designer Series Original Plastic Pet Door, Tinted, Medium$25.35Chewy Price$34.00List Price
- PetSafe Extreme Weather Energy Efficient Pet Door, Large$119.95Chewy Price$129.99List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Wall Entry Dual Flap Dog Door, White, Medium$140.00Chewy Price
- PetSafe White Wall Entry Plastic Pet Door, Medium$109.95Chewy Price$119.99List Price
- PetSafe Aluminum Extreme Weather Dog & Cat Door, Large$169.95Chewy Price$169.99List Price
- PetSafe 4-Way Locking Cat Door, Up to 25-lbs$26.95Chewy Price$31.99List Price
- Cat Mate Large Cat/Small Dog 4-Way Self Lining Door, White$29.99Chewy Price$48.96List Price
- Ideal Pet Products Pet Door Replacement Flap, Medium$18.99Chewy Price
- PetSafe Freedom Aluminum Pet Door, X-Large$134.95Chewy Price$139.99List Price
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic||N/A, Plastic||Aluminum, Plastic, Metal||Plastic, Vinyl / PVC||Plastic, Aluminum, Metal|
|Breed Size||Large Breeds||Large Breeds||Extra Small & Toy Breeds, Small Breeds||Giant Breeds||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds|
Questions & Answers
30 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
118 Customer Reviews
Don’t buy if you don’t have tools
This is not for someone who doesn’t have an array of tools at their disposal to get this together and on a door. The easiest and quickest part of the entire endeavor was cutting the hole for it to go in, which hasn’t been the case for prior dog doors I have put in. The plastic pieces that protect and seal are absolute terrible execution of this idea. Also I have no clue how someone could do this alone, I definitely had to have a second person (and two clamps) on the inside get this all together in the end. Wouldn’t recommend getting this one solely for the putting it together part. It does however look nice in the end and seems sturdy, my dog barrels through it and looks like it will hold up though, and having the locking door panel will be nice.
Upon install, the screws went through the plastic. I went to the hardware store to remedy that. Now less than 3 weeks later, the puppies have snapped the flap out. It's possible I can fix this. I certainly would not recommend it. I replaced an old doggie door with this one so I could have a cover. The cover is the only good part.
Kalli cat is an adopted cat from a local SPCA. I brought her home at 1 year old, little did I know is had been feral. She has warmed up to love, not pick up, but love. We had problems from the git go! Now that she can go outside to do her Business, she is our perfect baby. She is now 5 years old! Great door, great experience! Donna
Kitty approved. They love the larger view. They don't have to hunker down anymore to see if the other is coming or going.
Meh, It's ok for now
I've purchased this dog mate doggie door to replace the old one for my toy schnauzers and Yorkies . This is the third door I've replaced because they don't make a replacement flap. The first set lasted about 5 years. The second one lasted 2.5yrs. This one is so flimsy, I doubt it will make it through the winter. So flimsy it took two people to put it on so as not to break it. Used to be an awesome product. But like everything else, they try to cut cost to keep the price low. I'd rather pay more and have a good product. In the very near future I'll go to another brand. Also the hollow design in the plastic frame has so many unnecessary holes in it that fills up with all the debre that comes off their feet while coming and going. The only way to clean it is to take the door completely off. Gets kinda nasty after a while. I'll go with an easier to clean design next time as well. Meh, its OK for now, but I'll replace it as soon as I find a better product.
Great doggy door!
My Toby really likes his new door! His other one was getting too tight for him!
Had to replace our front door so we put in a new pet door at the same time. This is a nice pet door but you have to cut the inserts that fit inside the pet door frame. It is a wider door than our old one and has a plastic flap with magnets instead of a rubber flap. Makes more noise when closing but seals off well so we should not have uninvited guests sneaking in.Took a few days for our Yorkie mix to get used to it but our BOSTONS never slowed down. Got this for a great price at Chewy. .
Really love it and so does my dog very sturdy easy to install.
Love it your dog will like coming in and out so easy safe and durable.
My dog love it.
Works great and a real good price. Fido thanks you.
The door catches because it doesn’t fit properly and there are gaps along the inside edges. My handyman had to go buy different screws bc the ones that came with it did not fit. I would not recommend this product.