Dog Palace Insulated Heated Dog House
Get notified when this item is back in stock.
Compare Similar Items
|Material||Plastic, Steel, Metal||Wood, Vinyl / PVC||Wood, Plastic|
|Breed Size||Medium Breeds, Large Breeds||Small Breeds, Medium Breeds||Large Breeds|
About This Item
- Paw-fect for medium and large dogs with a shoulder height of 26.5-inches or less.
- Comes with a Palace Central Heater with a remote and digital thermostat that can be adjusted to your desired temperature.
- This house has 2-4 inches of insulation in the sides, roof, floor and door to help keep your dog warm during the cooler months and cool during the warmer months.
- The raised flooring and drainage system help keep your pup dry and makes cleanup a cinch!
- The double-hinged swinging door is removable for early stages of training.
Pet Lovers Also Bought
- Frisco Modern Wooden Outdoor Dog House, White, Medium$274.99Chewy Price
- MidWest Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House, Beige, Medium$177.99Chewy Price$204.99List Price
- Frisco Classic Wooden Outdoor Dog House, White, Medium$249.99Chewy Price
- Frisco Craftsman Wooden Outdoor Dog House, Brown, Medium$229.99Chewy Price
- TRIXIE Natura Lodge Dog House$181.99Chewy Price$226.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura Classic Dog House with Weatherproof Finish, Elevated Floor, Large$160.99Chewy Price$191.99List Price
- Frisco Dome Dog House$124.99Chewy Price
- Merry Products Room with a View Wood Dog & Cat House$99.00Chewy Price
- Aspen Pet Petbarn 3 Plastic Dog House, 50-90 lbs$129.99Chewy Price$168.99List Price
- EcoSMART Bonita Pet Dog House, Red$59.99Chewy Price
- Precision Pet Products Outback Dog House Door, Medium/Large$30.52Chewy Price$32.99List Price
- TRIXIE Natura Barn Style Dog House Plastic Door, Large$10.99Chewy Price$12.99List Price
Questions & Answers
23 Customer Questions
ReviewsWrite a Review
26 Customer Reviews
not worth it
The house is poorly made for almost 400 dollars. The heater went out within a few months didn’t even make it three winter. Parts are not replaceable.the floor has cracked and is leaking foam everywhere within a few months. My dog ripped the door off within a week.
Dog Palace Review
I really like this dog house but one problem occured. Apparently, some mice got into the insulation part of this dog house and there are tiny bits of round foam pieces covering the inside. How they got in and brought it inside is beyond me. We're still trying to find. My dogs were scared of the door and wouldn't go in but we got some gorilla tape and left the door open initially till they went in and out. They eventually went in.
I WILL UPGRADE IF AND WHEN MY LAB WILL WILLINGLY GO IN
This is a very nice doghouse. Assembly was easy, it is sturdy and appears well designed. However after about a month my 80 lb lab won't willingly go in the house. I gave her some time with the lower part of the door detached. I have put treats and food in there. So far she has yet to go in the house with the lower door attached. She is sure it is a dark trap. She will go in as far as she can with her back feet still on the ground. I plan to rig a lower door with a clear plastic flap as a possible transition to the door with the lower flap attached. Right now I am trying to lure her in with the heated pad instead of the central heat unit and no lower door flap. But this will be no improvement over her old house that is 10 years old. The manufacturer was not able to offer additional ideas. For me this purchase was a waste so far. Unfortunately it is huge and the packaging is gone. I know, my mistake. If and when she actually goes in the house I will upgrade to more stars.
Dog and Dog-mom approved and appreciated
I am so grateful for this insulated heated doghouse. I have a GSP and a mixed German Shepherd. My GSP is so cold natured even though we live in the south. She throughly enjoys this house. We did show the girls how to go in the house by holding the door open and throwing treats in it. Then we rewarded them for coming out too. I noticed it wasn’t used until I added a little bit of hay inside for them to lay down on. I’ve enclosed a few photos. The darker brown (GSP) dog has used it every day/night since the hay was added. I caught the lighter tan dog coming out twice. The second time, both girls were snuggled down in the hay at the same time. so yes, 2 large dogs can get in it. In fact, I’ve tried several times prior to this doghouse to catch them together in the same doghouse and have never seen it until this past week. Picture hopefully enclosed.
Temperature to high
Nice durable dog house, only complaint is the heater only goes down to 55*. That's little hot for dogs used to being in below freezing weather, the temperature setting needs to be able to go lower to keep them above freezing without melting them with their thick fur coats
Heater not so great
The house is fairly easy to assemble and seems to insulate fairly well. The heater sold with it isn't so great. It heated a couple nights, then failed. I installed a thermometer to check the temp inside, and it doesn't get above 40 on a night of 20 outside. And that is with a bed mat warmer only.
Paid for itself already
Wasnt a 1 person job to put together but was easy enough...my blind boy took some time to adjust to the door,but loves being warm in 19°nights...i used to have to board him but he can stay home now its wonderful thank you!
Strong durable and the heater works great. Assembly was a breeze and my dog is a much happier dog. He loves it. He even took to the door on it right away. I didn't have to get him to go in. He didn't like the plastic thin door on his old one and ripped it off. This one he likes the cord for the heater we will see how it goes. I haven't had much luck with him and cords but I might be able to improve it easily. So he can't get to it. Oh and my kids said thank for the new box fort cardboard. Lol Got 2 gifts for the price of one. Lol
Best Dog House Ever
I recently bought a house and the dog that lived there (both owners are deceased) came with the purchase of the home. I told heirs of the estate if I bought the house I would take Foxy (little sheltie, the dog) as well. He is my latest additional to my fur family. The box is on the front porch next to the main entrance. Ex built a ramp for easier access into the box. Foxy loves he palace and I'm not worried that he is out in the cold. Purchased outdoor orthopedic dog bed for the bottom of the dog house which completes his dog palace. Couldn't be happier with my purchases!!
The doghouse is well constructed. You do have to have a level spot to out it together or the final pieces will not come together. Very well insulated!