How to open:
- Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to apply:
- Remove one applicator tube from the package.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet‘s face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- The dogs should be standing for easy application. Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not get this product in your dog‘s eyes or allow your dog to ingest this product.
- Discard empty tube.
- Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 7 days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Advantage Topical Solution and Advantage II?
We have added an insect growth regulator, pyriproxyfen, to Advantage II.
What is an insect growth regulator (IGR)?
An IGR, such as pyriproxyfen, inhibits the development of flea eggs. It also offers additional larvicidal properties when compared with imidacloprid alone.
How does pyriproxyfen work?
Pyriproxyfen mimics the juvenile growth hormone of fleas. This hormone prevents immature flea stages from molting into the next stage of the life cycle and keeps them from developing into adult fleas.
Why is it important to use a product with an IGR?
With an IGR as part of your flea control, the flea life cycle is disrupted at multiple stages through different active ingredients and modes of action. This is often referred to as integrated flea control (IFC). The addition of an IGR to Advantage II adds larvicidal and ovicidal properties to target flea infestations and kill all flea life stages.
Is Advantage II waterproof?
Yes, there is no need to reapply the product after weekly swimming or a bath. For best results, use a non-detergent shampoo.